Purchasing a new JLU and need advice!

ajszostak

First Name
Jewel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
hey yall! I'm new on here but in desperate need of advice. I am about to purchase a 2019 JLU Sahara. I used to have a '07 2-door sport with a 3.5" lift and 35's and got rid of it because it kept developing more and more issues and I tried to fix the death wobble a few times and it kept coming back. Now that I am getting a JLU I am really nervous about getting the wrong lift/shocks or even worse not getting something that I need and just don't know about. Being a girl, I just get laughed at when I go into a dealership and don't trust their answers,.

I know that I want a 2" lift and 35" tires. I'm going to go with the mopar lift so I can get the warranty with my purchase of the car and they said that they will lift it at the dealership if I do that. I have read a lot of good things about the Mastercraft Courser MXT's and theyre pretty light weight so I think I'm going with those. I think I'm also going with the fox 2.0 shocks. I had purchased my 07 with the lift and tires already installed and haven't had to go through this process before. What else should I be looking into/purchasing? I feel like there's a lot more to this
Sponsored

Hiiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU4xe,
I spec’d out a 2020 Altitude with a sky touch roof. Safety package, cold weather package, Premium sound. And led package, trailer package, trail package. The Altitude was upgraded anyway. I want to look like a girl Jeep so I didn’t do anything extra. I am mad because the grab bar handle does not have the Jeep logo and the bezels inside the vehicle showed online as black and it came chrome. I sold a 2015 X Sahara that mimicked the polar edition. It sold in two weeks. I never had an issue with the 2015. This is my last major purchase. Will not buy another new Jeep.

OP
OP

ajszostak

First Name
Jewel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spec’d out a 2020 Altitude with a sky touch roof. Safety package, cold weather package, Premium sound. And led package, trailer package, trail package. The Altitude was upgraded anyway. I want to look like a girl Jeep so I didn’t do anything extra. I am mad because the grab bar handle does not have the Jeep logo and the bezels inside the vehicle showed online as black and it came chrome. I sold a 2015 X Sahara that mimicked the polar edition. It sold in two weeks. I never had an issue with the 2015. This is my last major purchase. Will not buy another new Jeep.

I decided to not get too many packages and fancy nicknaks because I am planning on replacing the bumpers, fenders, adding a light bar, and replacing the tail lights with some smoked tail lights and a few other things. I am more concerned about the actual lift kit itself and if I need to look into sway bars and things like that.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Being a girl, I just get laughed at when I go into a dealership and don't trust their answers
:giggle:

Are you getting laughed at because you’re a girl, because you’re going into a dealership or because you’re a girl going into a dealership?

None of those are funny by themselves but when you mention it, well damn that is kind of funny.

FWIW the mopar lift kit is for the most part complete. Some people add a beefier steering stabilizer, some add an adjustable front trackbar and then others add more. Then again, some people add nothing and are perfectly happy with their ride. So it really depends on how much you enjoy the ride after it’s lifted.

OP
OP

ajszostak

First Name
Jewel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Are you getting laughed at because you’re a girl, because you’re going into a dealership or because you’re a girl going into a dealership?

None of those are funny by themselves but when you mention it, well damn that is kind of funny.

FWIW the mopar lift kit is for the most part complete. Some people add a beefier steering stabilizer, some add an adjustable front trackbar and then others add more. Then again, some people add nothing and are perfectly happy with their ride. So it really depends on how much you enjoy the ride after it’s lifted.
HAHA laughed at because I'm a girl walking into a dealership... BUT THANK YOU!! that is exactly what I was wondering.

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I'm going to go with the mopar lift so I can get the warranty with my purchase of the car and they said that they will lift it at the dealership if I do that.
Make sure the warranty isn't limited to that dealership and that particular management of the dealership.

Call another dealership (under a different ownership) and ask if they would honor the warranty if it's a problem caused by the aftermarket Mopar part to be sure.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum!

Before you spend an arm and a leg buying suspension parts, first make sure that your dealer is going to honor the warranty after you modify it.

It is a crapshoot whether they will or won’t. And dealers are getting more strict every year.

Good luck.

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I would go 3.5 if you want to rock crawl with 35s on JLU. Also gusset and truss the axles and c joints which will definitely void the warranty. Metal cloak full control arm, link, trackbar set will work and fox 2.0 is nice but if you have the money, get some tuned kings for 3.5 inches. If ur rock crawling, highly recommend an aftermarket driveshaft and thats me always being overkill on my build.

oh lastly - no need to regear for 35s. The difference is only 0.32 to get back to factory ratio.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Most people i know are happy with the Mopar lift kit. The two biggest things to add that the Mopar 2" kit doesnt have that i read is the adjustable track bar and a good steering stabilizer. So long as you have the dealer install the Mopar kit all dealers have to cover the warrently as Mopar states it is Their aftermarket part and they will cover it. My dealer out in California so far has given me zero grief about all my mods i have added myself but thats a different story.. _Post pics before and after!
Sponsored