Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Why cant mine be done already? Im tired of waiting and its only been 4 weeks since I ordered mine. Although I dont need it to get here until my TJ is sold so really timing is fine. But seeing everyone elses makes me want mine here right now!

Sponsored

GGspartan318

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
Glad someone could add a little color here. 😂

I’m dying not knowing where mine is. JC just says eta between today and 27th. It’s not at the dealer. So somewhere between Ohio and MD. 😂
Same here! Somewhere between Ohio and Michigan... not sure they need two weeks to truck the Jeep 90 minutes away...

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Is your air compressor fully charged? Looks like you address at the point where you just need to get air in quicker than it can come out
Setting it up as a beadlock. Bead is outside the “rim”. Trying to get it to sit flat on the external “bead” of the wheel is the tricky part. You have to stretch the bead of the tire over the wheel. It’s a pain in the dick. It feels like the tire is too small for the wheel. (I know this isn’t the case but it’s the best way to describe it) when you try to spoon it on eventually the other side just pops off. It seems like you need to pin down the bead in 5-6 places as you work your way around the tire. I just don’t have enough hands to do it.

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Maybe the ring with a few bolts?... back seat driving is my speciality.
Ha! I had the same thought and tried it earlier without much luck. I was 90 minutes into the process without anything to show for it. Starting to get frustrated, and decided to walk away for the time. I’ll snag my old man at some point this weekend and have him hold a couple screwdrivers around the rim as I try to stretch it on there. I’ve got plenty to keep me busy, and I learned the hard way to walk away when I start to get frustrated. I’ve made some stupid mistakes just from being mentally fatigued.

I can imagine a tool for this process and I’ll have to check if it exists. It seems like you could have a tapered ring that temporary bolts to the wheel and allows the tire to be pushed straight down into place. Even if you had to just go around the rim with a mallet tapping it down in circles, I feel like it would work. It would have to come apart into 3 or 4 pieces to fit through the tire in the first place. But it would make this process much easier