First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Haha good way to put it! Surprisingly I've never gotten a ticket yet in my Scat Pack (knock on wood), but I have been known to lay some pretty long black patches on the back roads near my house. I think I have over 150 passes on it at the dragstrip too haha! So I do use it for what it was intended for to some extent, but 90% of the time, I'm just cruising at or slightly above the speed limit with my family. I bought the Challenger because I loved the looks, it sounded great, it was fast, handled great, and was just plain cool! Looking at the car got me excited!
I think you can compare both type of cars - your Scat Pack to the Wrangler -, even though they are extremely different to say the least...
My personal experience - and which will be similar to yours as it sounds -, driving a car with a seriously potent engine, does not mean you go crazy all the time. That kind of cars, are cars you can act with as an animal, but also cruise along with extremely relaxed, and part of that relaxing feeling comes from the fact you know what you have available at all times under the hood, on demand, whenever you need it, want it, feel like, have the opportunity to.

The Wrangler is comparable in that way, that even though you might not (often) need all of what it is capable of, it can offer you that similar kind of relaxing feeling, by knowing that you have a vehicle under your butt, that even in the case the world would come to an end, can still take you anywhere...

That at least is my personal experience for what it's worth :)
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Cool! Thanks for your input!

Have you driven yours in any snow yet? I'm wondering how the part time 4WD system works in the snow. I've only driven RWD or AWD cars before in the past. I've read where you can engage 4Hi below 45mph on crummy surfaces like snow, mud, etc. But when it gets dry out again you should go back to 2WD again. Not a big deal to me, just something I'll have to get used to.
no i have not driven the jl in the snow yet. i dont expect any issues. i havent driven a part time 4wd in a while since my last rides have bee front, rear, and all wheel drive vehicles. as for engaging the 4wd at 45 mph, i'm not a big fan in doing it. i kinda like the old school way in stopping and engaging it that way. thats just me. the biggest thing you want to remember is not to run the 4wd on dry pavement. the best strategy would be to run in 2wd until you start slipping, sliding or loose traction. it not a big deal and you'll get use to it.

OP
OP
cdahl383

cdahl383

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2019 Ram 1500, 2015 Challenger Scat Pack, 1972 Chevy Nova
Well I ordered my Jeep today! 2020 Jeep Wrangler 4 door Sport S. Got it just how I wanted. White, 2.0L automatic, hardtop, headliner, tech package. Was really considering the Rubicon but after thinking long and hard I decided it wasn't worth the extra money for features I'd likely never use once. Hopefully it'll be ready for pickup sometime in early/mid January! Looking forward to driving a Jeep for the first time!

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Picking up my new Jeep on Thursday in just a couple days! Can't wait! I'll post up some pics when I get it.
Carl, congratulations! I’m looking forward to seeing your pics!

Sponsored

OP
OP
cdahl383

cdahl383

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2019 Ram 1500, 2015 Challenger Scat Pack, 1972 Chevy Nova
Carl, congratulations! I’m looking forward to seeing your pics!
Thanks! I can hardly stand it, just one more day haha!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

welcome to the jeep club! looks great!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Good for you, you must get awesome deals!

now you can start buying stuff for it.
Sponsored