Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
I really hate to post this because it feels like such a noob question, but here goes:
Does anyone have tips or tricks to completely removing/re-installing the soft top solo? Removal is somewhat doable, but I haven't found a way to maneuver the top back into position without feeling like I'm wrestling a cross between an octopus and an accordion.
To be clear, I'm talking about taking it clean off the Jeep - removing the two bolts on each side and taking the sucker in the house. Unless there is some deep wisdom imparted here, I will try using some bungees next time to immobilize it as much as possible before getting it back in position.
thanks...
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I really hate to post this because it feels like such a noob question, but here goes:
Does anyone have tips or tricks to completely removing/re-installing the soft top solo? Removal is somewhat doable, but I haven't found a way to maneuver the top back into position without feeling like I'm wrestling a cross between an octopus and an accordion.
To be clear, I'm talking about taking it clean off the Jeep - removing the two bolts on each side and taking the sucker in the house. Unless there is some deep wisdom imparted here, I will try using some bungees next time to immobilize it as much as possible before getting it back in position.
thanks...
Running out to the Skyway Bridge , is a great spot for bait ! Can't help with the top !

OP
OP
Buckster

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Running out to the Skyway Bridge , is a great spot for bait ! Can't help with the top !
Dude! You down here fishing???

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Some tips:

-Use the original packing boot to wrap it up while it's still on the Jeep, that keeps it all contained. No idea if it's possible to buy these, I kept the one mine came in (had dual top so soft top came all packaged up). If not Bungee etc is probably a good idea.

-Put a folding table at the end of the Jeep, get the soft top on the table, oriented the way it's going to go, and then it's a smaller lift from there onto the Jeep. What I actually do is carry it with my back to the Jeep, and back up holding it and sit down in the cargo area and muscle it into place that way. Of course, I'm a large dude, so I can muscle things around maybe a little easier than other people.

Hope that helps.
Sponsored