Sponsored

Rear storage option for JLU

markgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
No worries - the conversation has jumped around a bit.

You make a good point I hadn't considered when I originally started looking in to this (early, 2020). I will need to be able to remove the top and rear (behind rear seat) panels on a regular basis in order to fit my mountain bike and or other large objects. I just reviewed the Slipstream solution which looks very flexible and would meet this need.

Does anyone have experience with Squadbox and the removal of the top and rear (behind rear seat) panels for carrying larger objects? If so, do you find these quick/easy to remove?
on the Squadbox, you can remove the top and behind the seat pieces in about 2-3 minutes.
Sponsored

markgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
So I received the 2 revised top side pieces from Squadbox, fairly simple to swap out and totally secure. I would assume that these would be the new go forward.

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU white Rubicon, 2019 BMW R1250GSA 2019 Honda Talon 1000x
Ordered my SquadBox yesterday! Can't wait! Tyler is AWSOME
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear storage option for JLU IMG_2533

Sponsored

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed my squadbox yesterday! Woot! Woot! love it. Not one rattle or sqeak! Tyler is awesome! I will post some pictures asap

Last edited:

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So for the guys that have the slipstream you have rattles or no? Really want the security but I know any rattling would drive me nuts

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I have the slipstream and have no rattles. Every once in awhile I may hear a pin slide back and forth when turning a corner at a higher speed but really I’m surprised that it doesn’t rattle more while driving down the road.

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No rattles with the squad box. ZERO

Sponsored

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I installed my squadbox yesterday! Woot! Woot! love it. Not one rattle or sqeak! Tyler is awesome! I will post some pictures asap
Tony,

are you still planing to post some pictures? And - more important - are you still happy with the squadbox?

I currently have the slipstream installed, but there are a few things that I am not so happy about, and I am thinking about swapping it out against the squadbox.

Did I pick it up correctly that it is possible to "store" the lid at the bottom of the boot, in case you are transporting something that does not fit under the lid when it is installed?

And how do you reach the wires/pipe for the hard top when swapping from soft top to hard top and vice versa? Thanks for any comments (and pictures! ;o).

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tony,

are you still planing to post some pictures? And - more important - are you still happy with the squadbox?

I currently have the slipstream installed, but there are a few things that I am not so happy about, and I am thinking about swapping it out against the squadbox.

Did I pick it up correctly that it is possible to "store" the lid at the bottom of the boot, in case you are transporting something that does not fit under the lid when it is installed?

And how do you reach the wires/pipe for the hard top when swapping from soft top to hard top and vice versa? Thanks for any comments (and pictures! ;o).
[/QUOTE

I think you can, I’ll try later today and take some pictures. I just installed the coverking headliner yesterday. It’s gorgeous and very quiet and probably keeps heat in during the winter and out in the summer. (I sport the soft top during the summer do I’ll never find out. I did it for looks mainly) I think it should come from the factory like that or at least an option. I love it.