Clif

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
fczabala said:

"if dealer chose price protection (only available for sold orders) they are also not obligated to pay
the increase either or else they would definitely be passing down the cost to customers (I think) lol "

How can I tell whether the dealer got "price protection" on my order?
Sponsored

Morrepe

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 dr Sarge Green Willys, Soft Top 3.6L MT
fczabala said:

"if dealer chose price protection (only available for sold orders) they are also not obligated to pay
the increase either or else they would definitely be passing down the cost to customers (I think) lol "

You should ask them. I asked Koons in my last email about status and they confirmed I was price protected, increase to the MSRP notwithstanding.

fczabala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; X5
Clubs

fczabala said:

price protection is an option the dealer has to opt in for when placing the order

ok someone correct me if I'm wrong...
so on the final invoice (available to dealer once the vehicle is shipped or delivered I believe) there is a section where it shows the customer for whom the order was placed and it also states the sold order price protection applies only to a sale to this customer which is the price at time of order.... now were they to try to sell to someone else then I assume they would have to pay the new price...
so basically as long as they're selling it to that customer (assuming it's you) they shouldn't have to pay for the new price at time of delivery

you can always just ask if the price quoted when the order was placed is "price protected" or ask to see final invoice when finalizing the deal to verify whatever % under that which you agreed to pay

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
The window sticker shows the price when it was generated and not necessarily what you ordered it for. The original price is almost always honored.
Precisely so that is what the dealer would be charged. However most upstanding dealers will still honor the agreed price even if it changes.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
ok someone correct me if I'm wrong...
so on the final invoice (available to dealer once the vehicle is shipped or delivered I believe) there is a section where it shows the customer for whom the order was placed and it also states the sold order price protection applies only to a sale to this customer which is the price at time of order.... now were they to try to sell to someone else then I assume they would have to pay the new price...
so basically as long as they're selling it to that customer (assuming it's you) they shouldn't have to pay for the new price at time of delivery

you can always just ask if the price quoted when the order was placed is "price protected" or ask to see final invoice when finalizing the deal to verify whatever % under that which you agreed to pay
This ^^^, and the dealer only has to select a box to trigger the sold order price Protecton at the time of delivery (doesnt have to be at time of order)

Sponsored

itsbeenfunmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR Firecracker Red
Occupation
Govt Contractor
Hey folks. This is my first time taking delivery of a special order Jeep.

Is the PP price the affiliate program price, minus the 1%?

Also is the “current” column price for the current price increased price and the “w/sop” the sold order price which would be the price I was shown on the POC before the price increased?
Jeep Wrangler JL Price increase 9/28 A1B2A60A-CE5A-4158-BA5D-5D8B1F10816A

Jeep Wrangler JL Price increase 9/28 53E437B8-F1B8-4C90-A612-43CAF8906E1D

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Hey folks. This is my first time taking delivery of a special order Jeep.

Is the PP price the affiliate program price, minus the 1%?

Also is the “current” column price for the current price increased price and the “w/sop” the sold order price which would be the price I was shown on the POC before the price increased?

The FWP column on the 2nd image is invoice price, $64,424 less 1% would be $63,780. On the 1st image, FWP is $66,647 less 1% would be $65,981. Not really sure how those numbers are supposed to match up with EP, PP, DR pricing. Possibly other hidden fees, but imo if you're price protected with a deposit, you should owe the $63,780 plus tax, title, license and document fees.

Really not sure why some dealers have such a hard time saying "here's the unit price you'll be paying, and now here's the total out-the-door price that you owe at delivery". Price protected shouldn't mean "well it's almost the same, but now there's a few extra hidden charges".

itsbeenfunmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR Firecracker Red
Occupation
Govt Contractor
The FWP column on the 2nd image is invoice price, $64,424 less 1% would be $63,780. On the 1st image, FWP is $66,647 less 1% would be $65,981. Not really sure how those numbers are supposed to match up with EP, PP, DR pricing. Possibly other hidden fees, but imo if you're price protected with a deposit, you should owe the $63,780 plus tax, title, license and document fees.

Really not sure why some dealers have such a hard time saying "here's the unit price you'll be paying, and now here's the total out-the-door price that you owe at delivery". Price protected shouldn't mean "well it's almost the same, but now there's a few extra hidden charges".
Thanks for the clarification. Yea, I don’t know why they try to make it cryptic. Like at some point you’ll have to explain it line by line before the customer puts ink on paper.

Reactions: AFD

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Because dealers have one goal and one goal alone: increase their profit, and so they will gladly take any possible opportunity to provide friction or obfuscation of numbers that works in their favor.

Reactions: AFD

Sponsored

Clif

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
My dealer - who apparently doesn't do a lot of customer orders or affiliate deals - initially told me that I would have to eat the price increase. I wrote back, asking them (with fingers crossed) to confirm that the order had price protection. Happily, that text did show up on the invoice. I think the sales team was surprised to discover that "price protection" was actually a thing, and even more surprised to find that this had in fact been done.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
fwiw... my dealer honored the POC price I had in July when I picked up my Jeep this past Friday. A little over $2600 higher now than it was then. They also honored the trade-in value they quoted me then even though I put additional miles on it as my daily driver.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
You guys think prices will increase in January of next year? Or when the next price hike might be?
Wrangler pricing is constantly in flux. That is to say, price increases can occur at any time. My own JLU went up in price between the order entry date, and the day it arrived at the dealer 8 weeks later. The original price quote was honored.

A 2023 JLU Sport that is configured identically to my 2021 is ~$3.4K more expensive.

I've been assisting a family member with her planned purchase of a 2023 JLU. Every few months, I've had to let her know that her preferred build has gone up by $X...again.

Something to be aware of.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
You guys think prices will increase in January of next year? Or when the next price hike might be?
Both of mine went up the the 15 weeks it took to get them from order to pickup, one from June-October, the other December-April, both through Gupton, both price protected.
Sponsored