mjmck

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2016 Ram EcoDiesel, 1989 Mustang LX
Hello All,

New to this forum, but not new to Jeep/Wrangler forums at all. I have personally owned a 1997 TJ, a 2007 JK and a 2012 JKU (wife'scurrent ride) all modified as weekend warriors. Below is a current picture of the 2012:
8X1UMbT.jpg

We were into our local Jeep Delaer last weekend and got a hands on chance sitting in a 2018 JLU Rubicon.
3xS4IE1.jpg

7QLFXzK.jpg

My wife loves the new JLU Rubicon and so do I. Really thinking about upgrading this year. Main thought is our current 2012 has 77K miles, I'd say at our current rate we will be in the 90's by the fall. Wondering what if the cost difference is worth waiting till late 2018 (like November/December) or do something within the next few months? Not sure if Dealers push current MY Wranglers to anticipate new MY's? This will be my second new vehicle purchase, but first new Wrangler purchase. I'm dead set on a Rubicon, At a minimum must be V6 (no BSG crap, even though I would love the turbo 4 cylinder), automatic trans, cold weather package, tow package and not white or black.

What say you guys?
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
You'd better get the 2018 if you want no BSG. They are adding it to the 6cyl in 2019.

Should be able to get one off the lot in the fall but it will be too late to order.

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
Maybe a brain fart but what is BSG?

Sponsored

U.S. Marine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Welcome to the forum, the first time I laid eyes on the Rubicon JLU, they couldn't build them fast enough in Ohio! Renee and I finally got our hands on one last Thursday and it has been a "blast" wheeling it around ever since! First time Jeep owners, "Outstanding"!!

OP
OP
mjmck

mjmck

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I'm already in fear of the complexity of the JLU and want nothing to do with BSG. I have had great luck with my past 3 Wranglers.

I think I need to talk with my salesman on what our JKU is worth now and forecast out with an additional 20k miles.

Sounds like its in our best interest if we don't wait till November/December as the 2019's will be rolling out.

This is the sticker on the one pictured above:
7mdo83V.jpg

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
IDK, your car value will just decrease over the year and new JL prices will be the same right? Check cargurus/KBB on your car, read the thread for best deals in your area (most are hitting 7-10% under MSRP). Lots of people are ordering since it is the same price as on the lot, but you can configure it exactly as you want.

Makes sense to wait if you want to see more options, colors, editions, etc...or just to be sensible and save money :)

GL!

Jethris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Do not pay sticker!

If you have no other options, join Trails Unlimited ($100) and get 1% below invoice pricing. You have to be a member for 30 days to get a confirmation code.

OP
OP
mjmck

mjmck

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We owe under $23K on our 12 JKU, which according to KBB it is worth about $20K trade in.

I have a friend who worked for New Venture Gear, so I get a code form him for additional discounts. Right now they are taking about $1K off the Wrangler pictured above. The only thing the one above is missing is the tow package.
Sponsored