Rear locker only?

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
They want people to buy Rubicons. If they had a rear locker on a Sport they would sell a lot less Rubicons. The amount of time you need a front locker is minimal for 90% of people that off road.
There are probably a lot of people who buy a Rubicon because it says Rubicon on the side of the hood. There’s many who would buy because of the 33’s, the lift, the fender flares and the hood, and many who just like the look of it.

Then there’s the people who actually need front and rear lockers, 4:1 t-case, upgraded axle shafts, wide track and elec sway bar disconnect.

I bet the first group is the majority of buyers, and they’re going to buy a Rubicon anyway.
Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
So I have LSD on my 2018 Sahara, I had 4WP install E-locker on my front ($1700), now I have the best of both worlds and in most cases better traction that say Rubicon with F-R lockers. In mud, snow, dirt, and sand I have a slight advantage however for serious crawling the Lockers have it. Keep in mind LSD can require maintenance over time but it is not expensive.

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
There are probably a lot of people who buy a Rubicon because it says Rubicon on the side of the hood. There’s many who would buy because of the 33’s, the lift, the fender flares and the hood, and many who just like the look of it.

Then there’s the people who actually need front and rear lockers, 4:1 t-case, upgraded axle shafts, wide track and elec sway bar disconnect.

I bet the first group is the majority of buyers, and they’re going to buy a Rubicon anyway.
This is true. I spent some of my savings on a ring and it changed my budget a little ha! I’m in the group that wants to use the Jeep out on some trails. Luckily the aftermarket is amazing so you can always add what you need.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
So I have LSD on my 2018 Sahara, I had 4WP install E-locker on my front ($1700), now I have the best of both worlds and in most cases better traction that say Rubicon with F-R lockers. In mud, snow, dirt, and sand I have a slight advantage however for serious crawling the Lockers have it. Keep in mind LSD can require maintenance over time but it is not expensive.
Unless of course a Rubicon owner buys a tazer, on road, spotty snow you still have an advantage. All those other situations I just lock my rear dif and the drifting ensues. After market or factory, I know plenty of people who've removed limited slips for lockers and absolutely 0 who removed lockers for limited slips?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Unless of course a Rubicon owner buys a tazer, on road, spotty snow you still have an advantage. All those other situations I just lock my rear dif and the drifting ensues. After market or factory, I know plenty of people who've removed limited slips for lockers and absolutely 0 who removed lockers for limited slips?

Tazer does not change the function of a locker only speeds you can use them at, When one breaks they both break. I had stock rear LSD and added front Locker. Drifting is the next step to out of control in those conditions.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Tazer does not change the function of a locker only speeds you can use them at, When one breaks they both break. I had stock rear LSD and added front Locker. Drifting is the next step to out of control in those conditions.
Speeds, 4hi, and in 2wd, but yes, on road in snow the limited slip is better. Everywhere else, the locker is better in my opinion. The drifting is on purpose and adds to the fun. There's a reason why most aftermarket lockers aren't limited slip when open, it's unnecessary.

Last edited:

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
should have always been a factory option. But honestly, they want you to buy the Rubicon. Or they want you to buy Mopar aftermarket.
Sponsored