re-thinking lift scenario

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
initially,km was thinking of the RC 2.5 spacer lift and a set of longer teraflex shocks..but being 2.5", hten we start delving into the possibility of steering going back to being F'd & possibly needing all kinds of extra money thrown at it (adjustable lca's & trackbars...probably some other stuff as well....
or, for about the same as the lca's, track bars, shocks and lift, I could step down my expectations to a rancho 2" lift..perhaps not have to throw additional funds at it...

thoughts from the hive?
Sponsored

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
My honest advice is, don’t lift a jeep on a budget (Budget lift) everyone has a budget ... if you’re not willing to sacrifice ride quality.

If you want 2.5 you can get away with not doing any control arms / what do you plan to do with it? Looks only ?What size tires ?

OP
OP
MyDaughters20JL

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
My honest advice is, don’t lift a jeep on a budget (Budget lift) everyone has a budget ... if you’re not willing to sacrifice ride quality.

If you want 2.5 you can get away with not doing any control arms / what do you plan to do with it? Looks only ?What size tires ?
315 ko2's
mostly forest service roads & the like..but once in a while, the road will be washed out or a tree across..small stuff, nothing major

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had the rubi takeoffs, 2.5" rc spacer lift and the front longer mopar LCAs. Wheeled in it a few times and did a lot of street driving. Didn't have any issues with it. Steering was great and performance was on par for the $450 I spent on it.

I think it is a perfectly fine option for someone on a budget and some mild to lighter moderate offroading. I did adjust the toe and drag link to get things centered.

I did install the rk 3.5" lift with fox shocks last weekend which took a lot of time to install and some fabrication. Haven't really done much with it yet except for some highway driving but if was enjoyable so far.

But I think the rc spacer lift with rubi takeoffs does work well enough for some people. It's just the longer I have my Jeep the more I just want to keep adding to it which I didn't really plan on doing when I first got it.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m utilizing a 2.5 RC boost with what came with it and using just the factory shocks, I wanted to just run bigger tires and give me some lift for just back roads and running on the beach and this has worked well running BFG KO2 315’s and recently put on a better stabilizer ( Falcon 2.1 )

I had originally wanted to go for a full blown lift but the shop I dealt here in Houston was great and sat me down and asked me what my plans were with the Jeep and fit that need with the equipment and I have been really happy with the ride performance.

I will likely replace the shocks and get rid of the shock extenders to stiffen up the ride alittle as it does tend to get a bit bouncy on the back roads

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
initially,km was thinking of the RC 2.5 spacer lift and a set of longer teraflex shocks..but being 2.5", hten we start delving into the possibility of steering going back to being F'd & possibly needing all kinds of extra money thrown at it (adjustable lca's & trackbars...probably some other stuff as well....
or, for about the same as the lca's, track bars, shocks and lift, I could step down my expectations to a rancho 2" lift..perhaps not have to throw additional funds at it...

thoughts from the hive?
Trust me , this is not something you want to half-ass. Buy once, cry once and do it right.

You may think by just doing spacer lift and running 35s will keep you from having to change out parts your wrong, it will need to be done eventually. The stock stuff is crap, and will wear out faster on larger tires.

Whichever lift you go with, even if it’s Wiley Coyote’s famous Acme brand, make sure that it corrects the geometry from the jump. It will drive, handle , and perform so much better. And you’ll enjoy your rig a lot more..

peace brother, and good luck.......✌

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I have the Rancho lift, their geo correction brackets and front and rear adjustable track bars waiting to be installed on my JLUR. I have heard nothing but positive reviews on this lift.

Reach out to @River City Offroad for pricing and availability. They handled my transaction quickly and pricing was excellent too.

I cannot wait to get the lift installed.

OP
OP
MyDaughters20JL

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
Trust me , this is not something you want to half-ass. Buy once, cry once and do it right.

You may think by just doing spacer lift and running 35s will keep you from having to change out parts your wrong, it will need to be done eventually. The stock stuff is crap, and will wear out faster on larger tires.

Whichever lift you go with, even if it’s Wiley Coyote’s famous Acme brand, make sure that it corrects the geometry from the jump. It will drive, handle , and perform so much better. And you’ll enjoy your rig a lot more..

peace brother, and good luck.......✌
Speaking of geometry: it sounds as if the longer control arms from the Mopar lift might be enough to illuminate any of steering issues caused by lift. I had those installed when they replaced my steering box. It almost sounds like there’s a possibility that the only thing that is going to be needed is different track bars or the truck for relocation brackets. Is there a recommendation for Relocation brackets for the track bar as opposed to buying completely new truck bars?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of geometry: it sounds as if the longer control arms from the Mopar lift might be enough to illuminate any of steering issues caused by lift. I had those installed when they replaced my steering box. It almost sounds like there’s a possibility that the only thing that is going to be needed is different track bars or the truck for relocation brackets. Is there a recommendation for Relocation brackets for the track bar as opposed to buying completely new truck bars?
They all will pretty much do the job, RK, teraflex, synergy.......etc.
Sponsored