Poor Customer Service

Dave3196

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Occupation
Automotive
Has anyone been able to contact Quadratec recently? I have an order that arrived with a completely different item than what I ordered. I’ve emailed multiple times and called every number I could find. No reply from email and no one answers any of the phone lines. Are they still doing business?
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I’ve purchased several items from them recently and one item came with bolts missing. I was able to talk with customer service and they expedited a new item to me right away. Great service in my opinion. Perhaps you dialed the wrong number?

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Try calling 800.745.6037

ShafferNY

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willy's JK, 2019 Rubicon JL
I've had a similar issue with them lately.

I ordered a bumper from them. It showed up damaged, so I called them and received a message stating they were in the middle of updating their order management system, then it abruptly hung up. I tried several times and kept getting the same response.

Then i decided to email them, along with pictures of the damage. After a few days I received this:

Thank you for reaching out to us. At the moment, our network and servers are undergoing important upgrades and maintenance, and we apologize that we are unable to answer your request at this time. Our development team is working diligently to complete this work so that we can once again return to servicing your needs. Unfortunately, because of the technical nature of these upgrades, we are unable to provide a current time estimate, however, we appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Again, we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

I still don't have my issue resolved.

Aside from this isolated incident, my experience with Quadratec has always been great.

This may be a stretch, but I'm wondering if they were the victim of a ransomware attack or some other malicious threat. I can't believe that any company would conduct an upgrade that would negatively impact their business like this.

@Quadratec Ticket #G3OQM

OP
OP
Dave3196

Dave3196

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Occupation
Automotive
I've had a similar issue with them lately.

I ordered a bumper from them. It showed up damaged, so I called them and received a message stating they were in the middle of updating their order management system, then it abruptly hung up. I tried several times and kept getting the same response.

Then i decided to email them, along with pictures of the damage. After a few days I received this:

Thank you for reaching out to us. At the moment, our network and servers are undergoing important upgrades and maintenance, and we apologize that we are unable to answer your request at this time. Our development team is working diligently to complete this work so that we can once again return to servicing your needs. Unfortunately, because of the technical nature of these upgrades, we are unable to provide a current time estimate, however, we appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Again, we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience.​

I still don't have my issue resolved.

Aside from this isolated incident, my experience with Quadratec has always been great.

This may be a stretch, but I'm wondering if they were the victim of a ransomware attack or some other malicious threat. I can't believe that any company would conduct an upgrade that would negatively impact their business like this.

@Quadratec Ticket #G3OQM
Same issue as mine.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Quadratech has been my least favorite vendor to order from for off-road accessories. My last annoyance was ordering some low dollar items when compared to my normal orders. I cancelled the first order, received confirmation and reordered my items with different parts. All is good, nope. Received both orders and charged for both. Plus the second order, had wrong stuff, but with very similar part numbers... Thankfully it still worked, but was a bit cheaper of an option that they sent me.

Notified them of the error and they apologize for the inconvenience and told me to send stuff back. While I understand that, that’s time out of my day that would cost me more then the parts when I have ordered thousands from them in a short time… A little customer service would have at least refunded the first ordered that was canceled and sent out by mistake; I even sent them the the confirmation email.

I prefer @Northridge4x4 and get better pricing with much faster shipping times.

OP
OP
Dave3196

Dave3196

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Occupation
Automotive
Quadratech has been my least favorite vendor to order from for off-road accessories. My last annoyance was ordering some low dollar items when compared to my normal orders. I cancelled the first order, received confirmation and reordered my items with different parts. All is good, nope. Received both orders and charged for both. Plus the second order, had wrong stuff, but with very similar part numbers... Thankfully it still worked, but was a bit cheaper of an option that they sent me.

Notified them of the error and they apologize for the inconvenience and told me to send stuff back. While I understand that, that’s time out of my day that would cost me more then the parts when I have ordered thousands from them in a short time… A little customer service would have at least refunded the first ordered that was canceled and sent out by mistake; I even sent them the the confirmation email.

I prefer @Northridge4x4 and get better pricing with much faster shipping times.
I usually go with Quadratec since they are local to me but from here on out I’m back to Northridge.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I usually go with Quadratec since they are local to me but from here on out I’m back to Northridge.
I only use Quadratec when Northridge doesn’t have something in stock. Usually little things, but I did buy my winch from them.

bohnster

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude GCM
Occupation
Bourbon Taster
Not a stretch at all. No way an OMS upgrade or conversion should take that long and if things are going that badly, you fall back to the old system and regroup. I can tell you from firsthand experience that hack events happen way more often than you think and they can be crippling to companies that haven't made proactive plans for backup and recovery. Garmin servers were down for almost a week and they were fully backed-up. Anyway, I've always used ExtremeTerrain over Quadratec for no particular reason and they've been good.

DiscoJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 4xe
I've been having issues with Quadratec as well.
I placed an order about 3 weeks ago on the Bushwacker fender set and some LoD accessories.
The fenders were in stock and was supposed to be shipped the day after I ordered it.
Apparently they were updating their computer system and somehow missed my order completely for 3 weeks.
I've contacted them multiple times via their live chat to get the problem resolved, but I still haven't gotten any real response back from Quadratec.
This is very frustrating especially because I ordered other parts from Morris 4x4 and they shipped my order and I got them in a week after I placed an order.

Sponsored

JLUR IT

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was there at the pickup counter on Monday and they are legitimately working out of (2) different systems simultaneously. Things that stated they were there in stock were at Chambersburg, not West Chester and vice versa. It took much longer than usual and they apologized more than once.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Granted, this is an "N=1" example, but I've noticed that Quadratec is out of a lot more stuff that I want than other retailers lately. I wound up calling a couple of manufacturers directly about where to buy their products, and 2 fairly large, well-known ones told me they have either reduced Quadratec's allocations or stopped shipping to them altogether because of all the problems Quadratec is having. Northridge has been doing OK as has Amazon.

DontCallMeRubi

First Name
DR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Corvette Z06
Extreme Terrain is good and I actually bought some stuff from 4WP because they had the best price and in stock.
Sponsored