Sponsored

Price increase 9/28

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Placed an order today for the wife's 2 door JL Rubicon and noticed the prices had gone up overall about $2,000 with all the options she wanted.
Up $2,000 from the previous '23 prices? I just checked my 2-door Rubi and with my options (most everything), it went up $850. Versus only a year ago, the same config has gone up nearly $5k.

Just be sure to ask your dealer if you're price protected (and get it in writing/email), cause it's certainly possible the prices might go up again by the time hers is built and delivered.
Sponsored

Clif

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
That's how it is supposed to be. As long as the order was put in before the price increase, it doesn't matter if it is confirmed in the ordering system.
I'm not sure that's correct.

I ordered 8/30, my order was processed the same day, and build was scheduled 9/7, all long before the price increase. My Jeep was in production 9/29, built 9/30 and shipped 10/1, all AFTER the price increase.

My Munroney window sticker was issued over the weekend. It shows about a $2k increase over the price quoted when I ordered it. Will be interesting to see how this sorts out at the dealer.

As a side note, I am stunned about how quickly my order processed. My order is for a pretty-well loaded Sahara 4xe. It includes the cold weather package and both safety packages, which were rumored to delay the build process.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro

I ordered 8/30, my order was processed the same day, and build was scheduled 9/7, all long before the price increase. My Jeep was in production 9/29, built 9/30 and shipped 10/1, all AFTER the price increase.

My Munroney window sticker was issued over the weekend. It shows about a $2k increase over the price quoted when I ordered it. Will be interesting to see how this sorts out at the dealer.

As a side note, I am stunned about how quickly my order processed. My order is for a pretty-well loaded Sahara 4xe. It includes the cold weather package and both safety packages, which were rumored to delay the build process.
Yes the Monroney label will show the then current price. If a Gupton order you will not pay the higher price. With other dealers I have no idea, but assume many would raise the agreed upon price and pocket the extra money.

12psi

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

It is, and my near 5 year experience can back it up. It will show whatever MSRP the Jeep got invoiced at after it left the factory, but your sold order trumps all that. You shouldn't have to pay anymore than you agreed to.

Sponsored

CaboJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willy's
It is, and my near 5 year experience can back it up. It will show whatever MSRP the Jeep got invoiced at after it left the factory, but your sold order trumps all that. You shouldn't have to pay anymore than you agreed to.
That is good to hear Kent. (J Bybee)

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Madboogie1

First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 FJ Crusier
Can anyone explain to me why my build sheet from the dealer shows a higher price than when I build it on the Jeep website? I’ve noticed it mainly in the different packages?

23xr392

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Jeeps website is famously behind and outdated. For instance, it will still let you build and price a 2022. When searching for dealers with new inventory, on the 392 at least, it searches for 2021 model year. The list goes on and on.

23xr392

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Edit: in Jeep’s defense, the 2022 build and price is probably still up in a show of solidarity to those who haven’t received their MY2022’s yet.

Sponsored

Clif

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
The last price increase bumped MSRP for my Wrangler, is scheduled to deliver this week, by about $2,000. Can y'all help me with two questions?

Is the dealer really having to pay about $2k more for the vehicle? If yes, how are some dealers (especially those who are selling under invoice and presumably don't have much margin to play with) able to "waive" the price increase?

How much does the dealer's cost actually change? Is it the full $2k that the MSRP rose, or does the invoice amount not change as much as the MSRP?

[edited - yeah, it's not just a car]

Last edited:

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
The last price increase bumped MSRP for my car, is scheduled to deliver this week, by about $2,000. Can y'all help me with two questions?

Is the dealer really having to pay about $2k more for the car? If yes, how are some dealers (especially those who are selling under invoice and presumably don't have much margin to play with) able to "waive" the price increase?

How much does the dealer's cost actually change? Is it the full $2k that the MSRP rose, or does the invoice amount not change as much as the MSRP?
Check your monroney mine still has the original msrp on it.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
The last price increase bumped MSRP for my car, is scheduled to deliver this week, by about $2,000. Can y'all help me with two questions?

Is the dealer really having to pay about $2k more for the car? If yes, how are some dealers (especially those who are selling under invoice and presumably don't have much margin to play with) able to "waive" the price increase?

If you bought a car, you are on the wrong Forum. This is a Jeep Forum, not a car Forum...

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Check your monroney mine still has the original msrp on it.
The window sticker shows the price when it was generated and not necessarily what you ordered it for. The original price is almost always honored.

fczabala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; X5
Clubs

if dealer chose price protection (only available for sold orders) they are also not obligated to pay
the increase either or else they would definitely be passing down the cost to customers (I think) lol

my window sticker shows new msrp (2k higher) but dealer is honoring the price quoted at time of
order (except for 2 new fees that it seems are showing up at the time the vehicle is invoiced)
Sponsored