"Performance Limited" Error code

JerseyJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep wrangler rubicon extreme recon
So I to Had this pop up for the first time on my 2022 JLUR XR with 2.0 10k + mi. No drivability issues and happened when I was braking sorta hard for a light. Had a half tank of premium fuel. Has not happened when accelerating at all. No check engine light. Engine performance hasn't changed and fuel milage stayed the same 21-22 avg mpg. Just finished reading the STAR engineering case. Very interesting... no haven't take'n it to the dealer and won't unless I get a check engine light. Hope Jeep can figure this out.
Sponsored

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
We're still being told to ignore it, huh?

Every time somebody posts in this thread, I get excited thinking that the fix is out!

I give up LOL.

Redmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL 2dr Rubicon
Just got this messages today on decel. 2022 jl 2dr rubicon 2dr 2.0t auto. No codes on advanced scan.

As I recall the pcm/ecu for the jeeps were changed to a different part in late 2021. So far only 22 and 23 models seem to have this issue. Seems like something related to the tune or hardware on the new pcm/ecu may be driving this issue? Thoughts?

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
I've learned to ignore this message. It rarely pops up, doesn't seem to actually be an issue, and it goes away almost as instantly as it appears. I have a '22 JLUR 2.0.

terpstation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL
I have been getting this message on my 2022 JLU 2.0 since 3,000 miles. I am now at 23,000. I have let the dealership know of the open case as I have been googling like crazy. I brought her in for an oil change on Saturday and they told me they had to do a software update that took care of it. They billed Chrysler and told me it was taken care of. I have driven about 250 miles and have not seen it - which is amazing. I am optimistic!

Sponsored

Omen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys 2.0
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Manager
Mine would pop up once in a while from the first week I got it late last spring until winter hit. I hadn't seen the message for six months, until yesterday. It was 91 degrees F yesterday and I saw it twice within 15 minutes while only half way through my journey. It never showed up again by the time I got home. Both instances were low speed (40mph and less) decel related and just for a few seconds. No real performance issues and mileage is steady at 21.8 per the EVIC. Since it had been so long without the message, I thought I was done with it. Oops, I guess not.

Mine is a '22 that has seen 91 octane 'recommended quality' gas for all but maybe the first 2 months of initial ownership. 87 octane from the same source in the early days. Being a turbo, I decided that 91 ws a healthier option for the motor, in spite of the costs. Interestingly, mileage improved after a couple of tanks of 91 and has been steady since. "Break in" never seemed to have any bearing on mine.

Just this annoying EVIC message...

Omen

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
14k miles. 2022 JLUR Never used 91 octane just less expensive circle K gas for me.
I rarely get the message (less than 7 times of ownership).

my .02 is the message pops up usually when seeing vacuum on the turbo (decelerating) as it quickly goes away when I touch the accelerator.

I would guess eventually there will be a ECU patch / upgrade that increases the the delay in time of vacuum before the alarm pops up.

Pramod

First Name
Pramod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
This issue popped up for the first time on my 2023 JLUR 2.0L, and I was accelerating hard.
I went through all 28 pages to know there was no solution, should have looked at the last page first!
Nonetheless, good to know it doesn't have any known significant issues.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

TIME TO GET FLASHED BABY!!!!

on April 2023 a service bulletin came from Jeep Europe, see attached. Erased the system and installed an updated one. Problem fixed!

Show this bulletin to your dealers and they will solved it once and for all! It’s been torturing me for whole 9 months :)))

Jeep Wrangler JL "Performance Limited" Error code 1686176080130

SandR87

First Name
Aleksandre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU 2022
Yeap :) Was me who experienced that, was go post in this forum as well :)) Even now am pushing the pedal as hard as I can to make it pop up, bit it DOES NOT :))))))

Sponsored

Buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 M38
Awesome! Just had this happen again the other day. With 7/8th full tank.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So, my JLU...that has a whopping 1044 miles on it has been getting a dash pop-up that says "performance limited service fuel system." The dealer claims they've never seen that...I can't find any info about it online...and I'm starting to think it's a reoccurring fever dream at this point.

Has anyone else had any experience with this?
If you have fixed the problem, you likely know this....

https://jeepmaven.com/what-does-the-performance-limited-service-fuel-system-warning-mean-what-to-do/

If you haven't, then I hope my post helps.

DaveL
Toronto

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Does anyone have a complete copy of the TSB and has anyone actually had a dealer perform the fix to their satisfaction?

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score