"Performance Limited" Error code

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392
Occupation
IT
Another bites the dust …… Add me to the list I suppose. Yesterday about 3 miles after putting gas (87 Shell Gas since day 1) at 2774 mi, while making a right turn and decelerating the message popped up for about 10 sec then it went away. “Performance Limited Service Fuel System” I do have a Sahara 2.0L Automatic and this is the first time I see this happen. My Jeep is lifted with 35s what is weird to me is that I had a 2020 Sahara 2.0L Automatic with the same lift and 35s and I was getting about 19-20 mpg and in the 2022 I am only getting 16-17 mpg. Either way I’m taking in next week to the dealer and see what they say.

Bring the Star Case with you so they can look it up and see if there are any updates.
Sponsored

Azad

First Name
Azad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Do you have a link to the Star case? Or we’re can I find it
Is there anything else I/we can do to increase the concern level about this issue? Who can we contact? Who can we email? I HATE driving a brand new vehicle spending a lot of money just to having to deal with issues like this.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Another bites the dust …… Add me to the list I suppose. Yesterday about 3 miles after putting gas (87 Shell Gas since day 1) at 2774 mi, while making a right turn and decelerating the message popped up for about 10 sec then it went away. “Performance Limited Service Fuel System” I do have a Sahara 2.0L Automatic and this is the first time I see this happen. My Jeep is lifted with 35s what is weird to me is that I had a 2020 Sahara 2.0L Automatic with the same lift and 35s and I was getting about 19-20 mpg and in the 2022 I am only getting 16-17 mpg. Either way I’m taking in next week to the dealer and see what they say.
If you need support at the dealership, let us know!

Kate
Jeep Cares

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

@JeepCares is there a confirmed fix for this? I have had the warning pop up intermittently since about 2,000 miles, but my Jeep still drives normally (as far as I know).

I would prefer not to be without my Jeep for who knows how long if there is no guaranteed fix.

Sponsored

Azad

First Name
Azad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
If you need support at the dealership, let us know!

Kate
Jeep Cares
Is there something that can be done in a more formal matter? Where can we officially report this issue I am sure the Forums is a very informal way of getting anything accomplished.

Please let us know.

Thanks

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
Ah yes. Pass the buck on to a high-school kid on an apprentice program to solve all the worlds problems before taking roughly 45 seconds to pop the hood and look at the fuse box first. Far less ridiculous.
Ummm, sure if it had 20,000 miles, but a week off the lot? It goes back even if I know what it is.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
The whole 'check your fuses' regurgitation is really getting old.
55 years working vehicles, two blown fuses. Blown. never had a lose fuse. If there is, i want it documented as fail number one for lemon law return.

Sponsored

JAY.Turbo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler XR Rubicon 2.0T
Same thing happened to me 2022 JL 2.0T W/Xtreme Recon, message and all. Brought to the dealer, said no fix just yet this was about 6-8 weeks ago now.

I was getting 22-24 mpg before got the message, now I'm averaging 17 mpg. It seems as if I've lost 6-8 mpg on average at the same given speeds.

I would have much rather bought a 392 than get this mpg from a 2.0T. I love the 2.0T before it gave me this BS. Jeep just needs to belt out a new tune/ecu changes to get it back to normal.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Same thing happened to me 2022 JL 2.0T W/Xtreme Recon, message and all.

I was getting 22-24 mpg before got the message, now I'm averaging 17 mpg. It seems as if I've lost 6-8 mpg on average at the same given speeds.
I have never got 22-24 mpg on my 2.0L.

397 gallons and 18.7mpg Ave so far. But I do go off-road so those trips are also averaged in there and that is non exterme JLUR on little 33”.

Pancake_Willys

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU Willys
just to bring some more bad news to this thread, this problems lives on in the 2023’s. The “Performance Limited Service Fuel System” error message keeps randomly popping up in my 2023 Willys 2.0L. It only flashes in for 1-2 seconds and then it disappears. I only have 4k miles on it, and I first noticed the message around 2700 miles.
I've called 3 different dealerships in my area, and they all told me that unless it’s in the screen when I bring it in there is nothing they can do to try to diagnose it. And the best part is that They all stated that they’ve never heard of this issue, even after I gave them the Star case #. One dealer literally told me not to bring myJeep in and waste their time, unless the message was on the screen.
Note: I’ve gotten the message after using 87, 91 and 93 octane gas.
anyone have an update on this?

A4642D99-2527-481C-AD5F-5FA4AD463289.jpeg

Buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 M38
@Pancake_Willys are you actually losing power or performance?

If not, and with no CEL, it’s pretty much normal. The consensus is that it’s a product of the Wrangler shallow fuel tank and the fuel pump or pickup sucking in air briefly. (Usually during braking, slowing).
Sponsored