Sponsored

Question regarding the Windsheld defrost

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
I bought way too many, I have about 35 extras if anyone wants them, same price as ebay otherwise I'll return em no big deal, PM if you want em.
Sponsored

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
@paulr

I just messaged the eBAY seller, selling the plugs you gave the link to. Here is what I told the vendor:

"In case you are wondering why... suddenly, that you are selling so many of these.... Guy's with 2018 /2019 Jeep Wrangler JL's are using them to plug the front windshield defroster vent holes... to redirect air flow. Stock defroster vents do not get defrost air to the sides of the windshield properly.

Do expect to be selling a lot of these."
haha thanks, ya he just messaged me he updated the listing to show it works for JL defrosters :cwl: and he added a photo

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
So far I am using 13 of the 50 I bought off Amazon.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@paulr

Yes, Dan, the seller, after hearing we needed a bunch for the Jl, said he was going to offer a 24 pack at a reduced price and mention JL, you and I... Guess he figured he would give us JL guys/gals a break and reduce the price and an add 24 pack offering.. 8-)

I had sent him a second, pm with your pic of the plugs installed, and a link to this thread. Thought he would be interested in what we were all using the plugs for.

Anyway, 24 plugs for $14.50 which includes free shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Square-...h=item3b281733d0:g:ozQAAOxy~dNTHKhm:rk:6:pf:0

He also has the 12 pack that he was offering and he reduced the price on that to $9.75 and that that also includes free shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Square-...122699?hash=item3a8cd8d10b:g:ozQAAOxy~dNTHKhm

Thanks eBAY vendor, Dan...

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And now his price will triple!
@Black Moab

Nope, the vendor did us JL owner's a solid after hearing what we were using the plugs for... He actually lowered the price on the 12 pack and made available a 24 pack at a reduced price. Guess not all vendors are created equal... this guy earns my Thank you.. 8-)

kinneyb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, Bright White, 3.6L
@paulr

Yes, Dan, the seller, after hearing we needed a bunch for the Jl, said he was going to offer a 24 pack at a reduced price and mention JL, you and I... Guess he figured he would give us JL guys/gals a break and reduce the price and an add 24 pack offering.. 8-)

I had sent him a second, pm with your pic of the plugs installed, and a link to this thread. Thought he would be interested in what we were all using the plugs for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Square-...h=item3b281733d0:g:ozQAAOxy~dNTHKhm:rk:6:pf:0

He also has the 12 pack that he was offering and he reduced the price on that to $9.75 and that that also includes free shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Square-...122699?hash=item3a8cd8d10b:g:ozQAAOxy~dNTHKhm

This restores my faith in humanity! :jk:

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
@Black Moab

Nope, the vendor did us JL owner's a solid after hearing what we were using the plugs for... He actually lowered the price on the 12 pack and made available a 24 pack at a reduced price. Guess not all vendors are created equal... this guy earns my Thank you.. 8-)
That’s great news! I just ordered 24. It would be great if a forum member that lives where the defroster is an absolute necessity would experiment with how many plugs and in what configuration is ideal and post that information so the rest of us who seldom use the defroster could be set when and if we need to. I’m in Texas and in almost three months of owning my JLU (and half way through January) I’ve yet to turn mine on.

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
@paulr

Cool beans. Ordered.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BLACKMOAB

I have started with ... am testing with, the two very center vent holes open, and then 6 plugs on each side of the open holes.

When the additional plugs I purchased arrive, I will gradually add plugs, evenly, to each side until I get the desired results.

I do believe with the 2 middle open and the 6 plugs on either side, I am pretty close. I may need to add say 3 additional or so more on each side.

The plugs pop in very easy, so adding more, lets say on the fly, will be no problem. Also, they can be pried up easily to remove as needed. Do not pusg=h down on them crazy hard as they can be pushed through the friggin vent hole.

As some one that had been using a 10" long, computer mouse pad to cover the center part of the vent array and seeing good results, I know that the plugs are gonna get-er-done and in a better fashion then the mouse pad.

Yes, I too look forward to hearing what other's find works best in regard to the placement of the plugs.

By the way.. the plugs, Dan the eBAY vendor is selling, match up great to the color of the dash, etc.

Sponsored

slamr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB, Harley SE Street Glide
I think I was lucky enough to place one of the last orders for 24 late last night before the price reduction lol. Just won’t have them in time for this weekends storm. I plane on following @Rhinebeck01 pattern as a good starting point here in Upstate NY.

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
@BLACKMOAB

I have started with ... am testing with, the two very center vent holes open, and then 6 plugs on each side of the open holes.

When the additional plugs I purchased arrive, I will gradually add plugs, evenly, to each side until I get the desired results.

I do believe with the 2 middle open and the 6 plugs on either side, I am pretty close. I may need to add say 3 additional or so more on each side.

The plugs pop in very easy, so adding more, lets say on the fly, will be no problem. Also, they can be pried up easily to remove as needed. Do not pusg=h down on them crazy hard as they can be pushed through the friggin vent hole.

As some one that had been using a 10" long, computer mouse pad to cover the center part of the vent array and seeing good results, I know that the plugs are gonna get-er-done and in a better fashion then the mouse pad.

Yes, I too look forward to hearing what other's find works best in regard to the placement of the plugs.

By the way.. the plugs, Dan the eBAY vendor is selling, match up great to the color of the dash, etc.

Thanks, @Rhinebeck01. Please keep us posted on what you determine to be ideal.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@slamr

Funny.... I too ordered before the price reduction... then I messaged the vendor and he reduced the price. Oh well, at least other's here will get a price break thanks to my messaging the vendor and his / the vendor, ultimately reducing the price.

Again, my hats off to the vendor for lowering the prices, versus raising them. He did JL owner's a solid.. 8-)

By the way, recently, I did a fair amount of testing, lets call it, in Upstate NY. The mouse computer pad covering the same vent holes, as my plugs are now covering, really made a difference in defroster coverage.

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Ordered mine before the price drop, But THANKS Rhinebeck!!!

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Ordered plugs today.
Have noticed that if I push the the defrost mode button, the fan pushes more air and it helps but still doesn't get the area over the speakers when the weather is nasty.

I
Sponsored