Picked up our ordered JL from Jim Marsh today

1. blnewt

blnewt Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep JL Sport S, Infiniti G37, Toyota T100 (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
    Liked:
    #1 Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    Ordered from Antonio Magana @ Jim Marsh in Las Vegas, NV on 10/18/18, VIN was issued 2 days later and was in D1 a few days later, was built and in Toledo railyard 2 weeks later. Antonio put a hold on the shipping since we couldn't get out to Vegas until today 1/21/19. Jeep was delivered to Jim Marsh Dec. 14 and they held it on the lot for the last month. With TreadLightly offer applied I got it for 5% under invoice and a $529 doc/title fee. No extra pop-ups at signing.

Jeep was ready for my inspection, took it out to test the steering, passed with flying colors. Checked the paint and frame welds carefully, again, everything checked out fine. They then detailed it while I was finishing the paperwork, no surprises, and the salesman Craig did a nice job going over the details/features on the JL, filled it up with gas and made sure every question was answered.

They did offer various warranty pkgs, but being in Vegas I'm gambling and running w/ just the factory warranty. If things start going south in that time frame I can move on, but hopefully it will be a long & positive ownership experience. Off to a good start and I highly recommend going through Jim Marsh for your Jeep transaction.

new jeep pic.jpg

2. OP
    OP
    blnewt

blnewt Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Got it home last night and had to make a few changes, Jeep was great on the drive home, steering & handling was perfect, a nice first 1000 miles!

100_4015.JPG

100_4023.JPG

Yeeper, CanAmMick, RMojitoJL and 2 others like this.
  3. sourdough

sourdough Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle(s):
    Rubicon,Golf, Highlander,Ram3500 diesel 4x4 with Tiger RV coach,
    Liked:
    triple dipping
    I tried working with them. Wrangler I wanted is a low optioned JLR. They wanted me to finance and have T.L.A. for 5% under FWP. My problem was I never could find out how much the short term loan was truly going to cost. Read some where $600 minimum, I was going to pay off in minimum time allowed. That charge ? and a high Doc fee( $500 vs California $80) and travel expense's ($200) were taking a bit bite out of the 5% discount. I found a local dealer(at end of the month) willing to do T.L.A. 1% under FWP. There just isn't enough saving to justify going to Marsh.
    I guess if I wanted a high optioned JLR, the dollar percentage of discount saving would have made a difference.

4. OP
    OP
    blnewt

blnewt Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Sounds like in your situation the extras added up to minimize the deal. We wanted to get to Vegas since we go out there 3-4x a year so planning a vehicle purchase along w/ our trip was icing on the cake. Timing worked out well as far as order/ship/delivery so have no complaints in our situation. Doc fee is a bit on the high side though, looks like you worked out well in that regard (about the only time something is cheaper in Cali lol).

5. Yeeper

Yeeper Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Range Rover Turbo Diesel
    Liked:
    Who did you deal with? I’m a Vegas local and I’ve heard great things about their dealership. Also heard Melinda the Sales Manager was excellent as well.

RMojitoJL likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    blnewt

blnewt Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Antonio Magana is the one to deal with when going w/ a special order, I'm sure the sales staff in general is good to deal with for vehicles in stock at the lot. Marianna was my initial contact over there and was nice to deal with, she referred me to Antonio for the order.

RMojitoJL likes this.
  7. RMojitoJL

RMojitoJL Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Skyler
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2016 Honda Civic
    Liked:
    Loan Officer
    Agreed Antonio is who you want to talk with on a special order. Great customer service. Charleen is always awesome! They kept me informed, were up front and both our 19' Grand Cherokee Altitude (12/24/2018) and my Mojito Rubicon were ready to pick up when I walked in the door. I would defiantly recommend them to anyone! :like:

blnewt and Yeeper like this.
  8. Yeeper

Yeeper Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Did you get a good price? This will be my first ever purchase and I’ve never liked haggling at the dealers! Not even sure how to go about it!

9. OP
    OP
    blnewt

blnewt Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Check these two threads, this will get you the invoice pricing. If you get Tread Lightly this will get you an additional 1% below invoice. When dealing w/ Antonio and you go w/ the Tread Lightly you should get 5% below invoice. Make sure you crunch your own numbers and compare w/ what he comes up with. My numbers matched his from the get-go so I knew I was dealing w/ the right place :)
    https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...4-door-jlu-order-guide-and-pricing-u-s.15026/
    https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-2-door-jl-order-guide-and-pricing-u-s.15025/
    FWIW this is essentially the same as employee pricing :)
    If they have a JL on the lot that has what you're wanting you might even get a better price, Jim Marsh has a large Jeep inventory so keep those pricing guides handy so you know how you're doing w/ various models/pkgs on the dealer lot.

Yeeper likes this.
  10. Yeeper

Yeeper Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    I missed this post, thanks so much for the links!!!

11. RonAZ

RonAZ Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ron
    Vehicle(s):
    2012 Rubicon JK
    Liked:
    I need to stay out of Vegas. Last time I flew in it cost me $50,000! But it was a very nice drive home.

blnewt likes this.