Project Aftermarket LED Brackets

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
I have deleted the files that had the brackets on them. Why, oh why did you do that? Because the CNC Waterjet guy said that we're making these. So.

1 week from today I'll have 3 sets. I'm going to test them out, make tweaks, and then, we're selling brackets.
Do you want them spray painted black, fully assembled with the mounting rings and installation hardware, and ready to install?
Do you want just bare metal waiting for paint and your hardware?
Do you want the anti-flicker wiring harness?
Do you want a complete plug and play system?
And how much do you think you should pay for the level of completion?

We have a week before these will be on my desk, so let me hear what you want and we'll go from there.

Thanks.
Abe
I think you should sell them separately. Package one, brackets for installation, first and foremost is the most important as people can easily deal with the wiring, painting etc.
package 2 wiring included
Sponsored

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
What price point are you thinking for the brackets ( not including the Harley adaptors )

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
We need the opposite of this;

Screenshot_2018-08-19-05-30-48.png

Also I’m pretty sure the connectors I’m back of the halogen headlights come off, this way there is no need to worry about wiring at all. I have not been able to remove it from the headlight though

OP
OP
americonium

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Also I’m pretty sure the connectors I’m back of the halogen headlights come off, this way there is no need to worry about wiring at all. I have not been able to remove it from the headlight though
I do believe you're correct. That changes everything.

JEEPLIGHT.jpg

OP
OP
americonium

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
What price point are you thinking for the brackets ( not including the Harley adaptors )
I still don't know how much these brackets are going to cost me. Once I find that out, I'll pass it along.

Sponsored

Adrienne 1215

First Name
Adrienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Looking forward to these brackets. I'll buy some, would be awesome to find plug and play setup so I don't have to take apart my halogens or cut my wiring.

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
americonium

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
I do believe you're correct. That changes everything.

JEEPLIGHT.jpg
It does detach. To the inside of the lamp. Plug and play impossible. I will have three brackets for sale some time next week .

Sponsored

mischman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I have deleted the files that had the brackets on them. Why, oh why did you do that? Because the CNC Waterjet guy said that we're making these. So.

1 week from today I'll have 3 sets. I'm going to test them out, make tweaks, and then, we're selling brackets.
Do you want them spray painted black, fully assembled with the mounting rings and installation hardware, and ready to install?
Do you want just bare metal waiting for paint and your hardware?
Do you want the anti-flicker wiring harness?
Do you want a complete plug and play system?
And how much do you think you should pay for the level of completion?

We have a week before these will be on my desk, so let me hear what you want and we'll go from there.

Thanks.
Abe
Ill take a set and be a guinea pig. Im done retrofits before, baked open headlights, installed HID kits, i know how to use a dremel and dont mind investing some time into getting these to work.

The one thing that does look to be troublesome is the harness you mentioned. The Jeep has that weird connector on the stock harness and doesnt turn to an H13 connector until the back of the halogen projector. Obv any HIDs or LEDs(depending on what aftermarket set we buy) will have an H13 harness. When we replace the whole headlight it seems like that stock harness/pigtail that converts the weird Jeep plug into an H13 will go away with the OEM headlight. How are we going to plug out new aftermarket harness in? Any input?

OP
OP
americonium

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Hardwire the plug .that's going to be the only option at this point.

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
I couldn’t wait any longer so I made mine. I’m going to use a L bracket to secure the bottom of the bracket to the car as well as the top left bolt you have used on the driver side. Im going to come up with a custom bracket to bolt on to the existing top right mouthing bolt on the driver side should I need a more rigid platform. This is smipler solution, but less elegant than what you have done but I think it will get the job done. I’m not sure how you have secured the Harley bracket on your bracket since there is a .75 inch or so gap created as the result of the bracket adjustment springs

188F5AD7-5311-4CC3-891A-FBC8C9FE8B7A.jpeg

B167F49D-5EDB-4D58-93E2-E2F5C86A0903.jpeg

OP
OP
americonium

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
I cut notches out for the adjustment spring flange.

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
The headlight connectors are removable from the back of the headlight but you need two people to release the latch from outside and one to turn it . My project is done. You rock Americonium

897E2CEE-D7AE-481F-A6AA-BB2B890188F6.jpeg

7CD74C97-602F-46F0-88F3-8DC5C8216D44.jpeg

A29FBDD1-6501-46DD-AC27-64DF3BD6A715.jpeg

2D3E1658-6E7D-4B3A-93D5-EDB7EC3069F2.jpeg
Sponsored