Paint Issues

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
I have had my first Jeep (2020 Wrangler Sahara Altitude) for exactly a year to the day and it has been a decent experience. Mechanically the car has been great but quality wise it has been a nightmare.

I picked the car up with a paint flaw in the freedom panel that was replaced under warranty before the car was protected as well as ceramic coated. I thought the Jeep was going to be in good shape for years until my hinges, hood and fenders started corroding and cracking.

I hope Jeep will correct this issue for current and futures owners so nobody else will have this headache. I have faith Jeep Cares will help me get mine back to the condition it needs to be in. Having three different shades of black on mine is not ideal.

Jeep Wrangler JL Paint Issues BEE39C0E-BA78-4F0B-BF77-751CBE6A6A52

Jeep Wrangler JL Paint Issues 7E4162F5-926E-4364-B7F6-77567A61BE3C

Jeep Wrangler JL Paint Issues 1934DAFC-2877-4087-B384-2853B761B652

Jeep Wrangler JL Paint Issues 68E327E3-B2C6-43B5-AF50-5D7F6328F602

Jeep Wrangler JL Paint Issues 42AA5837-DAD8-44C4-AEA0-3C3531657FDA

Jeep Wrangler JL Paint Issues 6105D04D-A41A-4F64-9717-B93ED35E4AF4
Sponsored

Jared1956

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 1964 CJ3B 1967 CJ5
Really thinking hard about refusing my order when it comes in. It doesn’t sound like FCA has this galvanic corrosion issue solved yet?

Not looking good!

OP
OP
EvanH84

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Really thinking hard about refusing my order when it comes in. It doesn’t sound like FCA has this galvanic corrosion issue solved yet?

Not looking good!
I will keep you posted how @JeepCares handles it.. I am planning on having it evaluated next time it goes in for service..

Jared1956

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 1964 CJ3B 1967 CJ5
I will keep you posted how @JeepCares handles it.. I am planning on having it evaluated next time it goes in for service..
From what others have said on here, they are just repainting the panels without addressing the underlying causation.

I was hoping they had found a solution but it doesn’t look like it. They are still pumping these out at the factory knowing they are going to be spending thousands to repaint all of them in the next few years. A class action will be filed that will force them to continue to repaint these outside of warranty as well is my guess. These are the dumb decisions that bankrupt companies.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
It would be interesting to poll the forum of people who have owned their wranglers more than a year who have paint issues. The fender paint issue is not galvanic corrosion- but the hinges certainly are...

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi @EvanH84
Please follow up with our private message once an appointment is confirmed. We look forward to assisting you alongside your dealer service.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Ethan

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Metal Fabricator & Stuff
Hi @EvanH84
Please follow up with our private message once an appointment is confirmed. We look forward to assisting you alongside your dealer service.

Kathryn
JeepCares
I too have bubbling paint around all door and hood hinges. I brought my 2018 JLUR to my local dealer and they are telling me that it is covered under warranty, but that their preferred body shop is booked indefinitely and that I'll have to take it up with the selling dealer.... isn't a warranty issue a warranty issue and any/all dealers have to take care of the issue? After all, that same dealer just replaced my PDC because the factory left out relays, fuses, a circuit board connections for the Aux Switches and trailer plug... Seems like Jeep should have a list of body shops that are authorized to take care of these paint issues?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I too have bubbling paint around all door and hood hinges. I brought my 2018 JLUR to my local dealer and they are telling me that it is covered under warranty, but that their preferred body shop is booked indefinitely and that I'll have to take it up with the selling dealer.... isn't a warranty issue a warranty issue and any/all dealers have to take care of the issue? After all, that same dealer just replaced my PDC because the factory left out relays, fuses, a circuit board connections for the Aux Switches and trailer plug... Seems like Jeep should have a list of body shops that are authorized to take care of these paint issues?
We are certainly sorry to hear about the difficulty you are facing with your dealer, and would be happy to assist you further in addressing your paint concerns. Please send us a private message with your VIN so that we may look into this further for you. Thank you,

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP
EvanH84

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Mine has been in since the 1st of the month and I am still waiting to get it back. Hopefully the entire Jeep was redone like it needed to be.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You guys gotta stop looking so closely. You’re never going to enjoy your life if these are the things that cause you stress.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
You guys gotta stop looking so closely. You’re never going to enjoy your life if these are the things that cause you stress.
It would be hard to unsee a crappy unnecessary defect in a $60,000 rig that an owner has worked for years to buy. That said stress is a response that never helped anything...but I understand why it would be hard to control.

VTSpam

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed
I have bubbling on a door, hood, and multiple hinges on my 2018 JLUS. Dealership that i bought it at told me a similar story. “There are lots of people ahead of you. We’ll call you when you can bring it in.” I emailed @JeepCares with my details.

Are people saying the whole Jeep should be repainted???

OP
OP
EvanH84

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
I have bubbling on a door, hood, and multiple hinges on my 2018 JLUS. Dealership that i bought it at told me a similar story. “There are lots of people ahead of you. We’ll call you when you can bring it in.” I emailed @JeepCares with my details.

Are people saying the whole Jeep should be repainted???
It all depends on the quality of work the shop will do. There are plenty of nightmare stories of people having mismatched paint.

OP
OP
EvanH84

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
It would be hard to unsee a crappy unnecessary defect in a $60,000 rig that an owner has worked for years to buy. That said stress is a response that never helped anything...but I understand why it would be hard to control.
^ this. I bought my JL because I was worried about the price of repairs and depreciation on other cars I was looking at (Macan S, Audi S5). I probably have lost more money on my Jeep with the đŸ’© stain on my carfax from getting it repainted twice.
Sponsored