Sponsored

Best deals found on a new JL?

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
A dealer mentioned on this forum is selling the lifetime MaxCare warranty ($200 deductible) for roughly $2600. The MSRP for it is $3995. Do you think that is a good deal?
Honestly, I’ve only heard of a lifetime warranty once (15-20 years ago). I’d have a lawyer look at it. If it’s legal And you always keep you vehicles for 8-15 years then yes go for it But I bet you can only use it at their dealership or dealer group. I keep my vehicles, typically for 6-7 years. I wouldn’t buy it for that reason. I wouldn’t recoup my money. One last thing! Car companies are sold all the time. If that dealer is ever sold, there goes your warranty. I hope that helps!
Sponsored

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Honestly, I’ve only heard of a lifetime warranty once (15-20 years ago). I’d have a lawyer look at it. If it’s legal And you always keep you vehicles for 8-15 years then yes go for it But I bet you can only use it at their dealership or dealer group. I keep my vehicles, typically for 6-7 years. I wouldn’t buy it for that reason. I wouldn’t recoup my money. One last thing! Car companies are sold all the time. If that dealer is ever sold, there goes your warranty. I hope that helps!
Thanks for the quick reply. I believe it is backed by MOPAR/FCA not the dealership.
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/care/mopar-vehicle-protection.html

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
Thanks for the quick reply. I believe it is backed by MOPAR not the dealership.
Double check and see if you can find anyone else online that has the warranty to see what they think. If it’s a MOPAR warranty, there should be a ton of people that have it. Hell I might buy it if it’s from MOPAR! I’ll look too.

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
Thanks for the quick reply. I believe it is backed by MOPAR/FCA not the dealership.
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/care/mopar-vehicle-protection.html
I went to https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/pricing/index.cfm?fuseaction=displayQuotes and found their are several options to choose from but I haven’t seen any reviews on the warranty, still looking. They are inline with what I would pay for a warranty! So figure out how long you have kept your last three cars (average) and get a warranty for that amount of time. No matter how long we say we are going to keep our new car, we normally keep them as long as we normally do. The law of averages never lies. Lol

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
I’ll prob get the Maxcare lifetime $200 deductible. My other car is a 2006 Impala I’ve owned since new.

Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
A dealer mentioned on this forum is selling the lifetime MaxCare warranty ($200 deductible) for roughly $2600. The MSRP for it is $3995. Do you think that is a good deal?
Yeah, it’s a good deal, but keep in mind that’s a non transferable warranty, so Ben sure you’re keeping it, and never total it! You aren’t getting your money back. I think I’ll take the 7 year warranty to be honest

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I’ll prob get the Maxcare lifetime $200 deductible. My other car is a 2006 Impala I’ve owned since new.
Yeah, I had a Ford Ranger (1st new vehicle) for 11 years and a deer ended the life of my Liberty in October after 14 years. So, two vehicles in 25 years.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Anyone in NC offering 5% below invoice or better. Koons is a 5 hour drive for me but worth it if a NC dealer won't match their 5% below invoice.
I just picked up a Sport in manual w/ soft top yesterday. There were only 2 within 200 miles like that and dealers here in Raleigh showed no interest in trying to swap for it, especially for 5% under invoice. They couldn't touch it.

The one I got had just come off the truck. I'm loving it and so glad I got a manual, so fun to drive. I think my wife wanted it more than I did (hmmm, it's supposed to be the other way around).

I ended up working a deal with Safford in Warrenton, VA by simply getting an online quote. Got about 6% below invoice, but doc fee was high. Even then it came out to 4% below invoice. If I had more time, I could have gotten it down a little more I think.

I had to be in Richmond on Sunday and they even drove it over to their other dealership in Fredericksburg and I picked it up there so save me quite a bit of time. Carlos went in full detail over the JL's features and was getting very excited about it. After 20 mins, I said, "you don't want to get out do you?" "No" he replied.

Last edited:

maccabiNYC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S!!
Just leased a JLU sport S, auto, white, dual top, infotainment pkg, convenience group, Mopar all-weather mats.

MSRP: 41,130
Monthly $380
Zero down. Taxes rolled into monthly.
39mos/12k mi ($368 for 39/10)

Bayside Chrysler/Jeep (Queens, NY)
Salesman: Turgo Tropnasse
[email protected]
Finance guy Jason quoted me 1 month ago and actually beat that number when the car came in! :clap:

6E8FFD72-90FB-4A9A-BA87-216F24893BB2.jpeg

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Not bad, what dealer? I sent my local dealership my build sheet today, just waiting on pricing
I’m getting 6% below invoice at my dealer and Doc fee is 169

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
I'm working with Jason in Joliet Il (about 4 hours from us). He has been very responsive to emails and has shot out an excellent quote....basically $2K lower than anyone here in Southern Iowa. Looks to be a great deal....check him out.

Joliet, Illinois
  • Tyson Motors
  • 6% Below Invoice (With TreadLightly)
  • $176.94 Doc Fee
  • Shorewood, Illinois 60404
  • 815-741-5530
  • [email protected]

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I'm working with Jason in Joliet Il (about 4 hours from us). He has been very responsive to emails and has shot out an excellent quote....basically $2K lower than anyone here in Southern Iowa. Looks to be a great deal....check him out.

Joliet, Illinois
  • Tyson Motors
  • 6% Below Invoice (With TreadLightly)
  • $176.94 Doc Fee
  • Shorewood, Illinois 60404
  • 815-741-5530
  • [email protected]
I am going to see him Friday he’s giving me same deal

CalicoJack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ-7 Renegade, 2017 JKUR Hard Rock, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Paratrooper
Looking for some advice on a good dealer to work with in the Saint Louis Missouri area that's not trying to get MSRP.
Sponsored