Sponsored

PricesšŸ˜³

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
So, Iā€™m at the stealership yesterday fr an oil change/tire rotation and Iā€™m wondering around a very thinly stocked lot. Well, thereā€™s a Compassā€” $37,900šŸ˜³. Oh and over here is a Wagoneer for a paltry $110kšŸ˜³šŸ˜³. The world has lost itā€™s collective mind. I bought a darn nice house for less than the Compass costs, and I built a beautiful one for less than the Wagoneer. I feel like weā€™re playing with Monopoly money (and we kind of are since it now has zero intrinsic worth). Never ever thought Iā€™d see this stuff šŸ˜
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Itā€™s because youā€™ve clearly lived for a very long time. Wait until you find out that the kids these days are paying $20 to see the moving talking pictures abd $8 for a cup of joe now!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
So, Iā€™m at the stealership yesterday fr an oil change/tire rotation and Iā€™m wondering around a very thinly stocked lot. Well, thereā€™s a Compassā€” $37,900šŸ˜³. Oh and over here is a Wagoneer for a paltry $110kšŸ˜³šŸ˜³. The world has lost itā€™s collective mind. I bought a darn nice house for less than the Compass costs, and I built a beautiful one for less than the Wagoneer. I feel like weā€™re playing with Monopoly money (and we kind of are since it now has zero intrinsic worth). Never ever thought Iā€™d see this stuff šŸ˜
$37,900 today might just get you a little bit of land with a collapsed building on it. $110K might get you a condemned house that hasn't collapsed yet.

Oh and I'm paying over $3 a foot for 2" PVC conduit now but in 2019 it was around $.80. Today's market just sucks....

OP
OP

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Itā€™s because youā€™ve clearly lived for a very long time. Wait until you find out that the kids these days are paying $20 to see the moving talking pictures abd $8 for a cup of joe now!
You got that right. ā€˜Course theyā€™re making 16 an hour at Mickey Deeā€™s but sheesh. Methinks itā€™s time we move the decimal place over a notch or two and start overšŸ˜

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Price growth since March 2020 is beginning to surprise even me.

It started with Carvana offering me $5K more than I paid for my JLU Sport. No surprise there; there's any number of forum posts where fellow owners fielded similar offers.

No, what's intriguing, to put it politely, is the strength of the trend.

A work colleague's neighbor recently listed his house for $429K. Three days later it was under contract...for $550K. That's the power of low inventory.

Mrs. H periodically sends me comps of the recently sold houses in our neighborhood. Simple extrapolation makes plain that we'd really make bank if listing our house now. What she is less willing to concede is how all of that and more would be needed to purchase another house...and that's if we were even able to find one that meets our requirements and have our offer accepted. No, it's better to just hunker down for now.

And as for the current valuations of those things that we might park in a safe, and not a garage? Fuhgeddaboudit. ;)

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, amazed when we see what houses in our neighborhood are selling for. But as others said, where do you move to?

I'd rather wait it out, and sell when I can no longer maintain and care for the house and use the money in my retirement.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
You got that right. ā€˜Course theyā€™re making 16 an hour at Mickey Deeā€™s but sheesh. Methinks itā€™s time we move the decimal place over a notch or two and start overšŸ˜
So the guy flipping burgers is pulling you down?

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
So the guy flipping burgers is pulling you down?
Wellā€¦ if you donā€™t agree, that doesnā€™t take away from the truthā€¦ If it costs more to run a business, the cost will NEVER come out of the corporations pocketā€¦ itā€™s going to come out of yoursā€¦ So yes, the burger flipper is contributing and his $$$ is still worth the $8 per hour equivalent. See how that works?

OP
OP

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Iā€™m so old I remember taking a $20, filling the car, taking a girlfriend to a movie, then going out for burgers, fries and a shake and still having MONEY left over. THAT was a LONG time agoā€¦.
Sponsored