Crazy option prices

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Easy to add after, with just a couple of mouse clicks you won't have to wish anymore. You can have the dealer add the sales code or if you have a Tazer you can add it yourself.
Removing door panels, Removing the tailgate panel, changing out all the door handles, wiring, and getting the ecu flashed. A little more involved than a few mouse clicks. Add in the $200 in parts and the $150 the dealer will charge for the flash and I'd say $650 for the factory option is a deal?
Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I can tell you that the proximity locks are worth every penny.

I have the SOT top and it is a great option to have for those of us that live in climates where the temps are often less than desireable. I open and close it all the time in Texas. Right now, it is hitting 100 in the afternoon but early morning temps are mid 70's. I would not ever take my hardtop off in the Summer months around here but I have SOT open every morning.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Removing door panels, Removing the tailgate panel, changing out all the door handles, wiring, and getting the ecu flashed. A little more involved than a few mouse clicks. Add in the $200 in parts and the $150 the dealer will charge for the flash and I'd say $650 for the factory option is a deal?
I just did it last weekend and it took all of 2 hours, didn't even have to go to the dealer.

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I can tell you that the proximity locks are worth every penny.

I have the SOT top and it is a great option to have for those of us that live in climates where the temps are often less than desireable. I open and close it all the time in Texas. Right now, it is hitting 100 in the afternoon but early morning temps are mid 70's. I would not ever take my hardtop off in the Summer months around here but I have SOT open every morning.
Lol I'm down the way from you in Irving and I went soft-top only. It's how my TJ was and I have a tiny garage that isn't on my list of remodel plans to enlarge, so storing a hard top wasn't an option.

I remove my soft top every Friday and put it back on every Sunday. But my wife did get some sunburn this weekend so...

I'm not sure if I've fallen for the shill, but I'm definitely looking at a mytop at this point lol.

On topic, the proximity locks are amazing. For my daily commute, I don't even have to have my keys in my pocket anymore. I throw them in my backpack alongside my wallet so all I have in my pocket is my phone, and that comfort and convenience is worth the price.

I started listing all the things you might be doing or carrying to your jeep that make the convenience worth it, but realized it's a weird and long list. They are consistently great, and if you ever swap back from it, that's when you truly start to miss it.

My 2021 is much more responsive than my mom's 2018 cherokee too, which was slightly too slow. On that one, I would notice I would consistently reach for the handle and pull it open a few moments before the proximity unlock would trigger, which meant a weird kind of double pull to open scenario. The 2021 has that issue sometimes, but much less frequently.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Proximity locks is one of those features you miss dearly the moment you don't have it any more.

I agree, though, it makes no sense to make it a stand alone option. I know people who missed checking that box and didn't find out until after they took delivery of their Jeep.

FCA should bundle it with Remote Start, into the Convenience Group or the Cold Weather Group and be done. As it sits, FCA is simply trying to extract every last penny out of our pockets that it can get its fingers on.

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I know people who missed clicking on that box and didn't find out until after they took delivery of their Jeep.
That would be me. For some reason, I accidentally passed right over it. Luckily however, it wasn't that bad adding it after the fact, with the help of the DIY thread that has been posted to this thread a couple of times.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
I don't care what it costs. Proximity locks are the only thing I want that I don't have. My Dad's 2014 Cherokee has them, and I love them.

G.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
LED lighting should be standard and part of MSRP at the current MSRP. Crazy to think $50K and still need to option in LEDS.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
LED lighting should be standard and part of MSRP at the current MSRP. Crazy to think $50K and still need to option in LEDS.
I completely agree with this. Maybe some have a preference the other way, but it seems as though MOST everything else is LED standard.
Sponsored