Need Help Pricing out 2021 Sport S

SuperDan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2005 Acrua RSX Type S
Long story short I'm having Twins and need to upgrade my wife's 2006 TJ to a 4 door. This will be my first Jeep as she had hers before we got together. I took a test drive in the 2021 and was very impressed. Not to mention all the cool stuff you can add to them.

I've been looking through the forum for the past week and have found lots of good information. I used the 2021 JLU (4-DOOR) ORDER GUIDE on here but want to make sure I accurately put together the price.

$31,412 JL Base
$1350 8-SPD AUTO 850RE TRANS
$NC 2.0L I4 DOHC DI TURBO ENGINE W/ ESS
$2880 Sport S
$1495 Destination Charge

$1,346 BLACK 3-PIECE HARD TOP
$626 COLD WEATHER GROUP
$896 TECHNOLOGY GROUP Required
$716 TRAILER TOW AND HD ELECTRICAL GROUP
$586 MOPAR CHROME TUBE STEPS
$220 BLACK CLEAR COAT

$41,527 Invoice Price

2nd question, is it worth upgrading the Engine to the v6 for $1350 more? I tried to compare the two and didn't really see much of a difference. Also are there any must-have features that would be worth adding at the dealer vs getting them done aftermarket or at all.
Sponsored

Hotchyy

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
Occupation
Parks & Rec
Long story short I'm having Twins and need to upgrade my wife's 2006 TJ to a 4 door. This will be my first Jeep as she had hers before we got together. I took a test drive in the 2021 and was very impressed. Not to mention all the cool stuff you can add to them.

I've been looking through the forum for the past week and have found lots of good information. I used the 2021 JLU (4-DOOR) ORDER GUIDE on here but want to make sure I accurately put together the price.

$31,412 JL Base
$1350 8-SPD AUTO 850RE TRANS
$NC 2.0L I4 DOHC DI TURBO ENGINE W/ ESS
$2880 Sport S
$1495 Destination Charge

$1,346 BLACK 3-PIECE HARD TOP
$626 COLD WEATHER GROUP
$896 TECHNOLOGY GROUP Required
$716 TRAILER TOW AND HD ELECTRICAL GROUP
$586 MOPAR CHROME TUBE STEPS
$220 BLACK CLEAR COAT

$41,527 Invoice Price

2nd question, is it worth upgrading the Engine to the v6 for $1350 more? I tried to compare the two and didn't really see much of a difference. Also are there any must-have features that would be worth adding at the dealer vs getting them done aftermarket or at all.
That seems like a lot for those steps to me, might be better to get an aftermarket set for cheaper.

PHX2IAD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
If you drive at night I'd recommend the LED light package as well.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Second that. These are high quality LEDs as well. Not comparable to what you would have standard on a new Corolla. Well worth the costs in my opinion. Might not be worth it to you, but I wish I had opted for the Sele-trac/full time 4WD.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
As for Pentastar V6, I test drove both of them and I preferred the V6 but I think the choice is more personal preference. I thought they both accelerated the same, the 2.0T ESS was a little more responsive and rated at better fuel economy, the 3.6 etorque was smoother when starting/stopping, engine was quieter and sounded better. Some like the like the simplicity of the V6 vs Turbo 4, and some prefer the simplicity of not having the etorque.

I was ordering a Jeep so I thought it was worth the money, but if the dealer had a 2.0T on the lot (or nearby in the area) with the color and options I wanted, I would have bought that.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SuperDan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That seems like a lot for those steps to me, might be better to get an aftermarket set for cheaper.
Yeah that's true, but in the case of my wife and upcoming babies I'd rather it just be done when I got the jeep and they can move easily in and out

OP
OP

SuperDan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a lot of night driving, but then again could help for road trips.

Second that. These are high quality LEDs as well. Not comparable to what you would have standard on a new Corolla. Well worth the costs in my opinion. Might not be worth it to you, but I wish I had opted for the Sele-trac/full time 4WD.
What are the benefits for Sele-trac/full time 4WD. I live in IN so not ton of mountains if that's what is mainly used for. I know in the snow it will help.

As for Pentastar V6, I test drove both of them and I preferred the V6 but I think the choice is more personal preference. I thought they both accelerated the same, the 2.0T ESS was a little more responsive and rated at better fuel economy, the 3.6 etorque was smoother when starting/stopping, engine was quieter and sounded better. Some like the like the simplicity of the V6 vs Turbo 4, and some prefer the simplicity of not having the etorque.

I was ordering a Jeep so I thought it was worth the money, but if the dealer had a 2.0T on the lot (or nearby in the area) with the color and options I wanted, I would have bought that.
Thanks. I will probably opt for the 2.0T

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
i personally wouldn't consider the v6 an "upgrade"- just different. i would tell them to take those tube steps off too

OP
OP

SuperDan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone look over my numbers and see if I calculated the invoice price correctly. I'm headed to the dealership this week and want to make sure I am starting at the right price

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
What are the benefits for Sele-trac/full time 4WD. I live in IN so not ton of mountains if that's what is mainly used for. I know in the snow it will help.
When the road condition could be slippery or are changing between snow and dry pavement, you can leave it in fulltime 4WD. If you drive on dry pavement in standard 4WD, the driveline will bind around corners and the tires will hop. It will eventually find the weakest link (hopefully that is tires slipping) If you are aware of this, you can switch standard 4wd between 2wd and 4wd depending on the road conditions. The Auto 4wd allow you to leave it on for bad weather days and/or doesn't cause any issues in case you forget or you have a driver that is unaware or forgetful.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Can anyone look over my numbers and see if I calculated the invoice price correctly. I'm headed to the dealership this week and want to make sure I am starting at the right price
I think the total number seem bout right, I think you have the technology and cold weather group invoice prices switched.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
When the road condition could be slippery or are changing between snow and dry pavement, you can leave it in fulltime 4WD. If you drive on dry pavement in standard 4WD, the driveline will bind around corners and the tires will hop. It will eventually find the weakest link (hopefully that is tires slipping) If you are aware of this, you can switch standard 4wd between 2wd and 4wd depending on the road conditions. The Auto 4wd allow you to leave it on for bad weather days and/or doesn't cause any issues in case you forget or you have a driver that is unaware or forgetful.
Thanks for answering that :) precisely! Honestly I don’t mind switching between the two I personally think it’s kind of fun but it would be easier for my wife. Plus going up the mountain roads here at Mammoth and big bear it would be nice to just leave it in full-time four-wheel-drive.

OP
OP

SuperDan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that explanation. I'm assuming this decreases your MPG. For about $600 might be worth adding

OP
OP

SuperDan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the total number seem bout right, I think you have the technology and cold weather group invoice prices switched.
Thanks. So it looks like most are getting 5%-7% below invoice. This info has been very helpful and will hopefully make negotiations quicker

OP
OP

SuperDan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like after speaking to several dealers and on Jeeps website, there is nothing local with the build I'm looking for. Also, I decided to go with the Altitude Sport. Here is what I received from the dealer, I think they are just giving me Affiliate discount. Should I keep shopping for lower discount? I have seen people mention Tread Lightly, am I able to combine this for an additional 1% off
Jeep Wrangler JL Need Help Pricing out 2021 Sport S Xnip2021-02-25_17-52-16
Sponsored