Oracle flush mount tail lights!!!

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Tail lights look nice. And I'm especially interested in anything that makes the reverse lights brighter, since the stocks are pretty dim.

Two quick questions for anyone in the know:

1) I don't seem to find them on the site. Probably just missed them. Anyone have a link?

2) What's up with the space with the oracle badging on the light? Seems like dead/wasted space. Does it like pop out and accept another reverse light or something?

Cheers!
1) click new products from main page and it's on the 2nd row

2) It covers the blindspot monitoring sensor, you don't want anything dense or electrical over that. It can be changed out, Threedom is working on replacements, if you don't have BSM you could fab up a light solution.
Sponsored

OP
OP
X-Treme

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
with the Tazer do you just toggle the LED tail light setting off/on? I'm installing mine tomorrow probably and figure ill have the same issue as everyone else
My daughter switched the LED tail light to off, then back on and then clear CEL’s and then do a full reboot if you wish, i have had no more problems since. These tail lights are awesome and the reverse portion is so effing bright, i lit my neighbor’s house up last night!

OP
OP
X-Treme

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Happily Retired
Looks good...but I bit too much like a Ford Bronco...!
Actually, they are nothing like the bronco lights, having watched Lite Brite’s bronco in their video last night as the bronco tail lights are protruding just like the ones i removed from my Jeep to put these new ones in.

terryb

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Just installed the Oracle lights and having issues with blind spot sensors. Driving down the highway in the middle lane the sensors will come on maybe 1 out of 30 cars that are in my blind spot. It appears they have changed the orientation of the sensor dramatically and wonder if that's the issue. I did put my OEM tail lights back on and they work fine.

If others could check and chime in it would be greatly appreciated. Love the lights but not willing to give up blind spot detection. So they will be returned if this is an issue.

@Jazzicon Whose product are you using for the rotopax mount.

OP
OP
X-Treme

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Happily Retired
Just installed the Oracle lights and having issues with blind spot sensors. Driving down the highway in the middle lane the sensors will come on maybe 1 out of 30 cars that are in my blind spot. It appears they have changed the orientation of the sensor dramatically and wonder if that's the issue. I did put my OEM tail lights back on and they work fine.

If others could check and chime in it would be greatly appreciated. Love the lights but not willing to give up blind spot detection. So they will be returned if this is an issue.

I have had no issues with the blind spot monitoring. went out on saturday and purposefully watched the mirror to make sure they functioned as advertised and they picked up every vehicle while i was actively watching the mirror.

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
They're wire-wound resistors and are not needed if you have factory LEDs.

The canbus issue is fixable with a tazer or jscan.
I understand and I have both, but that seems to be something that Oracle should have sorted before going to market. For those who do not have a Tazer or JSCAN are they expected to live it with it?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I understand and I have both, but that seems to be something that Oracle should have sorted before going to market. For those who do not have a TAzer or JSCAN are they expected to live it with it?
@CarbonSteel

Agreed, Oracle Lights should have done properly beta tested of this offering.... and had a remedy for this issue, before selling the lights.

Had Oracle Lights, done proper beta testing, this issue with LED optioned vehicles, would have surfaced during that beta testing... then dealt with before they started selling the offering..

For a few months now, Oracle Lights has been saying a fix is coming for this offering... that has issues when installed on an LED optioned JL or JT..

Still no fix, months later.. Oracle Lights still says the fix is near, get on a waiting list for it and first come first serve for the fix, so to speak...

Yes, if you have a Tazer JL Mini or JSCAN you get do a dance with one of those so you don't get the EVIC notices, etc..

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

1) click new products from main page and it's on the 2nd row

2) It covers the blindspot monitoring sensor, you don't want anything dense or electrical over that. It can be changed out, Threedom is working on replacements, if you don't have BSM you could fab up a light solution.
Awesome. Thank you!

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
Ive had mine installed since Friday and the more I see them on the Jeep, the more they grow on me. I'm very happy with them so far. I've already had someone ask me "where did you get those" since they've never seen before. Plus the reverse lights are really bright.

EE66EAEF-B291-42A1-A5BE-D6514E56C0B7_1_201_a.jpeg

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I understand and I have both, but that seems to be something that Oracle should have sorted before going to market. For those who do not have a Tazer or JSCAN are they expected to live it with it?
Agreed, it should have been better tested prior to release. They have owned up to it and are supposedly working on a solution. For those without a device to fix it they can either put back in their OEM, live with it until a solution comes, or purchase a device to fix it. I think having a jscan or tazer would be in most people's best interest outside this issue.

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase

The sensor orientation faces the rear more with these lights so I’m sure bsm will be different.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link

I just installed mine and I’m Having the same issue with the BSM. They look good and the reverse lights are super bright.Made me reconsider getting separate back up lights. Don’t need them now for my use.

Jazzicon

First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Extreme Recon, 2021 Toyota

I got the whole shebang from Retrofit Off-road. I think part of it is from Morryde, but Retrofit had all the parts.

Priherd

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR

I installed the Oracle Flush Mount Lights A couple days ago. I've had the same issue with the BSM. It doesn't alert on all vehicles that come into the BSM area and when it does alert on a vehicle, it is only when the vehicle is behind the blind spot. The alert goes away as the approaching vehicle passes my rear window. That's on the driver side, I haven't seen any alerts on the passenger side.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
It's interesting that some Oracle users are encountering reduced radar blind spot monitor (BSM) performance and others no change from OEM BSM. That could be quality control, CAN bus issues, or at least one further alternative:

I don't have these lights nor have I removed my Wrangler OEM LED lights, so I don't know about the mounting specifics beyond pictures elsewhere on this forum.

However, the Oracle lights look identical and possibly physically interchangeable Left and Right. Is it possible that the BSM radar normally looks sideways/behind with downward orientation, but if you accidentally reversed them Right and Left (and if they fit), the BSM radar would be incorrectly looking sideways/behind with upward orientation?

In this reversed case, it would be no wonder that the Oracle BSM wouldn't be seeing as many cars as the stock installation.

Oracle, if you are monitoring this thread, please comment!

BTW, the lights really look nice!
Sponsored