Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my Pedal Commander today and the installed was pretty easy. I used a small flat head screwdriver to release the red lock tab on the coupler. The Pedal Commander makes a huge difference in the way the Jeep feels. Depending on where you have it set at the gas pedal can be like a light switch on or off lol. I’ve found having a manual transmission that I like it in the “city” setting “plus 4” the best. The pedal commander app works great also, it’s really nice not having to tear anything apart to adjust it you can do it right from your phone in seconds. The install is easy, it has great adjustability, and works pretty well. A recommended product!

1D813647-A94B-4D39-B797-E526B8D98D49.jpeg

CEE4EFB7-0560-49DF-9302-BEDF4C5AFA2A.jpeg

B1DA13E7-22A0-4B2E-BEEE-2875486A9D28.jpeg
Sponsored

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Totally agree! Just installed mine last night and in Sport+ I was chirping tires. Takes a little getting used to but great product.

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Does Eco Mode improve MPG and responsiveness compared to the JL's stock settings?

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Setting it to sport 2 or 3 made it feel as responsive as my TJ. Well worth the cash.

Kicharo

First Name
Nathaniele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2011
Occupation
Welder
The way pedal scammer works is that it takes the peddle position interrupts the signal and tells the throttle a new position. So if you depress the pedal 20% it tells the throttle you've depressed it 30%. It doesn't actually improve throttle response the way you could with a tune.

Here's the deal https://10carbest.com/pedal-commander-review , you could achieve this with your foot. And to boot, once you get used to the new peddle sensitivity from it changing the positions, it won't fool you the way it does at first when you're like OMG my pedal is so much better.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
The way pedal scammer works is that it takes the peddle position interrupts the signal and tells the throttle a new position. So if you depress the pedal 20% it tells the throttle you've depressed it 30%. It doesn't actually improve throttle response the way you could with a tune.

Here's the deal https://10carbest.com/pedal-commander-review , you could achieve this with your foot. And to boot, once you get used to the new peddle sensitivity from it changing the positions, it won't fool you the way it does at first when you're like OMG my pedal is so much better.

Fortunately, I did not listen to the info spewed in this post. I took it you were implying the Pedal Commander was not a plus to have lets say..

I realize now, there is no way you actually installed and tried a Pedal Commander on a JL.

Suggest other's do as I did.....install the Pedal Commander and try it yourself. You have 30 days to try and if not happy return it for a full refund.

The Pedal Commander does exactly as advertised, and yes, I can attest, it does make a very positive change in the throttle response on the JL.

For another forum thread in regard to the Pedal Commander, go here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/pedal-commander-now-in-stock.16958/

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed my Pedal Commander today and the installed was pretty easy. I used a small flat head screwdriver to release the red lock tab on the coupler. The Pedal Commander makes a huge difference in the way the Jeep feels. Depending on where you have it set at the gas pedal can be like a light switch on or off lol. I’ve found having a manual transmission that I like it in the “city” setting “plus 4” the best. The pedal commander app works great also, it’s really nice not having to tear anything apart to adjust it you can do it right from your phone in seconds. The install is easy, it has great adjustability, and works pretty well. A recommended product!

1D813647-A94B-4D39-B797-E526B8D98D49.jpeg

CEE4EFB7-0560-49DF-9302-BEDF4C5AFA2A.jpeg

B1DA13E7-22A0-4B2E-BEEE-2875486A9D28.jpeg
@Hydroboy35th

I followed your lead so to speak, in where to attach to the JL. Yes, a good location for the Pedal Commander. Thanks for your review and pics.

Out of the 36 levels of response, after 200 miles, I have settled in with City Driving (no plus or minus). IF there is a need to be more aggressive lets say, I will set to City Driving plus 2 probably.

I have an 8 speed transmission in my 3.6L, JL, 2 dr. Rubi.

I really like the Bluetooth connectivity in regard to the PC. The app is very good. Thanks to the Bluetooth connectivity, I don't have the Pedal Commander unit, staring me in the face... it's stashed out of sight.

Funny...... It took me longer to figure out how to get the Pedal Commander out of it's impressive, showcase plastic box, then to get it open, then it did to install the Pedal Commander.

51C9dr-INiL._SL1080_.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can buy the Pedal Commander for JL for $247.95 at Northridge4x4. Use forum discount code.. jlwranglerforums

Doubtful, that you will find a cheaper price. CAREFUL buying on Amazon. There are pirated or whatever units being sold there presently for about $199.. Those units should be avoided.... not authorized so no warranty, etc..

Only one to buy from at Amazon is from the actual company "Pedal Commander" that sells on Amazon. They are getting full boat for their units on Amazon... no discount as their authorized vendors are giving. i.e. @Northridge4x4

For another forum thread in regard to the Pedal Commander, go here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/pedal-commander-now-in-stock.16958/

Sponsored

WranglerBoost

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Turbo
Thanks for the review, very interesting. I've heard some positive things about it.

snowtx1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Does this get rid of the rev hang issue? That drives me nuts.

sm16

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 2016 BMW X6M
OMG! Why didn't the JL come from the factory this way??! Love it and super easy to install.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OMG! Why didn't the JL come from the factory this way??! Love it and super easy to install.
@sm16

Yup, I was mumbling the same after I installed it and 2,000 miles later, I'm still mumbling it.

I'm 70 years old and enjoying the hell out of the increased throttle response..

Its' hard for me to believe that all the younger crowd here are not rocking the Pedal Commander.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In regard to the Pedal Commander.... It can be had right now at Northridge 4x4 for $247.95 if you use the forum code..

A little bird told me... that soon Northridge 4x4 will probably be forced to sell the Pedal Commander for no less then $299.99.. because of MAP agreement..

SO, anyone wants a Pedal Commander, now is the time to buy, as soon, the price will increase by $52.04.

voland

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS M6
Vehicle Showcase
Installed in about 5 min. Works well, it is easier to shift smoother now, and the Jeep feels more responsive, especially in 2nd and 3rd gears. Just a bit of more low-end torque from 1.5K RPM, and it would be perfect!
Sponsored