Sponsored

Plate relocation with Teraflex Alpha carrier??

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks...will you post pics?
I haven't messed with it as the camera works, but the wiring for the camera is a bit tight as you can see in the pic. It does disconnect behind the plate though. You're basically gonna substitute the gray camera section and brake light, then slide the motobilt tag relocation backing on the studs, then the spare tire, then the plate portion if that makes sense.

rps20200414_140923.jpg

rps20200414_140906.jpg
Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Also food for thought.. before we get too ahead of ourselves.. look in my garage and look at my motobilt bumper with this current set up. It's on the highest stud settings for the spare tire carrier and I'm on 35s... Just thought I'd let you know

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Also food for thought.. before we get too ahead of ourselves.. look in my garage and look at my motobilt bumper with this current set up. It's on the highest stud settings for the spare tire carrier and I'm on 35s... Just thought I'd let you know
Thanks...what do you have the tag light wired to? I just spent a good bit of time wiring and splicing the RC light into the passenger rear taillight and would like to reuse that wire if possible .

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks...what do you have the tag light wired to? I just spent a good bit of time wiring and splicing the RC light into the passenger rear taillight and would like to reuse that wire if possible .
It should work. I did it differently. I'm almost 100% positive that motobilts instructions talked about splicing into the tail light for the power. What I did was brought the wiring loom from the original tag light back up into the cab ran it across, added some length to it and ran it into the tailgate to connect to motobilts provided wiring harness.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
It should work. I did it differently. I'm almost 100% positive that motobilts instructions talked about splicing into the tail light for the power. What I did was brought the wiring loom from the original tag light back up into the cab ran it across, added some length to it and ran it into the tailgate to connect to motobilts provided wiring harness.
The Motobilt kit is pushing $200 and I'm not crazy about their rear brake light. I drilled some holes and lowered the tag a little over an inch. Looks decent.
6OYuqeM.jpg

Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
The Motobilt kit is pushing $200 and I'm not crazy about their rear brake light. I drilled some holes and lowered the tag a little over an inch. Looks decent.
6OYuqeM.jpg
It looks good, and if you're satisfied why change it? It is a bit pricey and I will admit where the plate attached to the frame, I had to re-drill holes in the plate to line up to their set up. The brake light is rather small. I haven't been pulled over yet so I assume it will suffice. But who knows.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Jeep Wrangler JL Plate relocation with Teraflex Alpha carrier?? 6OYuqeM
Can you share some pics of your modifications to lower it?
Sponsored