Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each dayā€“
I figured it might be something like that. While it's entirely accurate to use that, it's not widely used in most circles.

Welcome to the forum by the way! I see you're a fellow Texan šŸ¤˜. Do you have an Xtreme Recon on order? Or did you just stumble into this thread?
Thank you. I have a JLURXR on order. Latest POC (last Friday) shows D1, though no build sheet as yet. I am patient, I still have a 2014 JLUR unless my youngest daughter pries it from my cold dead fingers, or the new one arrivesā€“
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thank you. Much appreciated. I was looking at the Customer Preferred Code Guide (atached and marked up as ordered)
If I'm reading your build correctly that's going to be a very nice Jeep! Very similar to my build other than color and steel bumpers I believe. It's been hit or miss for build times so far, seems like most take delivery between 7-13 weeks at this point. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Got some pics from the dealer, canā€™t wait to pick it up!
DE684BD8-9646-487C-B34F-33A6F4B5A49E.jpeg

85B407CF-186F-4D69-A200-399A5E4F9382.jpeg

C2A4D828-EE14-486E-B4E1-CEF59D3675F3.jpeg
She's a beauty. White here as well but Black top. Congrats!!

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each dayā€“
If I'm reading your build correctly that's going to be a very nice Jeep! Very similar to my build other than color and steel bumpers I believe. It's been hit or miss for build times so far, seems like most take delivery between 7-13 weeks at this point. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Thank you.

I really went back and forth on the steel bumpers. The 2014 has aftermarket steel with just a Terra Flex leveling kit. We are really looking forward to the XR, (though if I hadn't had to order it, I would have added a 3" TeraFlex instead). We plan to add aftermarket steel bumpers to help fend off all the white tail here in the hill country. I don't think I will add another winch though. We only have used the one on the 2014 a time or two, both times to pull someone else outā€“

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thank you.

I really went back and forth on the steel bumpers. The 2014 has aftermarket steel with just a Terra Flex leveling kit. We are really looking forward to the XR, (though if I hadn't had to order it, I would have added a 3" Terra Flex instead). We plan to add aftermarket steel bumpers to help fend off all the white tail here in the hill country. I don't think I will add another winch though. We only have used the one on the 2014 a time or two, both times to pull someone else outā€“
I feel the same on the OE bumper. I went ahead and gave it a shot, but I'm almost positive they'll get changed out eventually. For the time, it'll be nice to have armor while I get the rest of the rig built. I still think the XR is a great value even if you swap out the lift and tires, there's enough other goodies in the package to make it a great deal. Regardless, it's a great looking rig from the factory, you'll be happy with it either way.

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
My mistake, used a bad reference. Thank you for pointing that out.

Though now I am confused. JLJS74 is an Unlimited Rubicon (could be 3.6l V6, 2.0l I4 turbo, or 3.0l turbo diesel), JLJX74 is an Unlimited Rubicon 392, and JLXS74 is a Unlimited Rubicon 4XE. Please learn me what a JLUR isā€“
Not the complete VIN decryption list which also details between 2dr/4dr, but here ya go:

Screenshot 2021-09-27 162848.jpg

jessebkr87

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
@rent, on the spreadsheet you can show my Jeep as arriving at the dealer as of today.

Hoping to pick up this Saturday! Iā€™m excited because I havenā€™t seen a Granite one yet. I asked for a photo, but he said there are probably 150 on the lot so he would have to go find it again!

jepgrl

First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
So my baby is in transport and ETA to train depot (Palm Center, FL) is 10/4, but than no date from there. Waiting on truck to get filled up to come all the way South...Key West! Dealer said well it should be in October!!! I'm like, "WTF". You do know the problem with that: all the money I keep spending now that it's really on the way. Can't stop shopping...ugh!
Sponsored