Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

macman1125

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - XR Edition
So I took finally took the plunge and traded in my 2018 JLU Sahara for a 2021 JLUR XR. Here is my build sheet with the possible addition of leather seats. Not sure if the leather seat change made it or not still waiting to hear back from Dealer on that.

Ordered JLUR XR on 7-29-2021
Estimated Ship Date: 8-26-2021

Apparently I had a D1 status on 8-16-2021

Cropped.jpg
Sponsored

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Looks like Im in "D" status right now.

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.

JJG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0. ,98 TJ Sport, 16 GMC 3500 Duramax, (2) 64 GTO's , (2) 65 GTO's , 57 GMC 100, 73 Firebird Formula, 63 C-10, 67 C-10, (2) 66 Bonneville Convertibles, 67 Bonneville Convertible.
Eailer today, I tried to order a 392 with the XR package. Watched as my dealer checked off the boxes in the system, It wouldnt allow the XR package to be chosen. They have a call into their rep for an explanation. Anyone have any insight?

macman1125

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I took finally took the plunge and traded in my 2018 JLU Sahara for a 2021 JLUR XR. Here is my build sheet with the possible addition of leather seats. Not sure if the leather seat change made it or not still waiting to hear back from Dealer on that.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here Cropped
This is also the first convertable Jeep I ever owned that is an automatic...it took quite a long time to actually come to terms with this (personal Jeep thing I guess). I learned to drive on a 76 CJ5 with a 3 speed and my first jeep I owned in High School was an 83 CJ7. I've had almost every version made, CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, and JL and genuinely loved them all (all of them were a stick).

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

This is also the first convertable Jeep I ever owned that is an automatic...it took quite a long time to actually come to terms with this (personal Jeep thing I guess). I learned to drive on a 76 CJ5 with a 3 speed and my first jeep I owned in High School was an 83 CJ7. I've had almost every version made, CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, and JL and genuinely loved them all (all of them were a stick).
šŸ„² I had to come to grips with this as well. I sold my 18 WRX last year and my 19 JL 6MT two weeks ago and realized it would likely be the last manual I would ever own. Sad times.

macman1125

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here Cropped
Just checked with Jeep Chat and they stated the following regarding the D1 status I have been in for a few weeks.

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 4.20.30 PM.png

macman1125

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
šŸ„² I had to come to grips with this as well. I sold my 18 WRX last year and my 19 JL 6MT two weeks ago and realized it would likely be the last manual I would ever own. Sad times.
I hear ya! I am hoping to get something at a later time that will be a stick again 9at least for fun). I tow some jet skis, and a trailer quite often and the stick in my current JL does not play to well with my current gearing and I feel I need to ride the clutch too much and way to much down shifting to handle hills especially under a load.

My son is on his 3rd jeep (currently a 2 door JL Sport) all of which are sticks. I will be driving that as much as possible when its available just to reminisce, LOL.

Heres to the next chapter!!

BeepBeepIssaJeep

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392 Xtreme Recon
Eailer today, I tried to order a 392 with the XR package. Watched as my dealer checked off the boxes in the system, It wouldnt allow the XR package to be chosen. They have a call into their rep for an explanation. Anyone have any insight?
Call Frank at Leith in Raleigh... he figured it out.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Any update on this Iā€™m curious?

Sponsored

JJG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0. ,98 TJ Sport, 16 GMC 3500 Duramax, (2) 64 GTO's , (2) 65 GTO's , 57 GMC 100, 73 Firebird Formula, 63 C-10, 67 C-10, (2) 66 Bonneville Convertibles, 67 Bonneville Convertible.
Any update on this Iā€™m curious?
Called Jeep, Couldn't get an intelligent life form, customer service rep said ā€œitā€™s no longer available and cancelledā€
But she said the bright side was I could still get a Jeep. Canā€™t fix stupid! šŸ¤Ŗ

Shortly after, I spoke to my dealer again and they had just heard back from the rep.
The XR package is currently only available on a sold order. Not available for regular inventory at this time.
When they checked the first time they didnā€™t click on sold during the process.

Got the order done shortly thereafter.
Now just waitā€¦ā€¦..
Thanks to those who replied, appreciate the help.

Robbierob021

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK Sahara
Called Jeep, Couldn't get an intelligent life form, customer service rep said ā€œitā€™s no longer available and cancelledā€
But she said the bright side was I could still get a Jeep. Canā€™t fix stupid! šŸ¤Ŗ

Shortly after, I spoke to my dealer again and they had just heard back from the rep.
The XR package is currently only available on a sold order. Not available for regular inventory at this time.
When they checked the first time they didnā€™t click on sold during the process.

Got the order done shortly thereafter.
Now just waitā€¦ā€¦..
Thanks to those who replied, appreciate the help.
Oh man that stinks! But at least you have a answer, and now a proper order! Maybe you can get the dealership to give you something extra for the mess up like oil changes or floor mats.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Oh no... don't the 392s have CV shafts or something weird going on with the front axle?
yes - full-time 4WD, CVs and no FAD, but the housing is still the same as the Mojave with the hole for the FAD and the right side inner shaft is still a two-piece shaft with a collar connecting the two halves. Thereā€™s a cover plate with a fixed piece over the FAD hole holding the collar in place.

there has been some speculation on the 392 boards (or maybe I should just call it ā€˜hopeā€™šŸ˜‰) that the hole for the FAD is deleted on the XRs and the inner shaft is a one-piece design.
T
Sponsored