Sponsored

Power Steering Fluid?

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi,
I feel a bit dumb asking the question, but want to ask; is there a definitive MOPAR part number for the Wrangler JL power steering fluid?

I have a 2020 Wrangler JLUR 3.6L non E-torque Jeep.

The owners manual says:

"We recommend you use MOPAR Electric Steering Pump Fluid".

I want to buy/order some power steering fluid to keep on hand, and the online MOPAR parts dealers that I usually look up part numbers and order parts on, seem to treat consumables like fluid more casually than the actual parts.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,
I feel a bit dumb asking the question, but want to ask; is there a definitive MOPAR part number for the Wrangler JL power steering fluid?

I have a 2020 Wrangler JLUR 3.6L non E-torque Jeep.

The owners manual says:

"We recommend you use MOPAR Electric Steering Pump Fluid".

I want to buy/order some power steering fluid to keep on hand, and the online MOPAR parts dealers that I usually look up part numbers and order parts on, seem to treat consumables like fluid more casually than the actual parts.

Thank you.
I don’t know if there’s a part number but this is what I use…..

Jeep Wrangler JL Power Steering Fluid? 0F376F23-7FCB-46A8-A9E4-C510901059EE

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi @Roky,

That looks like part number 68088485AB, which seems easy to find at parts suppliers.

Here's the thing, when I look up the fluid using my Jeep as the "selected vehicle" I am offered part number 68218064AA, but these parts dealers don't go to much effort to describe what/where/when the parts they sell are really applicable.

If the manual said, "use this part number", that is what I would use.

The local parts stores just offer "here's what we have on the shelf", and the nearest Jeep dealer is 112 miles away.

I am probably overthinking it, but if I am going to order from out of town I feel like it's worth the trouble of asking a dumb question :)

Does anyone else have any insights about this?

Thank you!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi @Roky,

That looks like part number 68088485AB, which seems easy to find at parts suppliers.

Here's the thing, when I look up the fluid using my Jeep as the "selected vehicle" I am offered part number 68218064AA, but these parts dealers don't go to much effort to describe what/where/when the parts they sell are really applicable.

If the manual said, "use this part number", that is what I would use.

The local parts stores just offer "here's what we have on the shelf", and the nearest Jeep dealer is 112 miles away.

I am probably overthinking it, but if I am going to order from out of town I feel like it's worth the trouble of asking a dumb question :)

Does anyone else have any insights about this?

Thank you!
I actually ordered mine off of Amazon, lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
:)

The version you mentioned looks like it is explicitly labeled "Electric Steering Pump Fluid", which may be better, worse, or no different than the product I mentioned which is labeled "Power Steering Fluid". It seems like a good idea to use a fluid with the hydraulic characteristics that the Jeep's questionable intelligence computing assumes is pumping through the power steering unit.

I suppose I will opt for the 68088485AB

Thank you.

l1lypad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Just to keep things fun and interesting I actually use Royal Purples Max Ez. For context, I have a 2018 JLU Sport S and the new power steering pump/system wasn’t included with the JL generation until 2019 so I have “technically” have a JK power steering pump/system.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase