Radio no sound

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Just had the same problem. But am and fixed it. Crazy thing I found is when I hit the Mute Button a then unmute sometime the rear camera comes on. I can repeat it multiple times.

try muting and unmuting. Sometime I have to mute for 2 or 3 seconds and then unmute.

Edit: I have a Taser and it’s a feature I didn’t know about. Not very consistent when double tapping it.
Sponsored

Treb55

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I have had issues with my radio/nav. at first the screens would freeze up so I couldn't change to any other page. The dealer did a reflash. That didn't work then I took it back again. This time they said I had to have the newest update then if that didn't work they would put in a new radio. It fixed the freezing of the pages but then created the issue where there is no sound from the speakers. Turning the car off did not fix it every time. I just read about changing the source to AM. I will try that next time. I called the dealer again to get a new radio but they say they have to troubleshoot AGAIN!! Going back and forth to the dealer is getting old. I have emailed jeep care but no response yet.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have had issues with my radio/nav. at first the screens would freeze up so I couldn't change to any other page. The dealer did a reflash. That didn't work then I took it back again. This time they said I had to have the newest update then if that didn't work they would put in a new radio. It fixed the freezing of the pages but then created the issue where there is no sound from the speakers. Turning the car off did not fix it every time. I just read about changing the source to AM. I will try that next time. I called the dealer again to get a new radio but they say they have to troubleshoot AGAIN!! Going back and forth to the dealer is getting old. I have emailed jeep care but no response yet.
Hi Richard,
We're sorry to hear about your continued concern. Please feel free to reach out to us via PM with your VIN. We would be happy to look into the status of your case.
Alex
JeepCares

FirstF80InSpace

First Name
F80
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 C4S / 2021 JLUR 4xe
Same thing happened to me today. But I didn't know about the AM trick so I pulled the radio and subwoofer fuses and put them back and that did the trick.

Treb55

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Just got in my car and drive home no sound coming out of the radio I tried turning off the car several times to no avail. And it is not muted any ideas
We had the same issue. In mid December we had the radio updated for the third time. It finally is working correctly. Update was 19.11

Sponsored

Jeepster_Aus

First Name
Renier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Well, what do you know, Jeep is 3 days old. Everything worked fine when I parked it last night. Got in this morning and no sound. I selected between DAB, FM, CarPlay, tried the Nav and Audio commands and no sound on anything. Locked, unlocked, restarted the car multiple times, tried the mute button, turning radio on and off and nothing!

Did a quick google search and found this thread, popped back in the Jeep, hit AM and sound is back. Definitely strange, but at least it worked.

SeanR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Same thing just happened to me. No audio but everything else on the Alpine was working fine. Found this thread and selected AM and the audio came back on. My Jeep is two months old, which means this bug is still in the software three years later. WTH Jeep?

Pbjeep

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ Tj jk six in all
Mine just did this and am worked but now it skips every few seconds.
Sponsored