Ordering Process

Doug Huse

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, Fire Cracker Red, 2019 Winnie M/H, Kia
I'm new to the ordering process. I live in the San Diego area and there are probably 7 dealerships within 30 miles not counting all the dealers out of county less than 125 miles away. I want to price shop. Do I have to personally visit the dealerships to get their pricing? Is there an order sheet I can fill out and just fax it to a specified person at each dealership? And expect to get their best price? What is invoice vs MSRP vs FWP when you're talking discount? When I determine a dealer, do I ask to see the "invoice" before I close the deal? I am paying cash. Do I tell the dealer I will finance thru them? Better Deal? Any other first time buying tips you can pass on will be appreciated. Anybody have a favorite dealer in the So Cal area? I don't mind flying to Las Vegas either if the deal is best. More fun to be had there then just picking up a new JLR and driving it home. Thanks to all in advance.
Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Jim marsh and apparently the San Juan Capistrano dealer will do 5% under invoice as long as you have an affiliate rewards membership like tread lightly or access fund.

Email first, then call and try to get email I guess. :)

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
Please keep us in the loop in your experience. Interested to hear how it goes. I emailed dealers and positioned the forum, military, and affiliate program. Best I got was 3% off an order or 5% off if purchased off the lot

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Ordered ours from Jim Marsh, Antonio is easy to work with and w/ Tread Lightly will get you 5% under invoice. They have a huge stock on the lot too and might have what you want on their lot for similar savings. Here's my thread on that here~
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/picked-up-our-ordered-jl-from-jim-marsh-today.22282/
Here's a couple price links for 2 & 4 dr models to compare Invoice vs. MSRP pricing. And if you don't get a Rubicon BE SURE to order the anti-spin rear differential, it's the best $560 option you can check.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-2-door-jl-order-guide-and-pricing-u-s.15025/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...4-door-jlu-order-guide-and-pricing-u-s.15026/

H_ORNELAS

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR | 2019_GTI
I'm new to the ordering process. I live in the San Diego area and there are probably 7 dealerships within 30 miles not counting all the dealers out of county less than 125 miles away. I want to price shop. Do I have to personally visit the dealerships to get their pricing? Is there an order sheet I can fill out and just fax it to a specified person at each dealership? And expect to get their best price? What is invoice vs MSRP vs FWP when you're talking discount? When I determine a dealer, do I ask to see the "invoice" before I close the deal? I am paying cash. Do I tell the dealer I will finance thru them? Better Deal? Any other first time buying tips you can pass on will be appreciated. Anybody have a favorite dealer in the So Cal area? I don't mind flying to Las Vegas either if the deal is best. More fun to be had there then just picking up a new JLR and driving it home. Thanks to all in advance.
Hi Doug, I'm in Los Angeles & planning on ordering a JLUR in November so naturally I've been stalking the forums like a hawk for the best deals. Currently, the best deal to be had in So.Cal is at the San Juan Capistrano dealer which is offering 5% under invoice on MY 2020 orders (as previously mentioned). Jim Marsh in Vegas is also offering 5% under invoice BUT you'll have to keep in mind that there is a long & tedious DMV process to bring a new car into Cali. If i'm not mistaken, Jim Marsh also forces you into their financing options in order to receive the 5%. This is detailed here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/socal-by-way-of-vegas.8801/page-12#post-613657

A few things to consider, No one has actually taken delivery from the SJC dealer but so far all ordering reviews have been positive. Also, you'll need to sign up for Tread Lightly in order to qualify for these deals (in both locations).

Hope this helps!

Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Hi Doug! I cross-shopped multiple dealers in the greater San Diego area, and ultimately ordered my new JL through Poway Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram. The staff at this smallish dealership was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and most importantly (to me) not pushy. I dealt mostly with Sean and Phil, and got what I think is a good deal with no drama. Overall a very positive experience.

I ordered in April, and I was not finding attractive discounts (on 2019s) in the San Diego area at that time. I took discount info I obtained from this forum to Poway, and negotiated an acceptable price on exactly the Jeep I wanted to order.

I negotiated to a price with the stipulation of no dealer add-ons, and the folks at Poway honored that agreement. The message in this is, be careful focusing strictly on a "% off" MSRP or invoice as you shop, as you may get a rude surprise at the end of the process in the form of unanticipated dealer add-ons (e.g., security systems, sealers, undercoatings) if you do not address these out front.

