Quadratec lost my business

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Poor timing on their part too because my bonus just hit the bank on Thursday, so I'm on a spending spree.

The reason quadratec lost my business:
Summary: They refuse to return my money for an order they canceled.
The boring details:
On Apr 14 I placed an online order for an item totaling about $250. It automatically applied a gift card which dropped the final cost to ~$200.
I received an email confirming my order. Then nothing. The item is listed as in stock, but nothing.
On Sunday the 24th I sent an email to their customer service including the email they sent to me and inquired as to the status of the order. That email, BTW, has never been responded too.
On tuesday, I called (waited 45min to get an agent). The agent found the order and told me they would look into it and contact me back by phone. They never called back.
On wednesday, I called (waited again about 45min for an agent). This agent knew nothing about the email or the previous phone call. They informed me that no such order existed and said they would check about it and call me back. I insisted that I send to this person the original order email and they agreed.
After sending the order email, they responded back that the order had been canceled because the gift cards were not valid. These are the gift cards the system automatically applied to the order.
So they stealth canceled my order but didn't return the payment. I informed them that it was fine and just return my monies. Ya know, those are my monies. I had to like build elevators to earn those monies and stuffs.

Today I filed a claim with paypal and I assume I will win it, so in the end everything will be fine, but why didn't they just tell me they canceled the order and refund my money? I would have moved on and probably spent another $5k there over the next year.

I just don't do business with people I cannot trust. It doesn't matter if its a simple finanical transaction or hanging over a 60 story hoistway and not trusting the person that tacked the safety line.
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Wow. That sucks. That’s unfortunate to hear about such a well known vendor with a good reputation. Unbelievable to have to wait 45 minutes to speak to someone.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Not Jeep related, but I recently moved and needed to close my water account for the old house. I waited on hold 30-45mins 4 times and each time the call just terminated without ever talking to someone. I found a alternate Spanish number and had a buddy at work call for me, crazy part is the person answered right away and we got it cancelled. I have an Nvidia GPU I need to get returned for repair, havent been able to get through. I had to do something with Social Security last year, I did get through after a number of minutes on hold but had to make an appointment for a call back 1.5 months later to take care of it. They did call back as scheduled and the person was helpful and got it all done.

The place I work for has a department that only answers 20% of their own calls, after a certain number of rings it comes to mine and there isnt anything we can do to answer their question so we basically have to take a message and walk it over to that dept. I remember a time when you could dial #611 on a cel phone and get a Verizon person on the 1st or 2nd ring, now its a robot call system that does everything to lead you away from talking to a person. Its nearly impossible to contact anyone on the phone at Amazon, they dont make the phone number easy to find.

I guess the trend here is nobody cares about the phone like they used to, its so easy for them to say you have to use their online chat bot or email... that many times they dont help either

Sponsored

OP
OP
engineXI

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
I waited on hold 30-45mins 4 times and each time the call just terminated without ever talking to someone. I found a alternate Spanish number and had a buddy at work call for me, crazy part is the person answered right away and we got it cancelled.
Probably they had like 1 or 2 Spanish speaking operators and the system would push those selected calls directly to their queue and would then be the next call they answer instead of waiting in the general queue. Its a known bypass for outdated call management systems.

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I actually had the same experience I asked to have my order canceled and after but 2 weeks they finally did. The $1900 charge is still on my account yet they say since it never shipped they didn’t charge me. Filed with PayPal for a chargeback and won’t be buying from them again.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
It looks like there is some heavy shuffling of talks about this vendor, are they a major sponsor on this forum?

Customer service is a dying or lost art and why I prefer to go in person to deal with companies. That said, customer attitudes and accountability is also on the steep decline with the instant gratification lifestyle people believe they're entitled to.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Unfortunately a lot of online businesses have gone the route of providing poor customer service. I placed two orders from two different GM parts dealers for parts for my Corvette. Many parts are being discontinued, so I am stocking up on oem parts just in case. The first one provided me a shipping tracking number and claimed the item was picked up by USPS. When I inquired about the status of the item, their exact response was "a truck comes and picks up our deliveries, contact USPS and maybe they'll get off their ass and do their job". The item never showed up, and after filing an Ebay claim, they simply refunded my money.

