Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What electric power steering fluid are you using? The manual only says to use MOPAR Electric Power Steering Fluid, but there are a lot of part numbers and I’m not sure if they are all the same?
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I dunno i used mopar atf+4 to top mine off dunno if that was right or wrong. No issues so far lol

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I was about to turkey baster change mine today but checked the fluid..it’s clear. Clearly mopars power steering +4 I assume?

So I don’t think I will be mixing any red atf+4.

Also, the screen in the reservoir really prevents the turkey baster method anyway.

How high is the fluid in your guys reservoirs?

seanjonesSUPERTRAMP

First Name
seany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
@intentsrig all my fluids in the jeep were low when I got her. I thought about topping them all off but thought I might see how it goes and how they look after some miles etc. 6k miles later they're all still low but I wouldn't say they're any lower than they were new. suffice to say..I guess fluids being low on our jeeps are pretty common from what I've seen around here. so I'd say as long as you're fluids aren't progressively getting lower (leak) its okay. hope that helps

Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
@intentsrig all my fluids in the jeep were low when I got her. I thought about topping them all off but thought I might see how it goes and how they look after some miles etc. 6k miles later they're all still low but I wouldn't say they're any lower than they were new. suffice to say..I guess fluids being low on our jeeps are pretty common from what I've seen around here. so I'd say as long as you're fluids aren't progressively getting lower (leak) its okay. hope that helps
Yeah I actually just picked up some fluid at the dealer and they gave me electric power steering fluid. $20 a pint!

Also checked some 18’s on the lot. All had higher levels than mine so I’ll add a little bit.

The 19’s have a new reservoir with full and low marks.

seanjonesSUPERTRAMP

First Name
seany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
@intentsrig great. I'll prolly do the same here shortly. might as well have them on hand I suppose. do you know of any air that would get into any of the reservoirs when we're filling them or is that not a thing? coolant, brake, power, etc...? only ask because as I understand it they are all closed systems under pressure..

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
@intentsrig great. I'll prolly do the same here shortly. might as well have them on hand I suppose. do you know of any air that would get into any of the reservoirs when we're filling them or is that not a thing? coolant, brake, power, etc...? only ask because as I understand it they are all closed systems under pressure..
I think it’s fine since I couldn’t drain below the reservoir screen so it’s not different than just opening it to check the level.

I just used a pump to get out what I could then refilled, closed the cap and turned the wheel lock to lock 4-5 times. Repeated the process. Fluid wasn’t very dirty but it was darker than the new stuff.

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Anyone know what the fill level is for a 2018? There's no minimum or maximum lines. There are two horizontal arrows pointing at one another about 1/2 way to the top with a vertical arrow pointing up in the middle of the two horizontal arrows. Why is this so difficult? UGH

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Anyone know what the fill level is for a 2018? There's no minimum or maximum lines. There are two horizontal arrows pointing at one another about 1/2 way to the top with a vertical arrow pointing up in the middle of the two horizontal arrows. Why is this so difficult? UGH
ADE79B75-B834-46E1-84D4-4D6A898DB490.jpeg

Sponsored

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Another person stated that the 2019+ models have the MAX MIN lines. My 2018 unfortunately does not.
Its backwards. I didnt think mine did either. It was on the other side towards the windshield

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Its backwards. I didnt think mine did either. It was on the other side towards the windshield
Thanks! I'll take a look tonight!

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
do you guys just turkey baster and top off the reservoir? Or is there a more comprehensive way to flush the system, and refill?

Also I'm reading Pentosin CHF 11S satisfies MS-11655. I've had good experience with that in the past so I might lean towards that fluid.
Sponsored