Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
About
The JL Trailgater®is engineered specifically for the 2018-19 Jeep JL Wrangler and replaces the whole plastic inside tailgate cover. It utilizes the same proven design used for our JK Trailgater, has a larger table and cutting board and mounts to the JL tailgate using 9 proprietary injection molded blind nuts. The JL Trailgater also keeps available the 3 mounting points in the center of the tailgate.

• 10 minute or less installation. No drilling required!
  • 1.8″ of depth from the tailgate when stowed.
  • Stainless Steel hardware used throughout
  • The bamboo cutting board conveniently slides under the table and the assembly folds up and is held in place with two rattle free spring latch pins.
  • The table is 25″ x 14.5″ and the slide out cutting board is 12″ x 20″ for a combined 600 square inches of surface area.
  • 14 gauge (0.075″) food-grade Stainless Steel, the backsplash is 0.120″ powder coated Aluminum, both are CAD designed, laser cut, CNC bent, and deburred.
  • Max weight capacity is set at 40 lbs.
Whats in the Box?

Pretty much out of the box you get the Trailgater Table, a set of instructions and a zip lock bag with the screws, washers and clip inserts needed for the Installation.

IMG_1319.jpeg

Installation
Step 1:
Remove the Plastic Cover from the Tailgate. I find it easiest to pull it out where the wiring harness goes through the plastic trim panel.

IMG_1321.jpeg

Step 2:
Insert the 9 Green Plastic Clips in the locations shown below. You can also reference the instructions for the locations as well. At first I thought I missed a spot but they give you one extra.

IMG_1326.jpeg

Step 3:
Prepare the back of the cutting board by putting the foam as close to the edge as possible.

IMG_1325.jpeg

You need to remember to cut out a section with the wiring loom passes to the tailgate. See the image below.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Step 4:
Open the table so you have access to the screw holes and remove the wood cutting board to make it lighter to hold up while you screw in the screws. On the Right side Latch is where you will bolt in the included bolt and washer. The instructions recommend tightening the screws hand tight. You don't want to strip the plastic trim pieces.

IMG_1328.jpeg

INSALLATION COMPLETE
There you have it. Its a very easy and straight forward install and literally takes about 15 minutes to do.

IMG_1331.jpeg

IMG_1332.jpeg

silver

First Name
Jeannie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver JLUR
It seems very heavy, just by itself. I have one of these tables, but I haven't put it on yet. My tailgate is already holding a bigger wheel and tire. I don't think the tailgate reinforcement is reinforced enough. It doesn't do anything to help the hinges.

part time artist

First Name
yj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jl
It was so easy after seeing this posting!!
So appreciate!!

If still difficult, You can see my video below!!

Mud2Sno

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
whats the measurement of the cutting board? looks a little bigger that the drop down surface? is it 25 or 26? and 5 or 6 inches are in the slot for support? is so could you measure it so I might use another cutting board and thickness?

Sponsored

part time artist

First Name
yj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jl
whats the measurement of the cutting board? looks a little bigger that the drop down surface? is it 25 or 26? and 5 or 6 inches are in the slot for support? is so could you measure it so I might use another cutting board and thickness?
It's little bit longer than down surface. between 25 and 26! about 65.5cm!!

67.5cm x 30.5cm x 1.1cm!!

I really like the cutting board!! good quality!! I bought because of the cutting board!!

Mud2Sno

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
It's little bit longer than down surface. between 25 and 26! about 65.5cm!!

67.5cm x 30.5cm x 1.1cm!!

I really like the cutting board!! good quality!! I bought because of the cutting board!!
Thank you! this helps. stay safe!

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Does the Outback table affects the closing of doors?
Just wondering because it seems to close the vents in the tailgate.

One of the improvements of the JL compared to my previous JK, is the ease you can get the doors shut, and I wouldn't like to go a step back again, by affecting the interior venting.

Though a bit pricey, the Outback table is on top of my list because of its nice integration/fit.

Last edited:

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Does the Outback table affects the closing of doors?
Just wondering because it seems to close the vents in the tailgate.

One of the improvements of the JL compared to my previous JK, is the easy you can get the doors shut, and I wouldn't like to go a step back again, by affecting the interior venting.

Though a bit pricey, the Outback table is on top of my list because of its nice integration/fit.
Zero issues closing the doors with ours after installing this morning and taking the Jeep off road all day today. We were in and out of the Jeep at least 20 times to clear trails and check our best lines.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
@Focker thank you for your feedback :like:

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know What’s the overall weight of this table .
the table weighs 24# and it’s rock solid, I currently have a 35” KO2 hanging off the back of my standard tire carrier using a RC relocation bracket and my tailgate has not dropped any, not sure what the tailgate is rated for but I think read somewhere it was rated for like 70-80# after adding a 35” tire

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
the table weighs 24# and it’s rock solid, I currently have a 35” KO2 hanging off the back of my standard tire carrier using a RC relocation bracket and my tailgate has not dropped any, not sure what the tailgate is rated for but I think read somewhere it was rated for like 70-80# after adding a 35” tire
I had stock Rubicon rims (2018) mounted on the back with RC relocation bracket on Panagonia 37’s wheeling for over two years and have Han no problems with my tailgate. Oh, I have the outback tailgate table as well!
Sponsored