The 2nd order, from a different parts dealer, I ordered 4 items - seat skins for both the driver and passenger seats. All items showed in stock, and they charged my credit card. I then received an email that the passenger side seat back was discontinued, so they refunded that amount. 3 items showed up, driver's side seat bottom and seat back, and a random seat bottom, that I later found out was from a Chevy Trax SUV. I contacted them 4 times before receiving a response, and then it took 5 emails back & forth for the individual on the other end to understand that they sent me the wrong part.

That was April 1st, and I am still waiting for the correct part to show up. I've also sent 3 follow up emails to see where the part is with no response, and their phone number goes to a voicemail where, of course, nobdy returns your call.

OP
OP
engineXI

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
It looks like there is some heavy shuffling of talks about this vendor, are they a major sponsor on this forum?

Customer service is a dying or lost art and why I prefer to go in person to deal with companies. That said, customer attitudes and accountability is also on the steep decline with the instant gratification lifestyle people believe they're entitled to.
I don't know what a major or minor sponsor would be. No clue about sponsorship requirements, etc.

To your 2nd part, I agree on both accounts. There certainly is an entitlement of customers to be able to receive the best of all worlds on all accounts (BTW, I assume you were not refering to me specifically). I first noticed this back in early 2000s with Costco. People could return items that were 3 years old. Then people started calling out companies on social media and actually getting responses. I think that all fueled the fire.
Perhaps this shift has resulted in companies perfering to not hear or help their customers because it is all became just noise to them? Not sure. It probably comes down to the business leaders ability to properly scale up their company.

Sponsored

sciotola88

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Ecodiesel and 2020 JTR
Occupation
Underwriter
I've used Northridge a few times recently and have been impressed with how quickly they communicate, provide emails etc. They sell a lot of high end stuff, not a lot of the cheap China parts that quadratec can sell at times.

OP
OP
engineXI

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
I've used Northridge a few times recently and have been impressed with how quickly they communicate, provide emails etc. They sell a lot of high end stuff, not a lot of the cheap China parts that quadratec can sell at times.
good call. ill spend some $$ there instead.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I don't know what a major or minor sponsor would be. No clue about sponsorship requirements, etc.

To your 2nd part, I agree on both accounts. There certainly is an entitlement of customers to be able to receive the best of all worlds on all accounts (BTW, I assume you were not refering to me specifically). I first noticed this back in early 2000s with Costco. People could return items that were 3 years old. Then people started calling out companies on social media and actually getting responses. I think that all fueled the fire.
Perhaps this shift has resulted in companies perfering to not hear or help their customers because it is all became just noise to them? Not sure.
No, not talking about your case, speaking towards general trend I am seeing on this forum and in person. The most recent example I see here is people going to the jamboree event and ordering last minute but expecting immediate turnaround times. For real life examples just go to any Target or Walmart customer service counter and you can hear them moan.

My personal example is when dealing with the VA and school, every time I call to get the same GI bill issue fixed it's as if I am disturbing their nap time. I am still trying to fix an issue from last semester and this semester is almost over and it may take another 30 days before it is resolved lol.

When I ran a shop I told my crew to provide a response within a few minutes upon receipt, whether it was giving an estimated turnaround time or the item requested and be courteous every time. The issues aren't generational anymore, it's all over the age brackets, people are just becoming shittier.

Edit: I also recommend Northridge 4x4, they have good customer service and ship very quickly. Don't forget to use the code jlwranglerforum or jlwranglerforums for some potential savings, it doesn't work on everything though.

sardogtella

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR. 2021 JLURXR
I have had a rough time with Quadratec as well. Purchased engine skid plates for my 2021 JLU. No mention on the website that they didn't fit with etorque. I spent a couple hours on hold and never got an answer. Found the return form on thier website and sent them back on my nickle. (over 100.00) Just today I see that they finally credited my credit card. Took about a month. Worked with them for years and never had an issue. Seems like they are severely short staffed. I too will be buying from Northridge or Extreme Terrain in the future.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
good call. ill spend some $$ there instead.

Northridge is amazing. They've been stupid fast for me on everything ranging from small accessories all the way up to a UD44 axle.

I've had issues with quadratec in the least year or so and there's plenty of dissatisfied customers on here lately. They claim "ships same day if ordered in x hours" and then disappear with your order for weeks and don't respond to any method of communication.
Sponsored