"Performance Limited" Error code

Pancake_Willys

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU Willys
@Pancake_Willys are you actually losing power or performance?

If not, and with no CEL, it’s pretty much normal. The consensus is that it’s a product of the Wrangler shallow fuel tank and the fuel pump or pickup sucking in air briefly. (Usually during braking, slowing).

@Pancake_Willys are you actually losing power or performance?

If not, and with no CEL, it’s pretty much normal. The consensus is that it’s a product of the Wrangler shallow fuel tank and the fuel pump or pickup sucking in air briefly. (Usually during braking, slowing).
@Buster1 thanks for the response. I’m not having any power loss when it pops up. It’s still just as slow as it was when I got it, lol.
It seems to pop up within a few minutes of filling up my tank. And then it’ll pop up a few time until I get to around 1/2 a tank, then I don’t typically see it again until the next time I fill up. Thanks again for the info. For now I’m going to chalk this up as a nuisance. I’m documenting the miles every time it pops up, to see if it starts happening mode frequently.
Sponsored

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392
Occupation
IT
I got it today 5 times under various braking scenarios.
I can pretty much predict when it will pop up.

TechSarge

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
My 22 2L just started popping this message this week after filling up with my second tank of premium at Kwik Trip. Always when breaking but not every time. Anyone have an idea? This is the first two tanks of 93 octane from Kwik Trip, same station. I typically fill up at Costco and just started alternating 87-93. 11k miles and have run 87 the majority of those miles.

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
I only got it after filling up and braking too. It has not shown since going past 2,000 miles.

jonyothan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 2dr 2.0T, '10 BMW 335i
Occupation
Fleet Maintenance Technician
Vehicle Showcase
My jeep flashes this message every time i do a hard acceleration or go full throttle. its always gone when i let off and no fault codes. Ive only ran 91 or 94 octane since new. and it drives fine and feels fast as it should but my fuel consumption is way worse than advertised on the sticker im getting 19mpg

Sponsored

rodmaroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
My JLUR with 2.0 L Turbo also flashes the Performance Limited message when I'm hard accelerating. I consider this a safety issue as I lose power when accelerating to merge into highway traffic. I suddenly feel it lose power and am unable to accelerate. When I look down at the dash I see the Performance Limited message. I've now had it into the dealer where I bought it for service three times. The first time I took it in (Nov 2022) I was given a copy of a star publication released in July 2022 outlining the problem. The publication says there are "usually" no driveability issues but my JLU definitely has noticeable driveability issues in conjunction with the message. The message also stays on till I'm able to stop, turn off the engine and restart the engine so I have multiple photos of the message.

tempImage4rUs9J.png

tempImage3ZY7Jf.png

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
My JLUR with 2.0 L Turbo also flashes the Performance Limited message when I'm hard accelerating. I consider this a safety issue as I lose power when accelerating to merge into highway traffic. I suddenly feel it lose power and am unable to accelerate. When I look down at the dash I see the Performance Limited message. I've now had it into the dealer where I bought it for service three times. The first time I took it in (Nov 2022) I was given a copy of a star publication released in July 2022 outlining the problem. The publication says there are "usually" no driveability issues but my JLU definitely has noticeable driveability issues in conjunction with the message. The message also stays on till I'm able to stop, turn off the engine and restart the engine so I have multiple photos of the message.

Jeep Wrangler JL "Performance Limited" Error code tempImage3ZY7Jf

Jeep Wrangler JL "Performance Limited" Error code tempImage3ZY7Jf
Then you have a different problem. Get er fixed.

MidwestJeeper

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge JLU Willys 2.0T
Occupation
Engineer
Add me to this issue list.

2022 Willys with the 2.0T. 2960 miles.

Happened today for the first time - 1/4 tank of gas, getting 19.8 mpg (used to get 21-23 depending on city/hwy mix). Took a right at a stoplight and accelerated, then let off the throttle to a complete stop, before taking a left into my subdivision.

Fault message popped up and vanished before I could get a picture.

Did not notice a drivability issue yet. I am taking the Jeep back out later this evening after the traffic clears to see if I can make the code pop up again.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Add me to this issue list.

2022 Willys with the 2.0T. 2960 miles.

Happened today for the first time - 1/4 tank of gas, getting 19.8 mpg (used to get 21-23 depending on city/hwy mix). Took a right at a stoplight and accelerated, then let off the throttle to a complete stop, before taking a left into my subdivision.

Fault message popped up and vanished before I could get a picture.

Did not notice a drivability issue yet. I am taking the Jeep back out later this evening after the traffic clears to see if I can make the code pop up again.
Hey there. If this concern continues, we'd suggest a visit to your preferred Jeep dealership. If you need any support while there, let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
@JeepCares Kate, My dealer said there is nothing they can do unless it happens and I go to the dealer without shutting it down. Not useful if it happens on my way to work. Suggestions?

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares Kate, My dealer said there is nothing they can do unless it happens and I go to the dealer without shutting it down. Not useful if it happens on my way to work. Suggestions?
Thanks for the tag. Since we are not trained technicians, we recommend that you follow the suggestions of your dealership or perhaps obtain a second opinion. Let us know when your Jeep is in for review, we can certainly provide you more support then.

Kate
Jeep Cares

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Thanks @JeepCares , How do I make anyone aware of it if they won't create a ticket? I know you're not techs but 27 pages of this post is enough evidence that there is an issue. I'll try to make it happen today and we'll see what happens.

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Has a technical service bulletin come out for this? Sitting at the dealer now for an error he says is vacuum related. And leaking shocks. And “Performance Limited Service Fuel System “.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs