Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Hola!!! I ordered the dual top group when we got our JL and absolutely love the soft top and so does my wife. She can can actually flip this one back, pull the windows and be on her way where as in the JK her 5'4" 100lb self can't even attempt that.

One issue that has been a bit of an annoyance is the rear 4" section of the rear window that will not stay secure; pic below. At first I thought it was an install issue so i tried to make some adjustments...nothing helped. Then I got use to clipping it back in after every time I parked. Now I just want to glue the damn thing down... Since noticing the issue I have paid attention to other JL softtops I have seen and all of them had the same issue in that corner. They are still pretty rare to see on the street but of the four i have seen all of them had the issue.

I am wondering if it is a design issue and that needs to be addressed or if I some how have a bad rear window and need to go talk to the dealer..

Anyone else seeing the same thing?
20180621_080928.jpg
Sponsored

bhartz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S Unlimited
Hola!!! I ordered the dual top group when we got our JL and absolutely love the soft top and so does my wife. She can can actually flip this one back, pull the windows and be on her way where as in the JK her 5'4" 100lb self can't even attempt that.

One issue that has been a bit of an annoyance is the rear 4" section of the rear window that will not stay secure; pic below. At first I thought it was an install issue so i tried to make some adjustments...nothing helped. Then I got use to clipping it back in after every time I parked. Now I just want to glue the damn thing down... Since noticing the issue I have paid attention to other JL softtops I have seen and all of them had the same issue in that corner. They are still pretty rare to see on the street but of the four i have seen all of them had the issue.

I am wondering if it is a design issue and that needs to be addressed or if I some how have a bad rear window and need to go talk to the dealer..

Anyone else seeing the same thing?
20180621_080928.jpg

I've got a JLU as well, and have had that problem from the very beginning. Haven't taken it to the dealer yet. Figured I'd wait a few months. Dealers usually don't have a fix for minor problems like that, until they get enough complaints.

OP
OP
Texas_Yote

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. I suspect its caused by the top and door windows being open and the wind needing somewhere to outlet.
Thought the same and tested that, still comes out...the other side stays in just fine and they both feel equally secure when I clamp them in. I even make sure to pull up on the window now to add extra tension.

First Name
Chrissy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal JLUR18
Thought the same and tested that, still comes out...the other side stays in just fine and they both feel equally secure when I clamp them in. I even make sure to pull up on the window now to add extra tension.
Huh. I just assumed it was air pressure needing to be released. Mine does the same thing. Chalk it up to design flaw.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Mine does it too, but who cares? It’s not harming anything as far as I can tell.

OP
OP
Texas_Yote

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does it too, but who cares? It’s not harming anything as far as I can tell.
Partly because water has gotten inside during heavy rains there...

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Partly because water has gotten inside during heavy rains there...
Yikes. I only have 300 miles on mine, and have yet to see rain. I suddenly care about this...

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I have had an issue when fighting high cross winds.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
The drive side on mine pops out after most 60+ freeway trips. The issue does not seem to care whether I drive with the windows up or down. Ultimately, i think all the windows of the Premium Softtop where made too tall. They all tend to have a little buckle in the clear windows as if they are not taunt. The rear window is not as severe as the sides but still its there...and I think if it were just a tad shorter that required us to pull down on them a bit harder to add pressure to that tab when we slip it in it go along way to solving the problem.

So each day...i exit the jeep and tuck that little flap in. Annoying yes, future rain issue.... maybe. But with so many other JL issues to be worried about....bowing springs, body not centered of the axles, U-connect frustration, fuses that were shipped loose. I have to put this one at the bottom of the list for now. I am sure my OCD will make it an issue once I am past the others.

Sponsored

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
I have the same problem but it is the passenger side. I have the premium soft top which also rattles like hell if the windows are open. It's annoying and worse than the JK rattle. HOWEVER! with all the windows up this top is significantly quieter than any Jeep soft top I've owned.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Mine is the same, pops out sometimes.... with that said, I see no water intrusion or adverse effect after 6000+ miles, I’m not worried about it.

ArmyJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own a JLURubicon
Occupation
Retired US Army
Same issue...just push the tabs in when I park. My big issue is my top windows have drip stains and the dealer said they would replace them but haven't got any details yet. Other than that my customer service has been outstanding

SkilledOne4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1966 Ford Mustang GT
The flaps on my JLUR also come undone after a little driving but so far, I have not had any water problems. I also have a noticeable gap between both side windows and the rear window which you can see in the pictures below. Even with this, I have been watertight though I always worry.

20180528_084206.jpg
20180528_084035.jpg
Sponsored