Sponsored

Quadratec lost my business

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Northridge is amazing. They've been stupid fast for me on everything ranging from small accessories all the way up to a UD44 axle.

I've had issues with quadratec in the least year or so and there's plenty of dissatisfied customers on here lately. They claim "ships same day if ordered in x hours" and then disappear with your order for weeks and don't respond to any method of communication.

Exactly my experience. I even changed my order multiple times to the items that showed "in stock, shipping in hours" onl.y to have the order site there and the item move to out of stock.

In the end I had to do my build with a pieced together set of parts from Quadratec and other sources.

In the past they had been great always shipping very fast (2-days fast).

Don't know what happened, they went downhill fast.

Amazing experience with Northridge now with my latest orders.
Sponsored

JLanesey

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport, 1954 CJ3B
Occupation
HVAC
I had the same issues as you, I PM’d their rep on here and she got it resolved on the next business day. The day I did get through after waiting 50mins in tele line the girl that answered sounded like she was probably answering calls “from home”. I don’t think this helps with this type of job.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I’m really surprised (not doubting) that Quadratec is failing so badly - they were THE vendor for so long. I’ve had good experience with Q and Northridge…sounds like it’ll be Northridge from here on out.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I’m really surprised (not doubting) that Quadratec is failing so badly - they were THE vendor for so long. I’ve had good experience with Q and Northridge…sounds like it’ll be Northridge from here on out.
And they have some stuff that's actually innovative like the Mastertop fullview windows. It's just a shame when you go to buy a three piece set and they charge you for it, then ship you just the sides and put the rear in indefinite backorder.

Sponsored

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
Had similar issue with ordering a dead pedal from Quadratec. Long story short, I was never able to get anyone on the phone and got generic email replies. I finally got all the parts I needed but zero communication on their part. What happened to Quadratec?? Been ordering from them for 12 years. But I guess no more.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
I'm really surprised no one has mentioned Extreme Terrain yet. They have some good products and their sales/clearance/open-box section is usually really awesome. I got 60% off a CAI that was missing a seal. I called the manufacturer of the CAI and inquired about the seal and they sent it, no questions asked lol. The CAI was brand new, still never used, all in plastic still.

I also got a Red Rock rear gate reinforcement bracket from ET, it was on sale for $16, was about $21 after shipping/tax. I dunno that I will be able to carry much larger/heavier wheels on the back with it, but the MOPAR 1 was like $700 to order. If nothing else this will help with the hollow thud I've heard on the dealer lot.

A lot of the open box items will have some missing parts or maybe have a cosmetic defect. If you're even marginally handy you can get some great deals there and make it work for you with your local hardware store. There are some rock rail I want to get but it's missing all the mounting hardware including spacers and I just don't know what it's called for so I won't get those.

I've called ET and got a person within minutes and they were knowledgeable and polite. My orders have all shipped out same day and so far their service and descriptions have all been great. I suggest checking them out.

OP
OP
engineXI

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
I'm really surprised no one has mentioned Extreme Terrain yet. They have some good products and their sales/clearance/open-box section is usually really awesome.

I've called ET and got a person within minutes and they were knowledgeable and polite. My orders have all shipped out same day and so far their service and descriptions have all been great. I suggest checking them out.
I don't recall what now, but something originally was offputting about them. I ended up deleting their app from my phone. I'll check them out again. It's good to know that they answer phones. That's actually important to me.
I was also reminded about the company I purchased my rock krawler kit from. River City Offroad. I think they are a small company in Texas and they didn't charge me any sales tax. That's a big deal when you are buying something over $2k.

TX MOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 MOAB
Great info, i was looking at buying a few things from them this month but I’m not looking for a customer service nightmare so will elsewhere thx!!

Sponsored

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Poor timing on their part too because my bonus just hit the bank on Thursday, so I'm on a spending spree.

The reason quadratec lost my business:
Summary: They refuse to return my money for an order they canceled.
The boring details:
On Apr 14 I placed an online order for an item totaling about $250. It automatically applied a gift card which dropped the final cost to ~$200.
I received an email confirming my order. Then nothing. The item is listed as in stock, but nothing.
On Sunday the 24th I sent an email to their customer service including the email they sent to me and inquired as to the status of the order. That email, BTW, has never been responded too.
On tuesday, I called (waited 45min to get an agent). The agent found the order and told me they would look into it and contact me back by phone. They never called back.
On wednesday, I called (waited again about 45min for an agent). This agent knew nothing about the email or the previous phone call. They informed me that no such order existed and said they would check about it and call me back. I insisted that I send to this person the original order email and they agreed.
After sending the order email, they responded back that the order had been canceled because the gift cards were not valid. These are the gift cards the system automatically applied to the order.
So they stealth canceled my order but didn't return the payment. I informed them that it was fine and just return my monies. Ya know, those are my monies. I had to like build elevators to earn those monies and stuffs.

Today I filed a claim with paypal and I assume I will win it, so in the end everything will be fine, but why didn't they just tell me they canceled the order and refund my money? I would have moved on and probably spent another $5k there over the next year.

I just don't do business with people I cannot trust. It doesn't matter if its a simple finanical transaction or hanging over a 60 story hoistway and not trusting the person that tacked the safety line.
Hello,

I am very sorry to see this and I would be happy to look into this for you. Can you please private message me your order information?

Thank you!
Hailey

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
And they have some stuff that's actually innovative like the Mastertop fullview windows. It's just a shame when you go to buy a three piece set and they charge you for it, then ship you just the sides and put the rear in indefinite backorder.
Hello,

I am very sorry about that, I would love to help you out further, and look into this. Can you please private message me your order information?

Thank you,
Savanna

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Hello,

I am very sorry about that, I would love to help you out further, and look into this. Can you please private message me your order information?

Thank you,
Savanna
Hey Savanna, if you check your accounts PMs, I've spoken to Hailey about this. Actually meant to follow up, as the backordered rear windows were supposed to be delivered to you guys this week, with mine shipping out to me shortly after.

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Hey Savanna, if you check your accounts PMs, I've spoken to Hailey about this. Actually meant to follow up, as the backordered rear windows were supposed to be delivered to you guys this week, with mine shipping out to me shortly after.
Hello,

I'm sorry about that. I will check on that now!

Thank you!
Savanna

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Quadratec lost my business as well. I ordered everything from axles to lights over the past decade or so. Lost track at $36,000 when I reviewed my invoices. The made me chase a return situation just like yours without any kind of apology once they found out they were in error. Took over a month of calls and emails to get resolved. Did not give a crap that we were arguing over $225 and they had a history of my purchases to see I was a long time customer.

For my recent JL build and my daughters XJ build we switched over to Northridge. We are at $22,500 in total since 5/2021 spent with Northridge and zero issues. They communicate very well and have a forum discount. If they make a mistake or a part is delivered damaged, they always quickly send out the replacement to me prior to waiting for the refund/return item to get back to them.
Sponsored