Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Glad I saw this. I was waiting for connection in the background for the last 20 minutes, luckily it finally connected and thanks to y'alls post I remembered to check on it. Apparently it's not completely broken, just takes forever this morning.

Edit: still stuck in the "Built; in storage; pending inspections"
Sponsored

Robbierob021

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK Sahara
Finally got in contact with JC after about 20 minutes!

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At Stellantis, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

So my Jeep is no longer at the body vendor. It’s either being held for additional quality control inspection, or waiting on transport. Which I don’t understand why they can’t tell which one it is? But at least it’s out of the body vendor.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Finally got in contact with JC after about 20 minutes!

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At Stellantis, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

So my Jeep is no longer at the body vendor. It’s either being held for additional quality control inspection, or waiting on transport. Which I don’t understand why they can’t tell which one it is? But at least it’s out of the body vendor.
Welcome to Purgatory 🍻. I've been here since Friday morning. I can't get any clarification either, and I keep hearing the same canned response. I really hope it's just waiting on the long train from Ohio.

PBosch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
Anyone else in the “gathering parts” phase at home while you wait for your jeep. Mesh top, soft top, the tubing to stuff between the fender and body…
Yep, ordered sliders and floor mats, with more to come. I laughed at the floor mats that arrived, telling my wife they sure would look better with a Wrangler wrapped around them.

Sponsored

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
We need a comprehensive list for those of us who are impatient for the first one to get their XR to answer. Things like:

- Is the CAD gone on the front axle with the XR edition beefed up front axle?
- Are the flare extensions removeable by themselves so I dont rip them off on the first trail I take it on?
- Is there any badging denoting its an XR edition that Jeep didnt say anything about?
- Any interior changes that they didnt tell us about?

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

We need a comprehensive list for those of us who are impatient for the first one to get their XR to answer. Things like:

- Is the CAD gone on the front axle with the XR edition beefed up front axle?
- Are the flare extensions removeable by themselves so I dont rip them off on the first trail I take it on?
- Is there any badging denoting its an XR edition that Jeep didnt say anything about?
- Any interior changes that they didnt tell us about?
Did you mean FAD? or is CAD something that I don't understand?

I want to know all this as well! Also,

- How much real world extra lift is there

- What color are the wheels and beadlock rings

- Whats going on with the rear tail lights? Are they spaced out from the body?

- You take that thing off any sweet jumps?

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon

Most everyone has it as CAD when looking at skids - Center Axle Disconnect. But yes, same thing.

I also forgot - are the shocks upgraded (Fox like Gladiator Rubicon, etc.) or the standard red and black fare.

Ditto on your other questions!

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Most everyone has it as CAD when looking at skids - Center Axle Disconnect. But yes, same thing.

I also forgot - are the shocks upgraded (Fox like Gladiator Rubicon, etc.) or the standard red and black fare.

Ditto on your other questions!
Good to know. I really hope they 86'd that thing.

bckly

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Occupation
Engineer
haha good to know it doesn’t get easier even after being in D status for a month 😭
Finally in D1 as of this morning!
Ordered 7/30
Vin: 8/2
D status: 8/2
D1: 8/30

Sponsored

Agr1144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 10th Anniversary

I’m pretty sure I saw some you tubers that had 392’s that showed the FAD/CAD was not there on them. Just a cover plate I believe. Somewhere along the way I’ve seen that XRs have the same upgraded front axle that the 392s have. All speculation but putting these together I’d think all XRs would then lose the CAD.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I’m pretty sure I saw some you tubers that had 392’s that showed the FAD/CAD was not there on them. Just a cover plate I believe. Somewhere along the way I’ve seen that XRs have the same upgraded front axle that the 392s have. All speculation but putting these together I’d think all XRs would then lose the CAD.
Oh no... don't the 392s have CV shafts or something weird going on with the front axle?

Robbierob021

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK Sahara
So if my XR is either waiting for transport or additional quality inspection…. In theory I should be getting my sticker correct?

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

So if my XR is either waiting for transport or additional quality inspection…. In theory I should be getting my sticker correct?
I haven't seen one yet. I did get my build sheet the day before it went to storage though

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Not sure. On my other 2 orders (None XR's), I got my sticker after being shipped. Not saying that's how it's working now. IDK? Usual build sheet after build and sticker after ship. You can usually find your Jeep/sticker on your dealers website after ship. It will say incoming.
Sponsored