Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I highly recommend the Stealth winch! I have this winch installed on my JK and I love it! This has the wireless remote and the light on the winch that matches the J5 lightbar! This winch you can also take clutch lever off for security. This is a great winch for the price!

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/q-performance-stealth-winch

Hailey
Love your stealth winch, just put it through it’s paces, worked flawlessly, I really like the wireless remote, that’s way easier than worrying about the wire. I would definitely recommend this winch, it’s definitely next level. :like:

Roky
AC1A58C2-41A6-4F7B-8DB4-F517704E585B.jpeg
Sponsored

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Love your stealth winch, just put it through it’s paces, worked flawlessly, I really like the wireless remote, that’s way easier than worrying about the wire. I would definitely recommend this winch, it’s definitely next level. :like:

Roky
Roky

Glad to hear that it worked great for you! It looks great with your front bumper as well!

Hailey

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine over the weekend, finally had a day that was above freezing so the garage was manageable to work in. Now need to go "test" it ;)

stealth winch.jpeg

balan

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Website
heraglobaltech.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab Punk'n
Occupation
Engineer
I installed mine over the weekend, finally had a day that was above freezing so the garage was manageable to work in. Now need to go "test" it ;)

stealth winch.jpeg
Which bar is installed on your bumper? Does that one clear the winch well? Interested in the winch and bumper lights.

Mecha

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Which bar is installed on your bumper? Does that one clear the winch well? Interested in the winch and bumper lights.
That's the Mopar bar for the factory Steal bumper.
Buying the winch plate and that bar can afford you a new bumper from smitty, DV8 or others that come with bars and a plate.
We were going to add that bar and a warn plate to our factory steal bumper then I started looking at prices of things and figured we would just get a DV8 bumper with the plate and bar to match our other dv8 items. Sell the factory steal bumper and be even.

Sponsored

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ‘18 JLUR
If you chose to remove the clutch lever on your Quadratec winch, one of the plastic plugs that are being used by several members to improve defroster air flow, can be used to keep debris out of the clutch lever hole. You will need to slightly trim the fins on the sides of the plug with a sharp knife.

B33FA1AD-8A7A-4383-8172-4FDA76F83212.jpeg

94BBD410-6346-46A8-BFB8-3DDAAC50C500.jpeg

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
If you chose to remove the clutch lever on your Quadratec winch, one of the plastic plugs that are being used by several members to improve defroster air flow, can be used to keep debris out of the clutch lever hole. You will need to slightly trim the fins on the sides of the plug with a sharp knife.

B33FA1AD-8A7A-4383-8172-4FDA76F83212.jpeg

94BBD410-6346-46A8-BFB8-3DDAAC50C500.jpeg
Not familiar with these. Where can I get one?

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
The bar is the Mopar one, I like it best of all the options I saw out there as it sits the lowest and clears the winch with no issues. It can be mounted forward or backward as well and I have it mounted facing forward

jonster

First Name
John Hamilton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The bar is the Mopar one, I like it best of all the options I saw out there as it sits the lowest and clears the winch with no issues. It can be mounted forward or backward as well and I have it mounted facing forward
Roky

Glad to hear that it worked great for you! It looks great with your front bumper as well!

Hailey
Is there a cover that will work for this winch? Thanks.

Sponsored

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer

Roky

I too have a LOD bumper, just the full width version. I'm looking at this particular winch. I note you are using a Poison Spider fairlead. Just curious why you didn't use the LOD fairlead? I'm guessing you happen to just have the PS one handy but want to make sure there's no issues with the LOD one?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I too have a LOD bumper, just the full width version. I'm looking at this particular winch. I note you are using a Poison Spider fairlead. Just curious why you didn't use the LOD fairlead? I'm guessing you happen to just have the PS one handy but want to make sure there's no issues with the LOD one?
Yeah.... my dumb ass forgot to order it when I ordered my bumper.....:facepalm: My wife is big on poison spyder products, so I went with their fair lead. I know for a fact that there’s nothing wrong with the lod fairlead, as my buddy has one on his rig....:like:

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!

stealth winch.jpeg
Do you have the steel bumper and what winch plate did you use?
Sponsored