Sponsored

Questionable Stock Windshield Wipers

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
So i just buy two of these? or left and right are different?
Thanks
Just buy two. The blade is usable on either driver or passenger side.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
4 years with the factory blades and they still work really good.
Garage kept??
Because I can only get 1 1/2 years of good use out of any blade I buy, no matter how expensive.

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
My 2019 had bad wipers. My 2021 is legit. Same part from one to the other so what's the difference? My 2021 blades are square to the windshield. The 2019 needed an adjustment. Had to twist the wiper arm to get the blade to sit correctly on the windshield now it's legit. šŸ¤“

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i replaced my stock wipers which lasted 4 years with bosch icon. i dont bother with the rear wiper since i dont use it.

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
I am pretty anal about my blades on my vehicles. After 10 years of swapping blades out at a BIG BOX Auto Parts store, I do highly recommend the Bosch blades myself. They have added one or two level above their standard beam blade, but they all seem to work well.

One thing that can really extend the life of you blades is CLEANING the blade edges every time you clean your windshield or top off fluids in your Jeep. I also look and inspect the blades carefully. IF they are starting to ā€ROLL OVERā€, itā€™s time to change them. What I call rolling over is that the blades take a set and the wiping edge seems to be bent in one direction or the other. Does FINE working aross the grain, but going with it is where you get your streeks or smears. The blade SHOULD be when on edge, straight up and down. If itā€™s laid over in one direction or another then replace.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Product recommendation?
I used the Adamā€™s spray on version but they also make a windshield sealant that works awesome. I like the spray on ceramic because itā€™s very easy and forgiving to apply and lasts 6 months to a year (YMMV). That plus RainX fluid and water just beads off like crazy.

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I aree with @Maverick909 I use Turtle Wax 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating. I put this on the Windshield and it lasts for quite a while.

Makes the water bead off while driving and keeps the wipers nice and buttery smooth.
Sponsored