Sponsored

Problems with 2021's?

Pharmguy75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 21 Audi Q7
I picked mine up 9/18 -
Overall a very pleasant buying experience.
Issued noticed:
  • Driver side door handle was flaking off that silver coating. This has been replaced by another dealer.
  • Paint over spray on the carpet. This wasn't horrible but did fix myself
  • Rear tailgate doesn't shut well and has to be slammed pretty hard to close completely. Service tech agreed with me but also stated, "Rear door has a water threshold of 35in and requires extra pressure to close properly. Tested against other new Rubicons in stock and they all are about the same tolerance for close pressure." I question this as my buddies 2020 with a 35 shuts super smooth.
  • Jeep toolkit was not included. Dealer said they would send me one. Still haven't received this (going on 2 weeks) and not sure how long this should take.
Anyone else have any issues with their 2021? Anyone have issues with their tailgate?
Thanks!

2021.jpg
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
That's weird. I'd actually go test another vehicle on the lot and see if they have the same issues and demand they be rectified. My '19 tailgate shuts pretty smooth. I mean all Wranglers tailgates do need some force to close IMO, but shouldn't be crazy. I did have one minor little thick spot of paint but it was literally the size of a BB, so not a big deal.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
I picked mine up 9/18 -
Overall a very pleasant buying experience.
Issued noticed:
  • Driver side door handle was flaking off that silver coating. This has been replaced by another dealer.
  • Paint over spray on the carpet. This wasn't horrible but did fix myself
  • Rear tailgate doesn't shut well and has to be slammed pretty hard to close completely. Service tech agreed with me but also stated, "Rear door has a water threshold of 35in and requires extra pressure to close properly. Tested against other new Rubicons in stock and they all are about the same tolerance for close pressure." I question this as my buddies 2020 with a 35 shuts super smooth.
  • Jeep toolkit was not included. Dealer said they would send me one. Still haven't received this (going on 2 weeks) and not sure how long this should take.
Anyone else have any issues with their 2021? Anyone have issues with their tailgate?
Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Problems with 2021's? 2021
Not to be confrontational, but are you sure the over spray o9n the carpet wasn't just spray wax from the dealer? i don't believe the factory would be painting anything once the interior is in.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Not to be confrontational, but are you sure the over spray o9n the carpet wasn't just spray wax from the dealer? i don't believe the factory would be painting anything once the interior is in.
The plant does repairs, including paint repairs when needed. Also, sometimes vehicles are damaged in transit and need to be repaired.

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR; '17 F-250 FX4 Platinum; '15 Tesla S 85D; '15 Volvo XC60 T6; '16 Ducati Monster 1200R; '09 Vans RV-6
Occupation
Navy "Mustang" (ret); Engineering Manager, Space/Maritime Programs
With our '21 JLUR delivered 9/23, it's no different than our '18 JLR, but the Apple CarPlay is temperamental and sometimes just drops offline. After trying numerous efforts to plug and unplug the cord, turning off the Jeep and opening the door, turning off the radio, etc...it mysteriously reconnects.

None of the other issues that you mentioned, but our tailgate does take a little extra heavy hand in closing, but not really a slamming effort.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pharmguy75

Pharmguy75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 21 Audi Q7
Well it didn't rub off at all. Wouldn't spray wax rub off?

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
My '19 tailgate shuts pretty smooth. I mean all Wranglers tailgates do need some force to close IMO, but shouldn't be crazy.
Mines '19 and the tailgate closes with very light force. This was the experience with my JK and other jeeps I've tried too.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Mines '19 and the tailgate closes with very light force. This was the experience with my JK and other jeeps I've tried too.
Same here. Mine practically closes itself.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
I consider myself fortunate and have not noticed any major issues so far. Toolkit, wiring bag for aux switches, and freedom panel bag were all included. I even got the big user guide that others say had to be requested separately. Even my steering feels fine. My tailgate does require a bit more force than the doors, but not an excessive amount. I figured with the large spare hanging off, it would require a little more force to close. I have not looked yet, but perhaps there is an adjustable latch on it like most car trunks have?
Sponsored