Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
My daughter got some type of overheating warning on the dash of her JL last night, so she immediately shuts it off and call me. I show up and there's coolant all over the place, so we get it on a flatbed to our local dealer to see what happened. 2022 w/ 21k miles. Curious what happened. I'll update this post when we get an answer.

Jeep Wrangler JL Overheated 2.0L JL IMG_2576
Sponsored

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

OP
OP
OldBlue

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the TSB was for the loose bolt? That was my first thought, but I thought that was for models prior to '22, if I remember correctly. We had the TSB done on the wife's '20 a while ago.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OldBlue

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, maybe that is it. I see the TSB is dated 3/22/22, and she bought it new almost exactly a year ago.

failsafe306

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2.0
Build Thread
Link
I believe the TSB was for the loose bolt? That was my first thought, but I thought that was for models prior to '22, if I remember correctly. We had the TSB done on the wife's '20 a while ago.
Mine is a ‘22 and I got the TSB.

diesel_dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 4xe
For those worried about their crap service department messing up their Jeep, you can easily do the coolant fastener TSB yourself. Just need the right tools and some blue threadlock.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

Yep, known issue, TSB issued.

Known issue?!?!?!?!?
Jeep Wrangler JL Overheated 2.0L JL 1677607552274

I just got off the phone with the service department at the stealership Mike Shaw Jeep in Greeley CO. The dude said he's never heard of this before and has no idea what I'm talking about. He then asked, "is there an actual problem with the water pump right now? We don't do maintenance, only if there's a problem."

I wanted to reach through the phone and punch him in his stupid face. I had to go and find all the information and give it to him and he wrote it down in the notes and said, "hopefully someone understands this otherwise we'll have to call you back."

I swear, the people they hire for stealerships and taco bell are required to take an IQ test, if they FAIL, they're hired.

Why can't the manufacturers just pay US to do the work, give me the parts for free and pay me $150/hr for labor based on the book saying how long it should take. Do you realized how many happy customers they'd have?!

@JeepCares - Your stealership peon monkeys are morons. I'm in a pissy mood today so I'm just going to not bite my tongue. I bet when I get the Jeep back it'll only have 3 wheels and they'll say they don't know what happened to the other two. I'd put money on it there's 3 other things wrong with my vehicle after they "fix" it. Can I take it to ANY ASE certified shop to have the work done? Independent shops have intelligent mechanics working there generally.
Sponsored