Regarding the "order sheet", see the thread entitled: 2020 Jeep Wrangler JL ORDER GUIDE (2-Door) or the corresponding 4-door thread for the "order sheet" and MSRP pricing for various trim levels and options.

And...don't stress out; enjoy the hunt! :like: :jk:

konigs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Earlier this week I placed and order and (refundable) $1000 deposit at San Juan Capistrano Jeep with Rob. I got this contact from someone else's post on this forum (I believe it was MallCrusher949, thank you!)

Called Rob up (he prefers old fashioned calls over email for initial contact), he explained he offers 3% below invoice + 2% if you have tread lightly for a total of 5% under invoice, no add-ons or additional fees required. he took the packages I wanted over the phone and sent me an order sheet with prices by email to confirm it looked correct. I confirmed, sent my deposit and he placed the order. super simple process! using my own financing unless jeep financing can beat my credit union's rates. but the 5% under invoice is regardless of whether you finance with jeep or not.

Rob Trachtman
Fleet Director

Courtesy Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Of Orange County
Dealer 26941
32881 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano Ca 92675
949-373-0145
954-864-5162 cell

OP
OP
Doug Huse

Doug Huse

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, Fire Cracker Red, 2019 Winnie M/H, Kia
Thank you for the responses. San Juan sounds like it may fit the bill, as long as those swallows decide to take the day off. Still wondering which price we are talking about getting discounted. FWP and MSRP are both mentioned on the cost sheets on this site. Is one of these the "invoice" price? And I am a member of Tread Lightly.

Oceanminded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Thank you for the responses. San Juan sounds like it may fit the bill, as long as those swallows decide to take the day off. Still wondering which price we are talking about getting discounted. FWP and MSRP are both mentioned on the cost sheets on this site. Is one of these the "invoice" price? And I am a member of Tread Lightly.
I'm also in the LA area and have been eyeing Rubicon's for awhile now. Couple questions. How do I find out invoice of vehicle and what is the 5% under invoice equivalent to as far as dealer discount off MSRP. For example I'm seeing average dealer discounts anywhere from $2000-$7000. The Rubicon I am looking for with options is around $53,000 MSRP give or take. What type of discount should I shoot for if buying off of a lot vs ordering. Probably won't be able to purchase till next year 2020 so hoping maybe I can find a 2019 deal around that time.

Thanks

konigs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm also in the LA area and have been eyeing Rubicon's for awhile now. Couple questions. How do I find out invoice of vehicle and what is the 5% under invoice equivalent to as far as dealer discount off MSRP. For example I'm seeing average dealer discounts anywhere from $2000-$7000. The Rubicon I am looking for with options is around $53,000 MSRP give or take. What type of discount should I shoot for if buying off of a lot vs ordering. Probably won't be able to purchase till next year 2020 so hoping maybe I can find a 2019 deal around that time.

Thanks
Use this tool!

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...or-2019-1-8-below-invoice-pricing-added.3193/

Sponsored

konigs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWP is invoice price.

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Thanks
There's a spreadsheet in the forum stickied that lets you calculate the FWP (aka invoice), you can also ask the dealer to do it. 5% below invoice is ~10% off sticker (isn't an exact science since some options have a higher invoice price than other, similarly-priced-at-MSRP options)

Hgill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20JLUR
I just picked up my Jeep from Rob at San Juan Capistrano. His prices are great, and he makes the buying process super easy. Theres no pressure to buy extra stuff, he doesn't sell accessories or anything like that. Real easy to work with, and straight to the point honest guy.

There are a bunch of people on this forum that bought from him, check out their posts here https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recommended-dealers-list.1227/page-106

He does 5% off the invoice price (FWP), and also keep in mind you have to be at the $100 level member with Tread Lightly for the FCA discount, and have to have been at that level for at least a month.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190911114451466_COVER.jpg

Hgill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20JLUR

Thanks
I thought the same thing, I went to my local dealer, they had like 15 2019 fully loaded Rubicons on their lot, and a couple 2018's. I thought I could negotiate a better deal there, but I was wrong. They would not come down on price, and then they got the general manager involved and he showed me the invoice price, and told me that he can't let it go for less than that.

And so I ordered from Rob at Courtesy in San Juan Capistrano, he got me 5% below invoice on a 2020 custom order.

Now that its later in the year, you probably can find I good deal on existing 2019 wranglers, but I bet Robs deal is still better, if not the same price, and your getting a 2020.

But go out and try making deals with those dealers.
Sponsored