Purchasing used soft top tips/advice?

hrunci

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys Sport Unlimited
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys Sport Unlimited with a hard top. With summer coming here in New England, I am looking to purchase a soft top. What is a good price to pay for a used soft top? Also, other than Craigslist any recommendations as to where one can purchase a used soft top? Not seeing a lot in my area... Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Welcome to the forum.

The Member Marketplace is always worth a look. You can view by part type (Interior, Exterior, etc.) and each listing includes the seller's State.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
You'd probably be able to find one NIB from someone who got a JLU with the dual-top group and decided to not swap the top. They do pop up on Craigslist or FB Marketplace for ~$1500ish.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I paid $1200 for mine. Got lucky I think. Only had to drive 30 min for it. Found it on this forum.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Forget a used soft top, buy a new Bestop "Sunrider" leave the panels at home! Actually left the panels hanging in their bag all winter even got some days with Sunrider open, great! Geatest option ever for both my JK's and the JL!!!

Half hour install, hours and hours of use, perfect $700 bucks! At least look into one and make a decision! Soft tops a pain in the butt to put up and down!! LOL;)

Go Jeep!!!

Sponsored

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Forget a used soft top, buy a new Bestop "Sunrider" leave the panels at home! Actually left the panels hanging in their bag all winter even got some days with Sunrider open, great! Geatest option ever for both my JK's and the JL!!!

Half hour install, hours and hours of use, perfect $700 bucks! At least look into one and make a decision! Soft tops a pain in the butt to put up and down!! LOL;)

Go Jeep!!!
I am trying to decide on this. My opinion is that its not a replacement for ansoft top. I LOVE my soft top but think the fredom panels are a big PIA. You are talking me into that Sunrider!

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
~$600 for sailcloth (I saw a couple for 200 with clear windows on offer up), ~$1200 for twill. And learn from my mistakes :) don't buy it if its dark outside. Windows are very easy to scratch and scratches are not very obvious in the dark.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Oh, another thing I learned recently. Make sure locking tabs are green and not black, its newer and better design.
Sponsored