Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Mine was completed today (4 weeks after the uconnect was bricked). It appears to be working well. Unfortunately I now get the "Stop/Start Unvailable Service Stop/Start system". It is going back in tomorrow.
Damn! From good news to bad. They actually finished mine today, but as luck would have it I was not available when they called and will have to pick it up tomorrow.

I hope they get yours sorted out quickly.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Radio was installed yesterday and unfortunately when they called to inform me of its completion, I was not near my phone. So I will pick it up today! Looking forward to being reunited with my Wrangler. :fist bump:

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Picked up Jeep today. No XM radio and no GPS. Serius XM gives message of no signal contact dealer and GPS cannot locate a satellite. How the hell do you replace a radio and not test all of its functions prior to signing off on it. Either they forgot to connect the antenna, it’s a bad connection or bad radio. WTF??? Ohhh but wait, there’s more.

The assistant service manager that has been handing all of my Jeeps’s problems actually hit my Jeep with his truck. The end cap on the driver side is scraped up some and the fender piece with the front LED is loose. His truck took the brunt of it.
He was completely honest about it and ordered a new end cap and fender.

I have front mud flaps installed to the front fenders. Wonder how they will approach that? I fully expect them to transfer it over to the replacement fender. The fun never ends!

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Mine was completed today (4 weeks after the uconnect was bricked). It appears to be working well. Unfortunately I now get the "Stop/Start Unvailable Service Stop/Start system". It is going back in tomorrow.
Picked it up again today. They replaced the auxiliary battery and told me the Stop/Start warning would go off after 5 or 6 starts. I"m not sure why they wouldn't clear the warning themselves if that was the case. It hasn't cleared and it sounded suspicious to me anyway. I"ll do a few more tests in the morning and probably head back there again.

The uconnect seems to work as expected at least.

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Well, needs another radio. They tested with know good antenna and still no SAT Radio or GPS. Replacement radio expected arrival is May 24th! WTF??? He will attempt to get one rushed over, we shall see.

Fender and front bumper end cap were replaced. I was told they transferred my Weather Tech mud flap over to the new fender and it looks good. I will be the judge of all of this when I pick it up today. Will bring it back once the second replacement radio arrives.

Never in my life have I had an OEM radio fail. Guess I am due, LOL. To be continued.............

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Well, needs another radio. They tested with know good antenna and still no SAT Radio or GPS. Replacement radio expected arrival is May 24th! WTF??? He will attempt to get one rushed over, we shall see.

Fender and front bumper end cap were replaced. I was told they transferred my Weather Tech mud flap over to the new fender and it looks good. I will be the judge of all of this when I pick it up today. Will bring it back once the second replacement radio arrives.

Never in my life have I had an OEM radio fail. Guess I am due, LOL. To be continued.............
How frustrating, good perseverance though

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
How frustrating, good perseverance though
Half ass job on fender and mud flap replacement. 2 fasteners were missing that hold the fender to the fender liner and a u-clip for one of the screws for the mud flap was missing.

I will rectify both of those issues myself. Inexcusable, especially since they needed replacing due to the assignat service manager hitting my parked jeep.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Half ass job on fender and mud flap replacement. 2 fasteners were missing that hold the fender to the fender liner and a u-clip for one of the screws for the mud flap was missing.

I will rectify both of those issues myself. Inexcusable, especially since they needed replacing due to the assignat service manager hitting my parked jeep.
Sucks that if you want a job done right you have to do it yourself. It seems like finding people who take pride in their work is increasingly difficult to find.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Sucks that if you want a job done right you have to do it yourself. It seems like finding people who take pride in their work is increasingly difficult to find.
I sent him a nasty-gram this morning, LOL.

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I will also mention that the radio audio sound quality is much improved. Not sure if it the software update, or the replacement radio itself for some reason.

I noticed it right away using Sirius Sat radio, it was much clearer and crisper sounding than before.
My wife also noticed the difference. So far, so good with the replacement radio.
Sponsored