First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
You are most likely waiting for additional vehicles going to your geographic vicinity. Can’t send just 1 Jeep, need to reach the threshold for your area.
This is true, but...

I was driving towards Toledo yesterday and saw a car hauler pulled over on the side of the road. Every. Single. Jeep. had dark bronze wheels with a silver trim ring. Later I saw another hauler on which every Jeep had black wheels in a style I didn't recognize.

Take this with a grain of salt as I didn't get a good look, just a drive by flash, but I suspect we are going to see pictures posted here soon. I was the first one with half doors to post. Who's going to be first XR to post?

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I think I read somewhere the XR package might do away with the FAD but I don't remember the source and I'm not sure how reliable that information is. Does anyone else remember seeing something about this and have anything that lends to it being a creditable rumor?

KJiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392 XR, 1996 Porsche 911
This is true, but...

I was driving towards Toledo yesterday and saw a car hauler pulled over on the side of the road. Every. Single. Jeep. had dark bronze wheels with a silver trim ring. Later I saw another hauler on which every Jeep had black wheels in a style I didn't recognize.

Take this with a grain of salt as I didn't get a good look, just a drive by flash, but I suspect we are going to see pictures posted here soon. I was the first one with half doors to post. Who's going to be first XR to post?
I wonder if these are press cars for an XR event, like what Ford is doing with the Raptors the last few days

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Alright boys and girls, since I have so much time on my hands waiting for my JLUR XR, I scrubbed recent postings in this thread and made a spreadsheet showing options ordered and build progress. Hope it may shed some light on what's holding things up.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiWr6LBdXPAXgbMgtqAvFoNSKOsjSQ?e=59hPND

Please DM me if you'd like to add, update, or delete your information. The best way to contribute is to send me a screenshot of your POC's options section, and let me know if your build has progressed further. Note this spreadsheet is for 3.6 or 392 XR only.

So far it appears that the four 3.6 XR orders (me, @galleywinter, @jessebkr87, @Badfish) that are stuck in D have Safety Group in common; *And* Safety Group was the only common option not ordered by those who have progressed to D1. Please note this is based on very limited data, so take my conjecture with a huge grain of salt.

[Edit 2021-08-19] Well my "Safety Group" myth has been debunked! There is at least one person who ordered Safety Group and moved to D1.

@Membrain Does your 392 tracking include XR and detailed options? If so, could you point me to that spreadsheet? Would be happy to merge either way if feasible.
Sorry, I'm a slow reader... :)

Screenshot 2021-08-29.jpg

Last edited:

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Third from the top is me except its 2018 JL to 2021 JLUR392

YellowNJTJ02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Yellow TJ, 15 F-150, 21JLUR(on order)

Sponsored

Robbierob021

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK Sahara
Gotta get my info to Rent, looks like no other Gecko XRs being tracked. Reached out to JC on Friday, "Vehicle has been built and pending installation of additional equipment"

Order date 8/5/21
Nice! Hopefully it’s not long. I’ve been stuck in additional equipment purgatory for 6 days now. :(

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Gotta get my info to Rent, looks like no other Gecko XRs being tracked. Reached out to JC on Friday, "Vehicle has been built and pending installation of additional equipment"

Order date 8/5/21
Woohoo first Gecko XR. It's very easy to spot in the spreadsheet! :like: