Sponsored

"Performance Limited" Error code

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Responding to a 22-month-old question? Agreed.
The same people complaining about old threads being bumped are also the same crying about people not using the search feature. You were never required to reply and as someone else pointed out there's still a lot of "idk" regarding the fix for this issue.
Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
Wow, I stepped on some toes there. The actual post Treds replied to is from 22 months ago. I know there are recent posts in this thread; I personally would have replied to a recent one and not one that old—such as the 4xe post from the same day to notify you, Bruh, that there might be an answer to your question. But anyway, I digress, and I don’t have an answer for you, Bruh.

if you skim through all 29 pages, there's basically no answer to fix this problem. Some people get it fixed, others don't, for some people it goes away, no one seems to really know exactly what fixes this problem. It seems to have a multitude of remedies. 👍
I’ll be honest, I assumed you replied to the very first post in this thread before you read 29 pages of replies. I am sorry I thought so poorly of you. I have no problem bumping old threads—and I don’t even consider this thread old. It just seemed like you did not read before your **ahem** help.

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I agree. That's the benefit of forums like this, some questions will go unanswered for years. And any help is better than no help.

Realistically speaking though, it's probably a electronic issue. The fact that some people have brought it to the dealership and they did something to it and it came back fixed and hasn't had the problem since, and the fact that the engine ain't doing shit, and other people have had zero issues the second they switched over to 87 octane fuel... It seems like it's a general electrical issue.

Multiple causes, multiple fixes, sounds like a computer problem to me. Something happens and the computer puts it into a sort of limp mode. Engines can be finicky at times. But the fact that seems to be a common enough issue in that the fixes are in a wide variety of ways, sounds like a software issue.

Don't tell @JeepCares I said that! :CWL: 🤪 ;)
The ETC fault can be caused by many different things, for most of this thread, I recall, nobody had any sort of actual power derate at all. This new guy has a normal repairable problem.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
The ETC fault can be caused by many different things, for most of this thread, I recall, nobody had any sort of actual power derate at all. This new guy has a normal repairable problem.
I'll be honest guy, I only really came in here to make jokes.

Jeep Wrangler JL "Performance Limited" Error code giphy (21)

Sponsored

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Has anyone at all had this problem permanently solved????? It seems like some people have drivability issues and some don't.

I'm assuming this issue likely pertains to the 2.0l, I can't tell if everyone here has a 4xe but I'm getting this issue with my 4xe.

My dealership seems to be struggling figuring it out and they've done the reflash in this thread, the problem came back right away.

I'm getting the "Performance limited service fuel system" message in addition to a CEL and power loss, I'm pretty much just running on electric mode and the 2.0l has no power to give. I can't replicate the conditions as it seems completely random.

My Jeep is at the dealership for the 3rd time with this same issue and this time alone it's taken 2 1/2 weeks and they still haven't solved it.

I have a 2022 4xe with a little less than7,000 miles on it.
Hi there,

Please send our team a private message with your VIN and we can connect you with a case manager who can provide support while your vehicle is at the dealership.

Blair
Jeep Cares

Omen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys 2.0
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Manager
I had the TSB applied a month ago and, using highway on ramps to test, I have been unable to duplicate the 'Service Fuel System' error. In my case, the issue, or error, only occurred after a hard acceleration leading immediately to engine braking. Let's hope it's fixed.
Although it's probably a placebo effect, my JL is running different (read:better). It seems the boost comes up a little quicker than it used to, but it may be that things are 'worn' in now. We will never know what Jeep did in their programming.

On a side note, keep an eye on your coolant overflow reservior. It's old news that they crack, but I caught mine weeping coolant from the seams and had Jeep replace it. Sadly, they gave me the exact same junk that failed before.

Omen

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Local Government Official
Sorry to revive this again. My Jeep has been to the dealer 7 times since it rolled off the lot in December of 2021 for coolant leak issues. I have had the "Performance Limited" message ever since week one but only noticed a slight performance difference 2 or 3 times. Usually it happened after sustained driving then a quick deceleration for traffic or an off ramp. After I got the jeep back from it's 7th trip to the dealer and a water pump/thermostat replacement, I got a P0203 code and noticeable rough idling. The Performance Limited message now comes up regularly. I had the warranty tow it to the dealer and provided them with the TSB in this thread. I'll keep y'all updated.

Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
@FNFTW

First JLU was a 2019. Leasing dealer refused to do the steering gear TSB when it first came out in Canada. @JeepCares referred me to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Service who helped out.
They put me in touch with Team Chrysler Jeep on Mavis in Mississauga just south of 401. They were very helpful and changed the steering gear out.
I'm impressed with their service.
And the help I received.

Hope this helps.

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Local Government Official
Just got word from my dealer I have a cracked cylinder head. They found coolant in cylinder 2. They think that's causing both messages on mine. They're suspicious mine could have been that way from the factory and has expanded over time.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

Let’s see if we can make this the longest post in this forums history!!!

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Wasn't there a Technical Service Bulletin that came out on this? My Jeep just dumped all its coolant so while it's at the dealer maybe they can do the TSB. And the parasitic drain. And the...
@JeepCares - It doesn't seem like the dealer knows how to fix this. Or the parasitic drain. (3 batteries so far)
Sponsored

Last edited: