Sponsored

Price increase 9/28

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I was trying to place my order through gupton yesterday but i was told the manager wasnt there so i couldnt do it yet. So, i was sent the link to make a depsoit this morning and i did. Then i got a phone call saying it went up like $2000.

I'm pissed because that's not even my fault. I wanted to order it yesterday. They won't honor the price quoted yesterday. So now the whole jeep is over my budget.
oh that sucks. What also sucks is they typically know ahead of time there is going to be a price increase - prob not all the sales folks but management does.

im going to assume your getting the forum pricing from them so there prob isnā€™t any skin left in the game for them, but worthwhile talking to the GM to explain how it went down. Maybe they can do something for you.
Sponsored

Zeno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
If my order placed on Monday shows a higher price due to the Tuesday increase I guess I'll just have to push on the price they quoted me when I wired the deposit, which they also sent me a picture copy of via email from the week prior. From reading around it sounds like if they submitted the order on Monday and the price increase went up the next day then the price at the time of the submission should still be the one that's honored?

Jessybaby1231

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
With the amount of time orders are taking to get filled, could you save up the difference?
Theres nothing else i can do but that. Luckily Daniel helped me out a little and waived a fee for me, so the price isn't as bad as it was earlier today. Still well over my budget though. I'm so bummed.

Jessybaby1231

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
oh that sucks. What also sucks is they typically know ahead of time there is going to be a price increase - prob not all the sales folks but management does.

im going to assume your getting the forum pricing from them so there prob isnā€™t any skin left in the game for them, but worthwhile talking to the GM to explain how it went down. Maybe they can do something for you.
I did a little bit ago. He said he didn't know about the increase this time. He ended up removing a fee for me so the price isn't as terrible as it was earlier today. Still well over my budget i had though. šŸ˜”

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Moving to a modestly configured Sport S will provide you the ability to trim the purchase price of a new Jeep pretty well, doubly so if you optioned the Sahara above and beyond its standard equipment (which is pretty decent to begin with.)

Jessybaby1231

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Moving to a modestly configured Sport S will provide you the ability to trim the purchase price of a new Jeep pretty well, doubly so if you optioned the Sahara above and beyond its standard equipment (which is pretty decent to begin with.)
My options are limited because I'm set on body colored fenders. I couldn't make the other trims that offered that work for me.

DKD

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR
I ordered a 2022 4D rubicon the on the first day it was possible.
It took over 5 months to get delivered. The price increased 2,500 on the window sticker, the dealer honored the quoted price.

I just ordered a 2023 xtreme recon Rubicon on 9/11, the dealer told me then, a price increase was sure to happen soon. They also stated I wouldn't incur any increase.
I wouldn't be surprised if they have more than one increase on the 2023'S before years end.

I not sure all dealers are alike, Its a conversation you should have when ordering.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I not sure all dealers are alike, Its a conversation you should have when ordering.
They should all be the same. When order is placed it is marked as a sold order and is price protected by FCA. If a dealer doesnā€™t honor they are trying to pull one over on someone

12psi

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If Jeep increases the MSRP, the invoice amount goes up as well because Jeep doesn't invoice the dealer until they ship the vehicle. The cost of mine went up 4 times from order to delivery, even with the affiliate pricing. I would have a specific number signed by the sales manager regardless.
With sold order protection, you are locked in at what you agreed to. If someone put an order in tuesday, they wouldn't be affected by the increase on wednesday. I only feel bad about the people who got quotes on Tuesday and were wanting to order the day of the increase. I'm not sure who told you the price increased, but that sounds like a shady practice. I've only ever had that when Jeep had to switched Etorque engines earlier this year. Plus, the vehicle doesn't even get invoiced until it is released from the factory.

12psi

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
They should all be the same. When order is placed it is marked as a sold order and is price protected by FCA. If a dealer doesnā€™t honor they are trying to pull one over on someone
Very True. It's a tough thing to regulate, and many dealers are still looking at profits on vehicles rather than a true relationship with customers.

Blacktip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR
The new prices are updated on Jeep website. My build, which I ordered 3 weeks ago, has gone up by $950. I noticed that the discount for the 2.0 engine is gone. When I was configuring my XR Rubi, I had the options of choosing between the 2.0 and the V6. 2.0 was -$1500 approx. That discount is gone now on the XR.

I have a "Retail buyer order" from Tri-City, and I put $1000 down payment. I have a VIN and my order was confirmed with Jeep. I should be price protected, right?
Sponsored