Daytonsizz

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLU Willy's wrangler
Go out and treat ur self to a new fuel cap …..may be worth the investment

Update: no..It's not the fuel cap... I just got done with the diagnosis stage at Jeep and it's a faulty High pressure fuel pump and fuel Line going to the rear I was told. I assume this may be the case for most of us with the "limited performance service fuel system" issue, some worse then others. And its probably something to do with QC for the 2022 part why it's only affection this year and model. I'm not a mechanic but based on what I've been told by Jeep this is what I've concluded
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sirikta

Sirikta

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport Altitude
Update: no..It's not the fuel cap... I just got done with the diagnosis stage at Jeep and it's a faulty High pressure fuel pump and fuel Line going to the rear I was told. I assume this may be the case for most of us with the "limited performance service fuel system" issue, some worse then others. And its probably something to do with QC for the 2022 part why it's only affection this year and model. I'm not a mechanic but based on what I've been told by Jeep this is what I've concluded
Wait.....do we finally have a fix?!?!

JKWMD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon; 2021 JLU Sahara
So, I've been getting this message periodically as well since my 2022 JLUR was new. The thing is, although a fix would be nice, I've never had any actual limited performance despite the brief warning. Has anyone getting this warning ever actually noticed a problem with drivability?
If it's just a glitch and doesn't cause any actual issue, I'm just going to leave well enough alone.
Thoughts?

Sponsored

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Local Government Official
I'm having this issue on my 2022 rubi as well. I haven't really noticed a performance issue, just a brief warning message while cornering hard or deceleratiing.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
In my mind, "drivability" and "performance" are two different things.

I can see FCA saying "live with it" or even patching the firmware to ignore it rather than replacing all those pumps and lines if that's the culprit.

Were it me, I would want what I bought to work as it's supposed to, not merely "drivable".

Daytonsizz

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah thing is how long will It just be a message for some or all of you, If all of the pumps and or fuel lines for the high pressure system are faulty it will eventually cause issues. My dealership defined my vehicles state as "undrivable". I'd suggest keeping a close eye on this issue and if it gets worse start with the high pressure fuel system.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yeah thing is how long will It just be a message for some or all of you, If all of the pumps and or fuel lines for the high pressure system are faulty it will eventually cause issues. My dealership defined my vehicles state as "undrivable". I'd suggest keeping a close eye on this issue and if it gets worse start with the high pressure fuel system.
what exactly did they determine was the problem with the pump? Sounds like more guesswork from FCA part changers.

wn0x

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2.0L
I'm having this issue on my 2022 rubi as well. I haven't really noticed a performance issue, just a brief warning message while cornering hard or deceleratiing.
Happened to me again tonight as i hit the brakes to decelerate. 22 rubi with less than 800 miles.

Sponsored

Littleredhen

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubicon 2.0
I saw it driving it home from the dealership when I bought it but it flashed so fast I couldn't read it. Happened slowing down for a stop sign. Fast forward 2 weeks and it comes on again last night as soon as I let off the gas decelerating from 55 on flat ground. Touch the gas again and it goes away. No performance issues felt. Definitely spooky to see in this brand new Jeep that cost me double what anything else I've ever had cost! 2022 Rubicon 2.0t.
Jeep Wrangler JL "Performance Limited" Error code 20220708_162718

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392
Occupation
IT
Anyone have any updates on this? I get this message atleast daily and sometimes multiple times per drive.

Daytonsizz

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have any updates on this? I get this message atleast daily and sometimes multiple times per drive.
They are currently replacing my high pressure fuel pump, it was faulty from factory and broke at 2000km .. been on back order for 2 weeks .. I had the same error 2 times before it went on me .

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392
Occupation
IT
They are currently replacing my high pressure fuel pump, it was faulty from factory and broke at 2000km .. been on back order for 2 weeks .. I had the same error 2 times before it went on me .
yeah I think you’re the only person that’s had a confirmed failure possibly related to the error message.

Que

First Name
Quenasia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
My 22 Jeep has cut completely off while in drive twice and once while in reverse with this message… I got this car brand new and I’ve only had it for 6 weeks
Sponsored