Sponsored

Quadratec Customer Service Nightmare

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I hate to blast a company online but what the hell is going on at Quadratec? I've ordered several small items from Quadratec and they showed up within a reasonable amount of time. Then I ordered a bumper that said it was in stock and would ship same day. It's been two and a half weeks and I have a FedEx tracking number. When I check the tracking the only update is that a label was created. I called a week ago to check on it and someone said that it had shipped and they would check the status with FedEx. They also said if the status didn't update within three days to call back and they would ship another one. Well it's been a week and every time I call I get put on hold for 30 minutes or more and can't get through. I'm on hold right now and have been for 35 minutes. What the hell? Is Quadratec still in business or did they just skip town with everyone's money? I've tried the chat feature on the site but I get no response there either.

Update: So there has been a resolution. Hailey from Quadratec responded to a DM here and let me know that the bumper I wanted was no longer in stock. She said that it seemed to have been lost in shipping. She informed me that they no longer have the bumper I wanted in stock and offered to ship something else or refund my money. I opted for a different bumper that she told me was in stock and she placed a new order and charged me $0. She refunded the difference in the price since the bumper I chose was a little less than the one I originally ordered. She also gave me a $50 gift card for the trouble. I feel that this is a reasonable solution but it should have happened much sooner. I may give Quadratec another chance when it seems like they have their software upgrade and other issues resolved.

And the nightmare continues!!! Nearly 5 months after I thought everything was resolved, out of the blue I got two emails with RMA return labels for products I never received. What the hell?! I tried calling customer service to see why I’m getting return labels and being asked to return items I never received but of course they’re closed. So I guess Monday I get to call and talk to these people again to try to make sure they don’t try to charge me for items I never received. I thought I was finished dealing with these incompetent people 5 months ago but for some reason these idiots continue to cause me stress.

Please Quadratec, just close your doors and go home. You morons should not be allowed to have a business. I’ve never dealt with such a horribly incompetent company. Whoever is running this place would be incapable of properly managing a child’s lemonade stand!

To anyone still considering Quadratec, save yourself from months of stress and just don’t. If anyone from Quadratec is paying attention please delete anything with my name on it that you may still have in your system. I don’t want emails about your sales. I don’t even want the $50 gift card I was offered. Please just delete any reference you have of me and never contact me again. I in turn promise to reciprocate in kind.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
They unfortunately seem to be doing the absolute bare minimum to be a functioning company these days. I've had similar issues with them where I've ordered something that claims to be in stock and ships same day and then it just goes into limbo for weeks with nobody answering chat, emails or calls.

This has been a pattern, it's happened to me and I've seen others complaining somewhat regularly about the same issue you and I have had. Makes me wonder if they're in financial trouble and on the way out.

OP
OP
Kryten

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They unfortunately seem to be doing the absolute bare minimum to be a functioning company these days. I've had similar issues with them where I've ordered something that claims to be in stock and ships same day and then it just goes into limbo for weeks with nobody answering chat, emails or calls.

This has been a pattern, it's happened to me and I've seen others complaining somewhat regularly about the same issue you and I have had. Makes me wonder if they're in financial trouble and on the way out.
I was willing to help them with their financial trouble because I plan to spend a ton of money building up my Jeep but my money will most likely be going elsewhere now.

OP
OP
Kryten

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got an answer after nearly an hour on hold. I was told the bumper isn't in stock and they can't send another one. They'll check with FedEx to see what happened and they'll escalate it to management to see if I can get a refund. I'm sure I'll be calling again in a week and wasting another hour when my refund doesn't show up. We'll see what happens.

Sponsored

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
I hate when a company generates a shipping label when they have no intention of actually shipping your product. In many cases they don't even have the item in stock. It doesn't fool anyone when tracking says the item never makes it to the carrier!

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
I can relate to your situation as I recently experienced for the last time a return nightmare with them. Phone calls and emails were made over countless times just to get a return on half of a shipped product. Never received the 2nd box from them. The lack of communication was atrocious and promises were made but not fulfilled. I won't make that mistake with them again and I've purchased many products from them over the past 8 years. That was my "GOTO" for Jeep products period.:angry:

OP
OP
Kryten

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What really sucks is that the bumper was on sale with them and with other vendors and now it's over $100 more so when I finally get my money back through a refund or a charge back I'll have to spend over $100 more to get the damn bumper.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Finally got an answer after nearly an hour on hold. I was told the bumper isn't in stock and they can't send another one. They'll check with FedEx to see what happened and they'll escalate it to management to see if I can get a refund. I'm sure I'll be calling again in a week and wasting another hour when my refund doesn't show up. We'll see what happens.

I just wish they'd be transparent. If they can't meet ship deadlines by WEEKS, why even have the nag on the website "Ships same day if ordered within the next 5 hours!". Just get rid of it. And if an item is not in stock, don't boast that it is. If there's somehow a breakdown in logistics/staffing to determine accurately whether an item is in stock, don't plaster the product page with "in stock, ships same day!". Tag these items with something that's "in stock pending warehouse confirmation" or something. Put a post out and say you're short staffed and explain exactly why and what customers are expected to experience during whatever time you're going through - I'm not sure covid is a valid excuse anymore when Northridge4x4 is able to get stuff to my door stupid quick. The brand has staying power, but blindsiding customers with MIA customer service and a shipping label in perpetual limbo for a listed in stock and ready to ship item is the wrong way to stay alive.

Sponsored

jimmym1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What really sucks is that the bumper was on sale with them and with other vendors and now it's over $100 more so when I finally get my money back through a refund or a charge back I'll have to spend over $100 more to get the damn bumper.
What bumper were you going with. Back in the day, Quadratec was the best in the business. Now I feel its subpar compared to other vendors. Been seeing a lot of this lately. Was thinking of getting the Quadratec QRC, but do not want to deal with nightmare customer service if anything was to happen to it.

JoshBren18

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Granite JLUR
Their customer service is non existent. I spent 2 hours on hold over the past couple weeks trying to place an order with Store credit I had from them. When I finally got someone, they spent another hour trying to figure out how to apply said store credit to my order. Unfortunately I still have Gift Cards from them to use otherwise I would be shopping elsewhere. Its sad, as others have said they were my Go-To for Jeep orders for years. I hope they can get it together

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I’m not a fan of them. I ordered some big ticket items from them and been good customer. Recently ordered something, canceled and received confirmation. With the he confirmation, I went ahead placed my correct order. Only to be charged for the original order and have it delivered with the replacement order, that was also shipped with the wrong stuff. I reached out, but it would be a lot of hassle on my end to correct this to their satisfaction... I just don’t order from them anymore.

OP
OP
Kryten

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What bumper were you going with. Back in the day, Quadratec was the best in the business. Now I feel its subpar compared to other vendors. Been seeing a lot of this lately. Was thinking of getting the Quadratec QRC, but do not want to deal with nightmare customer service if anything was to happen to it.
I ordered a Rugged Ridge Venator Stubby but I was kinda having second thoughts. The main reason I wanted that one was so the front camera could see over the overrider bar since it leans back toward the grille. I was going to order it directly from Rugged Ridge but Quadratec had a better price. Now they're both about $100 more since neither company is currently having a sale.
Sponsored