Sponsored

Pedal Commander review

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Installed in about 5 min. Works well, it is easier to shift smoother now, and the Jeep feels more responsive, especially in 2nd and 3rd gears. Just a bit of more low-end torque from 1.5K RPM, and it would be perfect!
@voland

With your Manual 6, what Pedal Commander setting are you using?

With my 8 speed auto, I'm using City... no plus or minus.

By the way... I have had a few back and forths email wise with Pedal Commander, the company...... Their Rep told me not to change Pedal Commander settings on the fly. Doing so could possibly cause a CEL related to throttle controller.

I had changed numerous time on the fly and never an issue but again, when I asked Pedal Commander they said best not to do that..

Sponsored

voland

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS M6
Vehicle Showcase
@voland

By the way... I have had a few back and forths email wise with Pedal Commander, the company...... Their Rep told me not to change Pedal Commander settings on the fly. Doing so could possibly cause a CEL related to throttle controller.

I had changed numerous time on the fly and never an issue but again, when I asked Pedal Commander they said best not to do that..

I had it on City plus 4 initially, then dialed down to City plus 1. I installed it 4 hours ago, still getting used to it.

Thanks for the info about changing settings on the fly.

Zoofin59

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU SAHARA
@voland

So just installed pedal commander 2 days ago. I adjusted a few times on the fly and worked fine. But theres been 2 separate times its thrown a CEL. With full lost of power and had to pull over and thankfully had my scan tool and cleared the code. Then everything was is working order again. Anyone else had this issue yet? I'm seriously thinking about returning it. If my wife is driving it and it throws a CEL she ain't gonna be able to clear it. Like I said both times I was changing setting on the fly. I'm gonna drive it a few hundred more miles without adjusting on the fly and see what happens

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
So just installed pedal commander 2 days ago. I adjusted a few times on the fly and worked fine. But theres been 2 separate times its thrown a CEL. With full lost of power and had to pull over and thankfully had my scan tool and cleared the code. Then everything was is working order again. Anyone else had this issue yet? I'm seriously thinking about returning it. If my wife is driving it and it throws a CEL she ain't gonna be able to clear it. Like I said both times I was changing setting on the fly. I'm gonna drive it a few hundred more miles without adjusting on the fly and see what happens
@Zoofin59

A very recent post in this thread I made, mentioned what the Pedal Commander rep told me..

The Rep, told me not to change Pedal Commander settings on the fly.

YOU undoubtedly had the CEL thrown because you changed settings on the fly which is YOUR ERROR.

Can tell you I have had my Pedal Commander installed since 4/4/19 and have accumulated 3,000 miles since then, and not one CEL has been thrown. NO, I have not changed settings on the fly but Yes, have changed settings.

My take on the Pedal Commander..... terrific addition to the JL.

On edit 12/18/20: The Pedal Commander to use on the JL, used to be PC07 but the part number was changed to PC78. IF you have a PC07, that is the same unit as a PC78.
Pedal Commander - PC78 for Jeep Wrangler JL (2018 and newer) Fits All Trim Levels; Unlimited, Sport, Sahara, Rubicon | Throttle Response Controller with Bluetooth

Last edited:

sm16

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 2016 BMW X6M
No issues here. I’ve driven about 300 miles on it and it’s working flawlessly. I have not switched setting on the fly, but only upon start-up. Are you sure it’s plugged in all the way and the harness lock clicked-in?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hydroboy35th

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
After I put my lift & 35’s on I changed my setting to sport. The 35’s slowed things down a bit but changing to sport put it back to normal. Feels great.

22DD98AD-A88D-4823-BBD9-78F9F1173824.jpeg

JeffS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Jeep JL Sport, 2018 Orange Jeep Sahara
I installed the Pedal Commander in my JLU and it made a big difference. After I installed the lift and the 35" tires, the response in the jeep felt a bit sluggish. I set mine to Sport Mode + 4 for now and the response is very nice. Maybe a bit too nice :) I may dial it back a bit.

IMG_0833.JPG

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
@sm16

Yup, I was mumbling the same after I installed it and 2,000 miles later, I'm still mumbling it.

I'm 70 years old and enjoying the hell out of the increased throttle response..

Its' hard for me to believe that all the younger crowd here are not rocking the Pedal Commander.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In regard to the Pedal Commander.... It can be had right now at Northridge 4x4 for $247.95 if you use the forum code..

A little bird told me... that soon Northridge 4x4 will probably be forced to sell the Pedal Commander for no less then $299.99.. because of MAP agreement..

SO, anyone wants a Pedal Commander, now is the time to buy, as soon, the price will increase by $52.04.

Any dealer/warranty issues with it installed? Should it be removed when bringing in for service?

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Will cause warranty issues if they notice it. If you hide your installation they will never know unless they are airing on your dash. That is aslong as you use the app to chand your settings back to normal before dropping off.

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
You can buy the Pedal Commander for JL for $247.95 at Northridge4x4. Use forum discount code.. jlwranglerforums

Doubtful, that you will find a cheaper price. CAREFUL buying on Amazon. There are pirated or whatever units being sold there presently for about $199.. Those units should be avoided.... not authorized so no warranty, etc..

Only one to buy from at Amazon is from the actual company "Pedal Commander" that sells on Amazon. They are getting full boat for their units on Amazon... no discount as their authorized vendors are giving. i.e. @Northridge4x4

For another forum thread in regard to the Pedal Commander, go here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/pedal-commander-now-in-stock.16958/

Took your advice on getting from Northridge 4x4 used code above even paid for overnight shipping... went to look for package today only to find they stopped the order on their side only after charging my account for the product saying it hit their online fraud detection... I found this quite funny as they way they notified me was only by an email from a person not the company name directly so it went to spam... Now they had all of my phone info correct address and again no issue in charging me for full amount and overnight shipping... When i asked why didn't you just call me they advised it is their policy to only send emails and said if i want they could process it now or just refund but no explanation why they flagged it as fraud but still happy to bill my account then hold shipment... I told them to just refund and I will be honest i will never use that company again... i do many transactions with various companies and have never had any issue so i am not sure if they had problem due to me using code that took off $60 from the top...

Sponsored

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think they would stop order fulfillment for the reason you mentioned. They had an openly advertised 20% OFF code for Memorial day that took off $60 from the top for PC. No issues with order fulfillment and I received it properly. Northridge 4x4 is a reputable merchant and their concerns might be genuine. Over the years I have experienced that small /new e-commerce shops do not have all the complex backend processes in place to handle exception processing properly ... fraud detection, reverse logistics / returns, etc and hence the poor customer experience.

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
What is everybody’s setting on daily driving?
Sponsored