Sponsored

I own a 2018 JLU Sahara and thinking of keep my own rims and put bigger tires with 2 inch lift kit

JLPRO

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JLU
Looking to put bigger tires on the oem 18” Sahara wheels and 2,1/2 inch lift!
woukd like to see some pics with these modes on a Sahara pls
Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm....if only there were a dedicated section on this forum for pics. Would be awesome if it had multiple categories, for colors and lifts and tire sizes. I bet a section like that could have over 62,000 posts. If only.....

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm....if only there were a dedicated section on this forum for pics. Would be awesome if it had multiple categories, for colors and lifts and tire sizes. I bet a section like that could have over 62,000 posts. If only.....
Dang Matt, It’s his first post! Cut guy some slack.:CWL:

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
That's a good idea, why don't we do that. And put it somewhere that new members can find it.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
It appears to me that all of the stock rims are the same width- Sport steel, Sport alloy, Willys, Altitude, Sahara, Rubicon, so they should all be capable of larger tires. But there might be a difference in backspacing that will need to be dealt with by adding spacers. I read somewhere else that the tire selection for 18s isn't as good as for 17s.

275/70-18 looks just right, especially with that lift.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
I know its an o
Jeep Wrangler JL I own a 2018 JLU Sahara and thinking of keep my own rims and put bigger tires with 2 inch lift kit lift tires jl

275/70/18 with a 2" spacer lift.
l know its an old thread, a few questions. I'm planning on doing something similar to my 2021 Sahara Sarge 6sp, looking at new Quadratec 1.75" lift with Fox 2.0 shocks and 275-70-18 Toyo OC At3. Main question is was there any other geometry adjustments you needed to main in order to keep geometry in check? Track bars, LCA's, brake line extensions, etc and the like...??? Your Jeep looks great BTW...
Sponsored