Rear storage option for JLU

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU white Rubicon, 2019 BMW R1250GSA 2019 Honda Talon 1000x
@markgt : Have you got the tie down rails installed? I am asking because I live in Germany, and Tyler has not come back to me with a shipping offer. Quadratec, on the other hand, does not sell the squadbox with the tie down rails... :mad:

Do you think it would be possible to install them afterwards?

I believe Tyler direct ships them, order through quadratec with free shipping and pay tyler through PayPal for the rails. I think Tyler could do that.
Sponsored

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
@zscooby,

Thanks a lot for your help, it is much appreciated!

As regards ordering and especially the tie down rails, the problem lies in the shipping: As I live in Germany, there is no free shipping for me... Quadratec has come up with a reasonable offer, but they do not offer the rails, and Tyler would send me the whole package, but would charge a hell of a lot for shipping (he probably does not get Quadratec rates because his business is to small).

I am now trying to bring Quadratec and Tyler together (they ARE doing business after all) to have the low shipping costs and still receive the tie-down rails - keep your fingers crossed for me!

Best,

Michael

RealMenDIY

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
This seems to be the most comprehensive thread talking about Squadbox and as others have noted there isn't much info available anywhere, specifically reviews or user experience, so I am tagging on. One question I haven't seen is how does the sub sound when enclosed in the Squadbox. I imagine it is very similar to a sub box being in the trunk of a car, doesn't really affect the sound greatly. Can anyone confirm?

I am about to click order, just need confirmation.

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This seems to be the most comprehensive thread talking about Squadbox and as others have noted there isn't much info available anywhere, specifically reviews or user experience, so I am tagging on. One question I haven't seen is how does the sub sound when enclosed in the Squadbox. I imagine it is very similar to a sub box being in the trunk of a car, doesn't really affect the sound greatly. Can anyone confirm?

I am about to click order, just need confirmation.
Sounds great increases the bass

dblankenbaker

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of old Jeeps. JLURD ordered 5/7.

Sponsored

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It really is that easy! But it’s a resl booger to get installed! 100% worth it. I’d do it again if I didn’t have one. Not one rattle.

dblankenbaker

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of old Jeeps. JLURD ordered 5/7.
Cjkinwi said:
@zscooby Does it fit with the gap cover/cargo mat installed, or will that have to be removed?

I took it out to get the squad box installed, then i put it back in. It was a little work but it fits!
Just received my SquadBox and am EXTREMELY pleased with the quality of the materials and workmanship. đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Had not thought about gap cover clearance but good to know since my backseat will be down most of the time for dogs so I need to keep that cover.

Sponsored

son-of-odin

First Name
Thorvald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Rubicon 392 XR, '11 Ford F350 Super Duty
Thanks for the posts, everybody. I've read through the entire thread and the information everyone has shared has been super helpful. Except for the posts that show awesome custom jobs...those just make me jealous. :LOL:

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
I had the Diabolical product on my 2014 JKUR with hardtop and really enjoyed it mounted with or without the hardtop. The thing I look for now, since my 2021 JLUR 392 has the SOT (and half doors) is those removeable rear panels still need to go into some type of hole... the Squadbox does not overhange the top lip like do the Backbone, JFTops, Diabolical and Aries products, so the mounting holes remain available. I am thinking to go the Squadbox just because I think it would make it easier to keep it installed when I want to switch around with half doors and no rear windows.

...just another perspective.

TylerU

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
I took it out to get the squad box installed, then i put it back in. It was a little work but it fits!
Curious how you modified the gap hider brackets etc to make it fit. If its not too much trouble would you mind posting pictures? I've been thinking about trying to put mine back in but wasn't sure how much modification would be necessary.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Just purchased a 2020 JL 2 weeks ago, looked everywhere and couldn’t find a lockable safe where the plastic tub sits. So I decided to build my own. 10 gauge cold rolled steel. Here’s some pics. Of beginning stages. Will send final pics when finished. P.S. also joined the cracked windshield club today ‍♂

FF475401-A0D5-41D1-9F50-C00672D7FD60.jpeg

03340C7B-B8D6-43DE-9298-71978973CEA4.jpeg

76D379E8-F654-4B89-9907-BDFF702DFD11.jpeg
Why do you have a Jeep, I like the ride in the background...
Sponsored